Resource icon

Misc Niko's Realistic 2016 Database 4.1 - The Finale!

Login or Register an account to download this content
Niko_1599 updated Niko's Realistic 2016 Database with a new update entry:

Bigger difference between tiers / New first drivers / Regular after-GP updates

CHANGELOG

View attachment 143262

v3.1 - After British GP

After many (MANY!) hours of trial and testing, finally got a balance that I like. Mercedes will be a little bit more dominant than before, and also each tier will be much slower than the tier right-before. Hopefully (again ^^) Williams is not OP in the races. I think with every version this mod is becoming more and more realistic without losing the unexpectability and becoming boring, so...

Read the rest of this update entry...

This might be relatable to your mod as I'm using Kris' mods also. When I change to Ultras Softs in the pits - they're Ultra Softs when they're in the pit crews hands, but as soon as they get put on the car, they immediately change to Super Softs. Can this be fixed and without disrupting my career?

I tried myself and I got the same bug. It's only visual, because in terms of performance it's still Ultra Soft. It isn't related to Database. You can ask Kris. :D

For now, I recommend to play with the "Normal tyres" version of my mod, at least in Monaco, Canada, Austria and Singapore (here is where there are Ultra Softs in the "Softer tyres" version). You won't lose your career by changing between the two versions of my mod. :)

I back up my database and save, and tried to replace it like you said. The game is stuck on loading when I press start, cant even choose my profile. Reverted back and it still happens. Looks like I've lost my save.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Really? Are you sure you only replaced the "Softer tyre database" for the "Normal tyre database"? It's weird, it doesn't happen to me and shouldn't happen to anyone because my both database files are identical, except for the tyre compunds. I switch between both of them without any problem. Maybe there is another mod that causes issues. :(

Im probably gonna try this new version tommorow evening in a stream. Curious to see the results in my career mode! I will keep you updated. keep up the good work!

EDIT : One more thing, I can play perfectly on legendary difficulty in my 100% races outside of career mode. But on my 25% races career mode save they drive mad times in practise and quali. like superhuman fast. So I always play on expert. Any idea why the difference in difficulty?

Oh, I'm gonna try to catch your stream! It's funny because my native is Spanish (I'm from Chile), but I know German (basic level), so I understand a few words that are similar on Dutch (like Prima!). :roflmao:

About difficulty levels, that's a thing that happens to me as well, but even happened with default F1 2014 game. I think it's because you start with a car that has no upgrades at all, while AI has fully upgraded cars. So we have to do R&D in practice to slowly improve our car. I also used to play Career Mode in expert mostly at tracks where the AI are crazily fast, like Silverstone or Shanghai. ;)

Williams is too fast &
Mercedes is too slow?

Attachments

• 20160717113301_1.jpg
    20160717113301_1.jpg
    390.7 KB · Views: 200
Was it a "short qualifying" or a "one-lap qualifying" session? Did you play the whole session?, or just fast-forwarded? or completely skipped it?.

It looks like it was a one-shot qualifying, and unfortunately if it was I can do little to nothing to fix it (times are quite random there :(). I recommend to use short qualy and fast-forward instead of using one-chance qualy system (obviously, if you have time, don't fast-forward at all and times should be more realistic). ;)

EDIT: Also, which version are you using? v3.1?

It's "one-lap qualifying"(expert) & v3.1!

short qualifying(legend) & skip
20160717163749_1.jpg

short qualifying(legend) & 30x
20160717163859_1.jpg

short qualifying(legend) & no skip
20160717165516_1.jpg

Hi, thanks for the screenshots. ;)

I took myself another two with the short qualifying (legend) & no fast-forward at all:

20160717215928_1.jpg

20160717222056_1.jpg

20160717222119_1.jpg

After analysing your results and my own results, I got the following conclusions:
1.- In short qualyfing sessions, AI cars often struggle to execute a perfect lap without traffic. Because of having 22 cars in all the session, it's difficult for them to make a perfect lap (compare my screenshots, focusing on Hamilton and Vettel, and also Sergio Pérez should be theoretically faster than his teammate, same with Carlos Sainz and with all 1st drivers, except Mercedes, they're equal at v3.1).
2.- Because Spielberg is a short track (low times), it isn't the best track to get info about performances, as results can be misleading (short track = low time differences between cars = more traffic on a qualy lap).
3.- Maybe I'm judging Max Verstappen (too slow) and Daniil Kvyat (too fast) wrong, because i'm using all their 2016 results, even when they were at Toro Rosso and Red Bull respectively. Now that there are more races-in the season, maybe it's time to only count their results since Spanish GP.
4.- I'm going to test this in other circuits before making a decision about making Red Bull faster or Williams slower. Mercedes is definetely where I want them to be (they have maxed numbers in the database, they're the best team, but not that dominant like in real life, so the game doesn't get boring).
5.- Also, to collect better data maybe it is better to simulate a Q1, Q2 or Q3 session instead of a short qualyfing, to avoid at maximum traffic problems.

Any info, screenshots, opinions or suggestions that you can give me will be appreciated. :):D

Last edited:

Verstappen better - Balance improvement - Driver's styles - Bug fixed

CHANGELOG

View attachment 145330

v3.2 - After Hungarian GP

Great battle between Kimi and Verstappen at the Hungaroring. Here is a new update for this database! :D

Major changes:
- Max Verstappen habilities up (only counting results since Spanish GP, when he joined Red Bull).
- Improved balance (Red Bull / Force India performances up. Ferrari / Williams / Haas / McLaren performances down).
- Added driver styles (good at qualifying, neutral,...

McLaren up to tier 2! Force India/Haas/Renault performances down / More unpredictable grids

CHANGELOG

View attachment 146462

v3.3 - After German GP

Hopefully I can upload another update before the return of F1 at Spa-Francorchamps. But this is looking good! :D

Major changes:
- McLaren Honda is now a tier 2 team.
- Force India/Haas/Renault performance down a bit.
- "Race Only" GPs grid is more unpredictable (not only Rosberg P1, etc.)

Regular changes:
- Updated Drivers and Teams' virtual performances...

Esteban Ocon! / more unpredictable grid / tyre compound update / little tweaks to performances

CHANGELOG

View attachment 150113

v3.4 - After Belgian GP

NOTE: Esteban Ocon Add-on available on RaceDepartment!

Major changes:
- New Manor Racing Team driver Esteban Ocon with name, texts and nationality (for driver pic, download my add-on on RD).
- Little car performance tweeks.
- Race Only GPs grid even more unpredictable (but still 'realistic') :D
- Updated tyre compounds for last races (all completed)....

Everything up to date - Italian GP!

CHANGELOG

v3.5 - After Italian GP

NOTE: Esteban Ocon Add-on available on RaceDepartment!

Major changes:
- Better balance between car performances.

Regular changes:
- Updated Drivers and Teams' virtual performances (simulated/fast-forwarded sessions).
- Updated Drivers' habilities (non simulated/fast-forwarded sessions).
- Updated tyre wear levels for each team.
- Updated "Race Only" GPs grid.
- Updated stats (podiums and wins)...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back