Don't know where you heard that.

The base content for NHE 2016 was contracted out to my design group. After that, one our artists was hired full time by 704 and he creates all of the paint schemes for the game from inside the NASCAR headquarters. Since then, there's been no contracted artists.

Ah, I was going off of NHE's base content, then. Thank you for the clarification!

yeah apparently you still have to join a league to really get in a good season. I don't really want to run a league but then I see why I started mine as I can't find a league that actually runs the races and details I like. I am looking forward to getting the GT3 league up and going again though.
Mike you have admin right here, but I could run a Friday noght league if there is interest. I love the game and it does not take a lot of prep, like pCARS2, since there are so many good gamers out there (I trust the southern accents, lol) with setups that are good enough for me.

I was thinking Infinity (shorter, but not always, at 50%) and more interesting tracks. With cautions there now, the game should pretty much run itself. I'd go all hardcore on the rules, but exceptions can be make of course. The only thing I have not tried is running on line with A.I. Is that viable?

I haven't really tested much with AI and haven't tried AI on Road Courses they tend to be adaptive to the slowest player. Not sure how that would work in a league setting. But yeah Xfinity at 50% would be fun.

I still wonder if there is any interest. Seems like the game itself is better, but I don't see more people wanting to run. I guess it's 1/2 dozen and 6 of the other.

Well there is a pretty good crowd over on Reddit. I haven't advertised though because I've been so busy testing and practicing on PCars2.
You would be key in getting this up and going, but so far no response from the site. I have asked @Bram Hengeveld, but maybe other reasons exist for not promoting console NASCAR. Strange, since it was decent before but better now.

Last edited:
Yeah I even went to Paul Jeffery's and tried to get something going. At least they moved the thread. I think with NASCAR you kinda have to strike while the Iron is hot.. The cool think is all the setups from the first game should work in the second.. so Tuning won't be an issue.

Yeah I even went to Paul Jeffery's and tried to get something going. At least they moved the thread. I think with NASCAR you kinda have to strike while the Iron is hot.. The cool think is all the setups from the first game should work in the second.. so Tuning won't be an issue.
I love the new game. I rank it third behind Assetto and F1, which says a lot. @Bram Hengeveld knows about the request, but the PC focus and his schedule get in the way. We really need console staff. The guys I see in the console section that are staff are either not here anymore or absent. I'm looking at other sites, which is sad. I'm not sure what's going on here.

I think Paul is not really an administrator, but a jack of all media, and probably paid, so he's not the guy to ask. In fact, the console side had no leadership. On the Xbox side, anyone with forum knowledge would know who's driving the traffic. It's you, me, and Peter. Their loss if they want to keep us as participants. I have zero loyalty, other than sheer love, to this site because I can't get anything done. Worse yet, I can't even ask and see action from anyone, much less a contact that can grant or deny. The fact that we have been so loyal, for free, is a bit upsetting. But I've will never speak bad about this site except here, since it's a giant good thing. I'm loyal, but not an employee.

I'd love to have it hosted somewhere's but the Focus on this site is definitely more PC oriented. I think the console crowd is a dying breed at least here. I asked Webbers if I could host at DSRL because they were more Xbox oriented and his reply was, it wasn't Sim enough for him. So I guess my donation dollars will just go somewhere's else. I can't see donating money to someone that doesn't in some way benefit me referring to DSRL.

Last edited:
Well this thread got Bram's attention. He's a very busy guy and I didn't go through the Proper Channels of communication. So a dialogue has been created with the Administration. I'd say RD has been far more open-minded and accommodating then other sites.

Last edited:
I've been waiting for a sale... Is it worth $39.95?

For me it would need good wheel support (TM TX here), believable physics, good graphics/sounds, and decent career with very good AI. My favorite sims are rF2, R3E, and Project CARS 2 with an occasional AMS and AC - though I don't play career in any of these. I would be interested in using the career in NH2.

upload_2017-11-13_15-20-39.png

NASCAR Heat 2 Update 4.jpg

704Games have released a new and useful update for the NASCAR Heat 2 game on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, with PC versions to follow...

Although the new NASCAR Heat 2 update is out now for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, PC gamers will have to wait until early next week to get the opportunity to try out the new fixes for themselves...

NASCAR Heat 2 Patch Notes:
  • Fixed cockpit view camera sometimes being too low.
  • Fixed a crash in Career mode when starting a new season.
  • Fixed some other crash bugs.
  • Added Justin Haley as a driver.
  • Added more driver text messages to Career mode.
  • Added more driver video messages to Career mode.
  • Fixed driver message typos in Career mode.
  • Other minor bug fixes and improvements
If you missed the details of the last update to NASCAR Heat 2, check out the details HERE.

NASCAR Heat 2 is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC now.

NASCAR Heat 2 Update 1.jpg
NASCAR Heat 2 Update 2.jpg
NASCAR Heat 2 Update 3.jpg

If you are enjoying NASCAR Heat 2 (or just curious about the new game) then head over to our NASCAR Heat 2 sub forum. A place on the internet to discuss the game, download the mods and have your say with your fellow NASCAR Heat 2 fans!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Tell us what you think about NASCAR Heat 2 and the latest update in the comments section below!

This game is massively underrated but I understand why, at least here. Lots of oval haters and people expecting road course physics. Especially in light of other game makers struggling with ovals, NASCAR Heat 2 feels decent, almost Assetto-like, on ovals (as opposed to SMS, who's corporate motto is "let's screw the oval fans over"). Ovals really are easy to nail, if you think about, and they did a good job. I'd say a weak spot is track mapping, but each track has a very distinct personality, so drone mapping or topography maps were clearly used. The setups may be more intricate than any game out there. And the A.I. are the crown jewel. It's nearly impossible to get them right on an oval. Just ask SMS or any previous NASCAR maker.

Last edited:
I see it on a little sale now and I'm thinking about it, but have they done anything to improve the lighting, shadows, LOD, etc. to make it look less Unity, and more importantly, is the FFB more detailed than at launch? It mostly felt like nothing was there, like I was playing with a rubber band.

Hold a steady wheel, Rob.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 94 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 69 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 74 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • < 5 years