The Unity engine is not known for its technical excellence, it's mostly an affordable and convenient tool for making a game compatible with several platforms.

Sure, but if you can tweak it with 3rd party tools, you can also provide more options from the game menu itself. The NH2 options are very basic for a (non arcade) racing game on PC, the stock AA filters and LOD are pretty bad. I think the only way to make the game look like the screenshots is at 4K and probably using the videocard settings to overrule the stock ones.

The game does not support DSR, which is unfortunate.

I do like the game, I essentially bought a new monitor for this game.

Anything happening? If this takes place at 9p or later, I can join.

Have no idea what is going on with this series, it the level of interest.

Just a quick heads up for anyone unaware of it. The game is reduced to £29.99 here in the UK, a £10 saving over the release price.

Not sure if that reduction is also available overseas though.

Just a quick heads up for anyone unaware of it. The game is reduced to £29.99 here in the UK, a £10 saving over the release price.

Unsure if there is a similar reduction overseas though. My finger ius hovering over the buy option as we speak :unsure:

Unsure if there is a similar reduction overseas though. My finger ius hovering over the buy option as we speak :unsure:

I think this might be the wrong website to try and start a healthy NASCAR series on. I hope it happens, but it's crickets in here at the present. We are all wiling, but also involved in different things.

I think this might be the wrong website to try and start a healthy NASCAR series on. I hope it happens, but it's crickets in here at the present. We are all wiling, but also involved in different things.
I posted it in the general game thread too. It doesn't look like it will get any traction here anyway. The first game only generated pretty lukewarm response so I agree its not looking likely.

Is anywhere else running anything with it? I've been looking around but doesn't seem to be much going on. Plenty of guys trying to start something up on various sites but Just a quick heads up for anyone unaware of it. The game is reduced to £29.99 here in the UK, a £10 saving over the release price all falling on deaf ears.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob
Well I think we could get drivers from their Thread on Reddit. But you can't host a league there. NASCAR Heat doesn't have a dedicated forum. But the Dev's are in contact or get their feedback from the Reddit threads. And there are some people looking for a league. But with the Holiday's coming up Support for said league would be slim indeed. Now when January ramps up and we get closer to racing again I think Interest will peak.

I was thinking about buying this game. The PC version. Wondering what you guys think? I'm guessing nothing gets even close to NR-2003. Reviews on Steam were about 50/50. Most complained about the a.i. cars are to glued on the track. Said you can't spin them out even if you tried. I still play NR-2003 a couple times a week. I have 6 different versions, short tracks/super speedways/old mods/newer mods etc. I'm tempted to buy it, just don't know because of the 50% bad reviews. For an old game, 14 years, it still is the best & I'm afraid I'd be judging unfairly compared to NR-2003. Is anyone modding this game for more tracks or car mods? Just like to hear some honest opinions. Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
My $.02, I only raced NH 2 for a little over an hour before getting a refund. It wasn't for me, the physics seemed very simplified and graphically not very good by todays standards. I have a GTX 1080 Ti so I could use the highest graphical settings available. Maybe I didn't give it enough of a shot but I prefer driving NR2003 even at it's age.
I'll wait for either something new to come along (NASCAR, oval racing) but in the meantime stick to NR2003 and rF2 for some oval racing. Note, the stock cars in rF2 feel fantastic, rF2 just isn't a complete experience (career, etc.) for oval racing and there are some issues with flags and inconsistent AI.

My $.02, I only raced NH 2 for a little over an hour before getting a refund. It wasn't for me, the physics seemed very simplified and graphically not very good by todays standards. I have a GTX 1080 Ti so I could use the highest graphical settings available. Maybe I didn't give it enough of a shot but I prefer driving NR2003 even at it's age.
I'll wait for either something new to come along (NASCAR, oval racing) but in the meantime stick to NR2003 and rF2 for some oval racing. Note, the stock cars in rF2 feel fantastic, rF2 just isn't a complete experience (career, etc.) for oval racing and there are some issues with flags and inconsistent AI.

