Night transition or rain?

Well if i had to choose i would go for night, with realistic temps, for endurance racing of course (since we can change pilot now), rain would be awesome too, but I think it's harder to implement the physics behind it, along with tires for wet conditions, adding a more complex system for grip like track drying, well a dynamic grip system in a few words.
This said i wish the best at @kunos !
Forza e coraggio !

If I have to choose between the two I'd go for rain but I really never race in any sim with rain. In PC2 I just tested it because it looks good and I wanted to see what my graphics card could manage.
I rather see further development on the ai as I only play single player and a good ai is what makes single player racing fun. Just look at Raceroom and how enjoyable the racing have become since the latest updates. I never had so much fun in any racing sim and as AC is great on most other elements (I'm happy with the amount of tracks and cars - especially since there are so many great mods) an even better ai is what I would like the most.

If I am allowed to answer I would say obviously rain because it adds a whole different challenge to the table.. night is mostly a visual thing that doesn't really change the mechanics of the game at all.
That's an extremely Interesting response...one I'd never imagine in a 'million' years.
Thanks for clarifying.
If I hadn't heard it directly, I'd have guessed night to be the answer given the incredible workload I'd assume wet weather physics would represent.
Not being a programmer but having driven lots of performance cars in the wet and raced karts on limited wet tarmac, I'd envision it's a whole lot of work based on vehicle dynamics.
It's not uncommon to have the car losing traction in some partial wet/dry conditions... then handle completely stable on totally wet tarmac.
It'd probably be a 'nightmare' to program accurately for such a wide range of conditions.

Last edited:
That's an extremely Interesting response...one I'd never imagine in a 'million' years.
Thanks for clarifying.
If I hadn't heard it directly, I'd have guessed night to be the answer...given the incredible workload I assume wet weather physics would represent.
Not being a programmer, but having driven lots of performance cars and raced karts on limited wet tarmac, I'd envision a whole duplicated workload based on vehicle dynamics.
It's not uncommon to have the car losing traction in some partial wet/dry conditions... then handle completely stable on totally wet tarmac.
It'd probably be a 'nightmare' to program accurately for such a wide range of conditions.

well my answer was purely from a "player" perspective trying to ignore the technical challenges as developer.
As a player, driving at night is just driving with different colours, not really a big deal.. driving under the rain however, is another sport.

#goteamrain :D :D

Last edited:
well my answer was purely from a "player" perspective trying to ignore the technical challenges as developer.
As a player, driving at night is just driving with different colours, not really a big deal.. driving under the rain however, is another sport.

#goteamrain :D :D
I disagree, I think its more than just having less light. From what I´ve been able to pick up from some drivers (interviews), especially at the 24h of Nürburgring, when night falls its like another layout, like the difference in reference points and parts of the track that are literally pitch black as not even headlights illuminate them. Combine this with heavy rain+ traffic, one of the manliest challenges there is racing wise.

Well lit tracks like Daytona however, yeah might be just visual. The atmosphere it gives you still is kinda cool though and adds to the immersion.

Reactions: CC
I would love to have both on AC, but if i have to choose one, i would go for Night for some amazing endurance races. We have a good GT3 grid to start with, and i believe that must of AC fans, would like to have an WEC grid on it.
Maybe night and an WEC grid should be a smart step for Kunos to follow?

Just curious: why can't the current version of AC have night time races? I have seen the cars turn on their headlights when it's getting dark and foggy?
i may be wrong but i think the Graphics engine of AC only supports one point of light...i.e a sun. therefore the lights on the car are not actually able to project light.

Rain, but only if a proper wet line exists and the rubbered dry line is slippery, forcing you to drive on the outer edge of the normal dry line.

Night driving at Nordschleife or a winding country road would be interesting, no so much at a typical race track.

Night would definitely make the game look better. It implies a revamp of the in game lighting which could make the game look really good.

Rain implies that a more dynamic track would need to be introduced, which I think trump's nice graphics.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back