Nice and sharp resolution? Just add this

What's the full, latest list? Saw many diff posts/edits. :D
After reading this and another thread about TAA, I searched quite a bit and tested different recommendations. This is what gives me the best result. Not sure if everything even works (didn't test them all one by one) but I got a better image quality and am quite happy with it :)

[ConsoleVariables]
r.TemporalACCatmullRom=1
r.TemporalAAPauseCorrect=1
r.TemporalAASamples=4
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=0.5
r.TemporalAASharpen=0.2
r.TemporalAADynamicSharpen=0.2
r.Streaming.FullyLoadUsedTextures=1

These are my graphic settings for single screen 1080p:
(bigger point = bigger difference)
IMG_20181031_092205_524.jpg

After reading this and another thread about TAA, I searched quite a bit and tested different recommendations. This is what gives me the best result. Not sure if everything even works (didn't test them all one by one) but I got a better image quality and am quite happy with it :)

[ConsoleVariables]
r.TemporalACCatmullRom=1
r.TemporalAASamples=4
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=0.5
r.TemporalAASharpen=0.2

View attachment 276204
Any effect on ghosting with your extended settings?

Any effect on ghosting with your extended settings?
Not much. The 4 samples seem to be a sweetspot but the variable for ghosting is something like "current frame priority". But no matter which of the recommendations I tried for this, while getting rid of ghosting, edges and lights started to flicker like crazy, making the whole image unbearable!

The sample number combined with the 3 different slightly sharpening variables is doing a nice job though!
Just copy your engine.ini and throw my package in and see for yourself :)

[ConsoleVariables]
r.TemporalACCatmullRom=1
r.TemporalAASamples=4
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=0.5
r.TemporalAASharpen=0.2

View attachment 276204
Thanks. Not sure, but I guess you tried the other parameters too (ex.
sg.ShadowQuality=1, r.MipMapLODBias=-1.5, r.Streaming.MipBias=1, etc., as well as some suggested under /Script/Engine.RendererSettings).... what's your opinion on them? I'm on VR though and there also appears to be other parameters that 'may be' affecting it (ex. vr.PixelDensity), so not sure if these others are essential in VR.

The value for the ghosting was:
r.TemporalAACurrentFrameWeight=0.5

But as I said, I really disliked that! Feel free to play around with 0.0 to 3.0 and see for yourself. This is apparently THE setting against ghosting.

sg.ShadowQuality=1
Nope, I'm happy with the shadows on high
r.MipMapLODBias=-1.5
I don't like LOD bias stuff. It makes Texture look fuzzy and overly sharp so you get a nice and crisp image but a lot of shimmering and pixel crawling. Apart from some texture loading problems I'm happy with it in ACC
r.Streaming.MipBias=1
That's interesting. What does it do?
/Script/Engine.RendererSettings
Didn't really look at that. Could you link me to it?

Overall I was only bothered by:
- TAA blurriness: got rid of it with the TAA settings
- Weird look due to too high tonemapper sharpen (it makes grass edges dark etc so it just looks ugly when too high!)
- Textures sometimes "sticking" at LOD B or something. I think the streaming variable got rid of it.

Btw the "streaming" set to "0" made ALL textures load into the VRAM. Game crashed with full AI grid on my 8GB 1070 :p

Nope, I'm happy with the shadows on high

I don't like LOD bias stuff. It makes Texture look fuzzy and overly sharp so you get a nice and crisp image but a lot of shimmering and pixel crawling. Apart from some texture loading problems I'm happy with it in ACC

That's interesting. What does it do?

Didn't really look at that. Could you link me to it?

Overall I was only bothered by:
- TAA blurriness: got rid of it with the TAA settings
- Weird look due to too high tonemapper sharpen (it makes grass edges dark etc so it just looks ugly when too high!)
- Textures sometimes "sticking" at LOD B or something. I think the streaming variable got rid of it.

Btw the "streaming" set to "0" made ALL textures load into the VRAM. Game crashed with full AI grid on my 8GB 1070 :p
:) Not from me originally.... it was from unionjacker's suggestion in this post: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/share-your-vr-graphic-settings.160409/page-4#post-2853633

For the love of God I cant find that folder on my PC :x3:
I have looked as you mentioned in you post but cant find the folder with engine.ini.
You went in here:?

C:\Users\%username&\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Engine.ini

Or just type %appdata% into the address bar of the explorer. You will jump to appdata/roaming though and will have to go one folder back to then go into "local". (not "back" with the back arrow. Back in the folder structure!)

BTW guys I'll test the current frame weight setting again. Starting with 0.1... I don't remember if I tested below 0.5 or just above, which looked extremely bad!

You went in here:?

C:\Users\%username&\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Engine.ini

Or just type %appdata% into the address bar of the explorer. You will jump to appdata/roaming though and will have to go one folder back to then go into "local". (not "back" with the back arrow. Back in the folder structure!)

BTW guys I'll test the current frame weight setting again. Starting with 0.1... I don't remember if I tested below 0.5 or just above, which looked extremely bad!

Current frame weight determines, how much TAA will be used. 0.1 means 90% TAA and 10% FXAA. 0.5 sets TAA to just 50% and FXAA to 50%. FXAA is very shimmering so.

In terms of some questions above:

r.texture.streaming=0 is not recommended, as it loads all textures to Vram. I recommend using r.streaming.fullyloadusedtextures=1 and set textures to mid or high.

I deleted r.Streaming.MipBias, because it did not affect performance for me.

r.mipmaplodbias is a variable that you can determine by yourself. I like -1.5, but for some people it's to mich shimmering. Set it to -1.0 or lower and the shimmering will decrease.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back