Thanks William for the info, I'll stick also to NR-2003. My opinion, I don't think any future game will better
NR-2003. Ashamed that the co-owner of IRacing, who owns the rights to NR-2003, doesn't do a make over of NR-2003 with new graphics etc. & sell it through Steam for say $29.95. Bet he'd make a fortune. I read somewhere that the reason he didn't or would threaten lawsuits for anyone trying to crack the game, the physics & a lot of IRacing is based on NR-2003 & he's trying to convert everyone over to IRacing.

Thanks William for the info, I'll stick also to NR-2003. My opinion, I don't think any future game will better
NR-2003. Ashamed that the co-owner of IRacing, who owns the rights to NR-2003, doesn't do a make over of NR-2003 with new graphics etc. & sell it through Steam for say $29.95. Bet he'd make a fortune. I read somewhere that the reason he didn't or would threaten lawsuits for anyone trying to crack the game, the physics & a lot of IRacing is based on NR-2003 & he's trying to convert everyone over to IRacing.
I did watch quite a few YouTube videos before trying myself. The general consensus seemed to indicate that the AI and "game" features (career, etc.) were pretty good - and I guess I may agree on those points. But it wasn't enough for me, it bothered me that the game wouldn't take advantage of my hardware - didn't push my CPU or GPU very hard at all. You would think it would scale better but maybe the console market was their focus. In addition, very weak wheel support and the FFB was just OK (Thrustmaster TX/T3PA Pro/TH8A).
Maybe you should give it a try yourself, you can take advantage of the Steam return policy as I did. You may feel differently.

NASCAR Heat 2 Update 3 - c.jpg

704Games have released their third NASCAR Heat 2 patch for PC and console today, adding a few minor updates to the American oval racing title.

Coming alongside another DLC offering of various semi pointless driver liveries from all three series featured in Heat 2, the new update is the third such patch that has been deployed to the game since it launched back in September and although not exactly earth shattering in content, does at least address the fantastically vague "miscellaneous" bugs within the game.

So hold on to your seats people, reading the new change log is going to be a rollercoaster ride of excitement...

Patch 3 Details:
  • Fixed Joey Logano’s Duralast GT Paint Scheme
  • 10 new paint schemes for players ages 21 and up
  • 3 new paint schemes for players under age 21
  • 1 new custom car template
  • 9 new custom car decals
  • Miscellaneous bug fixes
NASCAR Heat 2 is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC now.

NASCAR Heat 2 Update 3 - a.jpg
NASCAR Heat 2 Update 3 - b.jpg
NASCAR Heat 2 Update d.jpg

Check the NASCAR Heat 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news and discussion around 704Games latest NASCAR title.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Happy with the new patch? Enjoying NASCAR Heat 2? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
NASCAR Heat 2 2018 Update.jpg

704Games have confirmed the 2018 Season Update will be hitting NASCAR Heat 2 in the very near future...

Set to feature all the cars, drivers, teams and circuits of the 2018 NASCAR season, the new 2018 Season Update will be made available as additional paid content for NASCAR Heat 2 in the very near future. Once released and purchased, players will be able to select from both the current in game 2017 season and the new 2018 edition, however only the main Monster Energy NASCAR vehicles will receive the update treatment. It has not been confirmed if either the truck or Xfinity series will be updated at a later stage.

In other DLC news, it has also been confirmed that the new Charlotte 'Roval' track and 2018 paint schemes unfortunately will not work online.

The 2018 Season Update is set to include:
  • New Drivers
  • Updated Teams & Roster
  • New 2018 Paint Schemes
  • Updated 2018 Schedule
  • New Chevrolet Camaro Model
  • Charlotte Roval
NASCAR Heat 2 is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC now.

Check the NASCAR Heat 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news and discussion around 704Games latest NASCAR title.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to the upcoming NASCAR Heat 2 2018 Season Pack? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
One of the few companies that get it. Picking DLC over a whole new version with one very minor improvement Lots of sports games dont :(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back