rF2 Nissan 370z - GT4 @ Palm Beach by Night - Mon 22nd Sept

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Good race everyone :D Was really nervous at the start (First race) and tried to play it safe not braking too early or too late. Ended up touching someone on my inside at turn 3 and I let them pass up the inside. I was behind the same car for over 8 laps roughly the same pace off, a few laps in they made a mistake at turn two and me being the idiot I do the exact same thing. I've never run long enough in these cars too see when the grip fades off the tyres, but for me it was lap 14. The fronts had no grip at all. Thank you for the racing guys :D until next time!

Yeah I was sweating at the start as I got a pretty good one and was side by side with one of the faster guys from practise and quali...didnt want to be the douche bag that ruined someones race.

Our pace was pretty similar for the 1st 10 or so laps Scott it was good!

Good race guys. :thumbsup:
Clean and fair which is always great to see.

The start went smooth with just a little touch between me and probably @Scott Kelly. I think we didn't see each other because i just felt something on my wheel and didn't even know what happened until i saw your post. Sorry if you lost some time. :(

For the first few minutes i was battling with @Steve Combey. My tires started to overheat so had to back out. After the tires were cooler i started to push again and after a few minutes i managed to catch him and gained the place. Then it was time to manage the gap and avoid the big mistakes which i did. ;)

Yeah Jason, was pretty good, I couldn't close the gap though and had a small lock up going into the chicane before the straight.

I didn't lose time Joao, I definetley felt the bump! I thought I may have caused you some time loss, so I let off the throttle for a second and went around the inside of turn 3 which dropped me from around 3-4th to last. I really enjoyed it and the first 25 mins went so fast. I set myself the goal to not be overtaken but I yielded on the 2nd to last lap I think it was. After that I tried to stay with the leader and managed to match pace for like 4 corners and then it dropped off.

After looking at my lap times, I realised that my pace wasn't changing, I was doing consistent 24.5 25.5 with the rare 26 and one 27. You all must have picked it up after the first few laps, because I couldn't touch anyone :D

For the 1st 10 or so laps I think I was over driving the car desperate to close the gap to James and managing the gap to you scott. I then managed to calm down and was doing some 1.23s so that's when the gap started to open up a bit. James must have made a few errors as the gap was around 4-6 seconds but then it would be down to 2-3 but then I'd get excited and make a mistake lol. Good learning curve I think my pb was a 1.226 in practise but Once we got into quali and the race I just couldn't seem to match that consistently . I've signed up to tmrw nights race now. Its the same track just different class. Get involved scott good practise for us novices lol

Haha, it is good practice for us Jason. I put my PB in for the final lap of qualy which was a 1.23.xxx. Enough to see me start 5th on the grid I think? maybe lower. I may sign up for the race, I'm not a big fan of those cars, but a few laps and I should be fine. I will let you know for 6pm GMT!

Haha, looks like I'm not gonna make it tonight! I will check back soon to see what servers are up and if I like one, I will take part. Hopefully a GT3 or SPA race is planned!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 363 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%