Niels Heusinkveld Talk & Drive Video - Caterham 620R

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Talk and Drive Episode 21 - Caterham 620r.jpg

With the upcoming Brit Pack DLC due to hit Automobilista, physics expert Niels Heusinkveld has released episode 21 of his Talk and Drive series of videos - focusing on the epic Caterham 620R around a short and twisting kart racing circuit.

The new edition of Talk & Drive runs to just over 37 minutes, as Niels takes to the twisting confines of the Ortona kart circuit and really shows how sideways he can get the nimble little Caterham during the video.

With "several" Caterham models due to be included in the 'Brit Pack' DLC, the 270R (with a race variant for Academy series), the 360R (with Superlight Series), along with the featured road version of the 620R have already been confirmed.

Exciting times ahead for Automobilista fans...

Talk & Drive 21: Caterham 620R

Check out the Automobilista sub forum at RaceDepartment, the best place to find all the top mods for the sim. If online racing is your thing, have a look at our racing club for top quality club and league racing events. Join in the action today!

Are you looking forward to trying out the Caterham vehicles in Automobilista? With Caterham a popular car of choice for the British performance enthusiast, do any of you own one yourself, and if so, how does the virtual version compare to your real world machine? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I really like what these guys are doing to AMS.
The fact that they could extract so much more development out of RF is very interesting.
It means ISI didn't do nearly enough to maximize what potential was there.
I am tending to drive AMS more than anything currently in my inventory, simply because it's a great compromise.
It feels the most natural over the entire spectrum and it doesn't look bad at all...when compared to RF or indeed RF2.
It also does not suffer the stupid penalty system of AC.

The fact that they could extract so much more development out of RF is very interesting.
I am tending to drive AMS more than anything currently in my inventory, simply because it's a great compromise.
It feels the most natural over the entire spectrum and it doesn't look bad at all...when compared to RF or indeed RF2.
Absolutely agree...and their Audio is extremely good as well....enjoying Automobilista the most out of all the Sims I have on my PC...only my personal preference.

...and their Audio is extremely good as well....enjoying Automobilista the most out of all the Sims I have on my PC...only my personal preference.

Yes...that AMS audio is like 'night and day' compared to the original game...or even that in RF2.
The DRM mod showed us the capability of audio in the original title.
Sadly...it's now crystal clear, it was never fully exploited by the developers.

For the time, budget and when it's development was stopped 9 years ago ISI did a great job.

For the time, budget and when it's development was stopped 9 years ago ISI did a great job.
People also ignore that isimotor was made to be used by people like Reiza and to have great products appearing ike Automobilista. No idea why people keeping expecting ISI to develop a full "game" when they are very clear into the platform development. Or maybe people just don't know what a platform is in this case.

The "not rF3" will show current ISI potential as a sim game developer, then we'll be able to compare their job and Reiza, Sector 3, etc.

People also ignore that isimotor was made to be used by people like Reiza and to have great products appearing like Automobilista. No idea why people keeping expecting ISI to develop a full "game" when they are very clear into the platform development.
The "not rF3" will show current ISI potential as a sim game developer, then we'll be able to compare their job and Reiza, Sector 3, etc.

You do realize that you've just contradicted yourself...right?
On the one hand, you've stated they don't fully develop a game...(just put the platform out there for others to do so).
You've stated this as the reasoning behind why RF left so much potential undiscovered.
You then stated on the other hand, that 'not RF3' will be the product to show what they can do against AMS, R3E, etc...
What make you think they'll fully develop 'not RF3' ... instead of simply putting it out there for another company to again finish?
See my point?

Last edited:
Nothing contradicting there, they develop a platform and they can develop a game at some point and they already did like F1, NASCAR, Sports Car GT. But there is quite a long time they don't develop anything like that. I'm just saying, if not clear enough..., rFactor 1 and 2 is not the right product to compare with something like AMS. IMO of course. That's why I say "The "not rF3" will show current ISI potential" because from past works they are damn good at it ;)

People also ignore that isimotor was made to be used by people like Reiza and to have great products appearing ike Automobilista. No idea why people keeping expecting ISI to develop a full "game" when they are very clear into the platform development. Or maybe people just don't know what a platform is in this case.

I think you are making a virtue out of a necessity there Will. rF2 has only ended up as a "platform" because ISI totally failed to deliver any compelling content for it. I don't think that was their original intention and even up to fairly recently they made lots of promises to deliver things very little of which has actually happened.

I hope ISI makes something good for not-rF3 but given their track record I am very sceptical.

I think you are making a virtue out of a necessity there Will. rF2 has only ended up as a "platform" because ISI totally failed to deliver any compelling content for it. I don't think that was their original intention and even up to fairly recently they made lots of promises to deliver things very little of which has actually happened.

I hope ISI makes something good for not-rF3 but given their track record I am very sceptical.
I disagree, to me rF2 is what rF1 was: a demo for the version of isimotor. Now hopefully rF2 will change.

I love reiza's work...i really do. But most of the times i race rF2. Somehow it is more appealing on simlevel way-ish for me. Dont know what it is. When racing AMS i really have the rF1 feel while rF2 gives me the feeling of racing on a deeper level...:thumbsdown:...got no clue

I love reiza's work...i really do. But most of the times i race rF2. Somehow it is more appealing on simlevel way-ish for me. Dont know what it is. When racing AMS i really have the rF1 feel while rF2 gives me the feeling of racing on a deeper level...:thumbsdown:...got no clue

I understand that completely. So much about sim racing is getting the sim + your wheel + your brain to mesh together. I think all the Reiza cars are at a pretty good level whereas some for rF2 are good and some terrible. I just get more enjoyment from AMS. When they actually deliver some new stuff for rF2 then I will reinstall it and check it out.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.4%