Nicky Hayden - 1981 to 2017

• Deleted member 6919

Such a massive loss to Motorsport, such a nice guy as well, he will so be missed around the pits..RIP Nicky

nicky 69 mid ohio 2001 race 2 carousel.jpg
Back in 2002 some friends and I went to Mid-Ohio to watch AMA Superbikes. I remember being so excited to watch Nicky race for the first time in person. He won that race and, a week later he became the youngest rider to win a AMA Superbike title. When he got a ride with Repsol Honda and ultimately won a world championship, It was an amazing feeling. Thanks for all the memories Nicky and, god bless you and your family.
Race In Peace :cry:

Not the news I wanted to wake up too:(:cry:, such a massive blow to the motor racing world, Nicky Hayden was one of those guys that you couldn't help but admire, so friendly to everyone, and never a bad word to say.
My thoughts go out to his family, friends and team members, Nicky will be missed by many.
R.I.P Nicky Hayden.

I live not far away from Misano World Circuit, so for me was a shock to hear about Nicky's accident. And now this....
Sadness he's gone :(:cry:

I don't want to talk about whose is fault, so just farewell Champion.

A young man at the top of his game and all to live for. What a tragedy.
The third sports star to be killed on public roads in recent times (that I know of).
Be careful out there!

We'll never forget Nicky. And for me personally, that 2006 was a major moment in my life. It was the first full season of Moto GP I'd ever watched and the first full season of motorsport. That season turned me into who I am today. Despite being only 10 at the time, I remember that season like it was yesterday and I remember Valencia, the final race so clearly. Rossi getting caught in the middle of the grid, crashing, Bayliss as a wildcard winning, but most importantly. Nicky Hayden, one of the genuine nice guys in professional sport winning that world championship. He almost single handedly got me into motor racing.

Thanks Nicky for the memories :inlove:

Reminds me of Bob Wollek, who got killed in a bicycle accident aswell. Living on the edge for over 30 years at a time when Motorsport was alot more dangerous than it is now and then getting killed on a average day ride. And motor cycle racing isn't the safest sport either. Race In Piece
Exactly, to endure all that they do on those two wheeled beasts and then to die just riding a bike, UNREAL!!!!!

I was upset to find out Nicky had been in an accident and been hurt. I was so very dissapointed that he passed away. He was such a great guy. He had love and passion for life and motorsports. Rest in peace Nicky.

I hear about bicyclists getting hit by cars often. Just a block down from me two bicyclists were hit and one of them was killed about two weeks ago. I don't understand why people continue to choose to ride on the road with such risk. All it takes is for a driver to be distracted for a second, and a bicyclist's life can be over. No driver is perfect, and every single one of us has had multiple times we have been momentarily distracted while driving a car.

I don't understand why people continue to choose to ride on the road with such risk
This roads are public. For bicycle, motorcycles and any other form of transportation.
It is not only for cars !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is our road. Maybe every car driver must realize, on the road can be his child, his wife, his brother or his parents and act accordingly.
http://www.velonews.com/2017/05/news/nascar-cycling-advocates-ride-memory-nicky-hayden_439575
And we all must go out on street for all drivers to see us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This roads are public. For bicycle, motorcycles and any other form of transportation.
It is not only for cars !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is our road. Maybe every car driver must realize, on the road can be his child, his wife, his brother or his parents and act accordingly.
http://www.velonews.com/2017/05/news/nascar-cycling-advocates-ride-memory-nicky-hayden_439575
And we all must go out on street for all drivers to see us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't disagree with you at all. I agree with all of your points. However I understand that we humans are imperfect creatures. People get distracted by cell phones or whatever. I am no different, I am not perfect. I almost got into an accident about a week ago; looked down for a moment on the freeway and looked up and the car in front of me had almost come to a complete stop. Couldn't stop in time and had to swerve into other lane. Luckily it was empty.

I'll note another person died yesterday on a bicycle on the roads just a few miles from my house here. A mother of 4, 33 years old--Jenna Taylor. She was riding with a friend and was hit by a big diesel truck at Val Vista and Ray in Gilbert, AZ. http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/arizona-news/258452318-story

I'm not willing to gamble my life--or any of my family's--by riding a bicycle on the road that 5,000 lb cars are driving on at 50+ miles per hour. All it takes is a millisecond for someone to be distracted, drift out of their lane, and hit and kill a bicyclist. Humans are imperfect creatures. I'll go ride my mountain bike off road. There, I only have to be concerned about my own mistakes hurting me.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back