Nightmare Start For McLaren Continues

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Australia proved that Vodafone McLaren Mercedes' new MP4-28 was no match to the likes of Ferrari, Red Bull, Mercedes. With Jenson finishing 9th and Sergio finishing 11th, 2013 has proved to be another of McLaren's bad starts. Lewis Hamilton is probably looking back at McLaren glad he switched after Lewis' recent reports.

But unfortunately there is more bad news for McLaren fan's however hard the McLaren team try to hide it behind their smiles, due to the logistics for the two first races (Australia & Malaysia) the car's are shipped to the circuits earlier than normal, which in turn that means that when the team provide the car with new updates, getting them to the circuit is extremely rare because the first two races are close together and everything is packed into
containers, moved by the McLaren transit team, straight to the next venue Malaysia.

So when the press approached Martin Whitmarsh and questioned him about his chances of winning, The McLaren Team Principal told them: “Clearly, our performance in Australia last weekend was not up to our high expectations and we have been working tirelessly to bring additional performance to the car. But the short turnaround between rounds one and two of the championship means that we’ll arrive in Malaysia with less scope to improve our fortunes."

The whole reason for McLaren's massive drop in performance is due to one major factor. When the 2012 seasons ended, all the teams moved onto researching where the 2012 could be improved. Where as McLaren went with creating a car from scratch. Re-designing the whole chassis of the car, what they like to call a 'Radical Redesign' weather or not it was the right choice, we will soon find out.

McLaren have also been reportedly considering reverting to the 2012 car, although that too, would now be slot slower than the other teams, due to all the other teams having months to research their old cars. Plus they would lose the millions of pounds in research and development in creating the new MP4-28.

So for the time being, McLaren's awful season looks set to continue for a couple of races.
View the Post on the Blog

Hamilton did a great job in Australia. The only reason he was 5th was due to a late breaking error which forced him into a 3 stopper. Other than that he did nothing else wrong.

Gotta say, I never liked McLaren, and was only hoping for them to do well so that Lewis can battle for the WDC. However, after they've screwed him over in 2012 and definitely didn't appreciate his presence in their team the way they should have (didn't even celebrate his 100th GP in Germany 2012) I can't help but feel amused by their problems and issues.

Especially watching Jenson "I can make every close defeat to Hamilton look like a win" Button struggle makes me devilishly happy. Let's see how he's gonna cope with Perez, don't forget that the young mexican only finished 1,7 seconds behind Jenson in the Australian Grand Prix.

It's still a long season and too early to predict what's gonna happen, but every low point for McLaren is a satisfaction for me personally.

Gotta say, I never liked McLaren, and was only hoping for them to do well so that Lewis can battle for the WDC. However, after they've screwed him over in 2012 and definitely didn't appreciate his presence in their team the way they should have (didn't even celebrate his 100th GP in Germany 2012) I can't help but feel amused by their problems and issues.

Especially watching Jenson "I can make every close defeat to Hamilton look like a win" Button struggle makes me devilishly happy. Let's see how he's gonna cope with Perez, don't forget that the young mexican only finished 1,7 seconds behind Jenson in the Australian Grand Prix.

It's still a long season and too early to predict what's gonna happen, but every low point for McLaren is a satisfaction for me personally.
You hit the nail on the head there mate - I was feeling the same way!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 334 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 225 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 170 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 289 13.4%