NFS Tournament Class A

Cars NFS Tournament Class A 1.6

Login or Register an account to download this content
Found a couple issues @A3DR

1) the brake calipers lettering can be seen through the rims blur
0JIZiW2.jpg

2) this temp gauge indicator seems to be not properly set (?)
8QrnTb2.jpg

3) some misspellings in the skins (I am italian): for the 512, "Chairo" instead of "Chiaro"; for the Diablo, "Oscuro" instead of "Scuro" (technically both are correct, but we use scuro for colors, oscuro for something that is not understandable (an idea, a thought, etc)

Another couple issues:

1) the Ferrari 512 black skins seem to have, for some weird reason, less transparency on the dash's glass; this doesn't happen with the red or yellow skins (???)

2) there seems to be some black dot on the rev counter, in between the 9k and 10k marks

Y5AF7qQ.jpg

Those are good excuses to go over the instrumentation a bit, and also have another go at the rear lights texture which is not exactly how I'd like it to be (need to find a way around AC's shadow issue), so thanks for pointing those out.
Maybe @9kret9 would like to make new textures for these gauges as well :)

I'll save it for when I get some time to mess with both models, so I can also update them with the working blinkers like I did on the Viper.

Those are good excuses to go over the instrumentation a bit, and also have another go at the rear lights texture which is not exactly how I'd like it to be (need to find a way around AC's shadow issue), so thanks for pointing those out.

I'll save it for when I get some time to mess with both models, so I can also update them with the working blinkers like I did on the Viper.

Can I ask you a question: looking at pictures of the 512TR cockpit, it seems that apart from the clock, all gauges are in the wrong location. On the dash there should be oil pressure up and water temp down, while on the right low counter there should be, from left to right, clock (that is correct in your mod), fuel and oil temperature. Any reason why is that? You used a particular model for reference?

Yeah sure, always with pleasure :thumbsup:

Just send me the old textures, so that new gauges will be in place straight away.

Can I ask you a question: looking at pictures of the 512TR cockpit, it seems that apart from the clock, all gauges are in the wrong location. On the dash there should be oil pressure up and water temp down, while on the right low counter there should be, from left to right, clock (that is correct in your mod), fuel and oil temperature. Any reason why is that? You used a particular model for reference?

Now that you mention it, I couldn't find evidence of that, but I do remember it had something to do with a US spec thing vs Euro.... hmmm will double check for the next update while I'm at it.

Yeah sure, always with pleasure :thumbsup:

Just send me the old textures, so that new gauges will be in place straight away.

Excellent! here's the psd:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ns6jRSG_qH63yHIJMfBt2Zma6G0rUZ4a
(forget the needles, as I'll make them in 3D)

Hi,
it's possible to fix these issues also:

INIReader: content/cars/a3dr_lambo_diablo_se30_jota/data/sounds.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [BACKFIRE] TRIGGERGAS
INIReader: content/cars/a3dr_lambo_diablo_se30_jota/data/analog_instruments.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [RPM_INDICATOR] OBJECT_NAME_MAX
INIReader: content/cars/a3dr_lambo_diablo_se30_jota/data/lights.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [BRAKE_0] OFF_COLOR
INIReader: content/cars/a3dr_lambo_diablo_se30_jota/data/lights.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [BRAKE_0] OFF_COLOR
INIReader: content/cars/a3dr_lambo_diablo_se30_jota/data/digital_instruments.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [ITEM_1] UNITS
INIReader: content/cars/a3dr_lambo_diablo_vt/data/sounds.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [BACKFIRE] TRIGGERGAS
INIReader: content/cars/a3dr_lambo_diablo_vt/data/analog_instruments.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [RPM_INDICATOR] OBJECT_NAME_MAX
INIReader: content/cars/a3dr_lambo_diablo_vt/data/lights.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [BRAKE_0] OFF_COLOR
INIReader: content/cars/a3dr_lambo_diablo_vt/data/lights.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [BRAKE_0] OFF_COLOR
INIReader: content/cars/a3dr_lambo_diablo_vt/data/lights.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [BRAKE_1] OFF_COLOR
INIReader: content/cars/a3dr_lambo_diablo_vt/data/lights.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [BRAKE_1] OFF_COLOR
INIReader: content/cars/a3dr_lambo_diablo_vt/data/digital_instruments.ini > KEY_NOT_FOUND: [ITEM_1] UNITS

Greets After_Midnight

Edit: PLEASE Anyone can quote this message of me for A3DR? Because I'm still on his ignore list.

Thanks in Advance :thumbsup:

Last edited:
@A3DR there are some issues with the Diablo VT; I know you are very busy right now, with multiple projects and a new job, but it would be great if you could update this pack when possible :)

SETUP

1) the wing setting configuration doesn't make a lot of sense: on 0 it's on, on 1 it's off; shouldn't it be the other way around?
2) the front height is higher than the rear; is it correct? As it is, with lift under acceleration, it should create an air bubble beneath the car, destroying handling, while on the contrary the car is very planted and stable..

GRAPHICS

1) when lights are on, the dash instruments lose a lot of crispness and it becomes a jaggies festival; can it be lessened somehow? right now I drive with lights off all the time to avoid this strain on the eyes :D

TEXTURES

1) the air outlets do not look right; low res textures?
sq7XdYm.jpg

@A3DR there are some issues with the Diablo VT; I know you are very busy right now, with multiple projects and a new job, but it would be great if you could update this pack when possible :)

SETUP

1) the wing setting configuration doesn't make a lot of sense: on 0 it's on, on 1 it's off; shouldn't it be the other way around?
2) the front height is higher than the rear; is it correct? As it is, with lift under acceleration, it should create an air bubble beneath the car, destroying handling, while on the contrary the car is very planted and stable..

GRAPHICS

1) when lights are on, the dash instruments lose a lot of crispness and it becomes a jaggies festival; can it be lessened somehow? right now I drive with lights off all the time to avoid this strain on the eyes :D

TEXTURES

1) the air outlets do not look right; low res textures?
sq7XdYm.jpg
Thanks for pointing those out! not sure what to do with the gauges, lighting looks very good here

Showroom_a3dr_lambo_diablo_vt_1-6-2018-9-28-17.jpg
Showroom_a3dr_lambo_diablo_vt_1-6-2018-9-28-6.jpg

The wing thing is not important so that's how it is, suspension height? no idea, Jason is not coming back so won't be touching the physics myself.

Low res AO on the vents, yeah, that's been bothering me for a while after optimizing that map, will have to look for a solution there, I agree.

Will add that to the to-do list once I get some time to update some bits on the 512TR as well ;)

Thanks!
May I ask you which graphics settings are you using in game and through graphics card dedicated panel (if you are actually using dedicated settings)?

Sure, the only thing I'm using outside AC settings is the vsync set to "fast" through the Nvidia control panel (I have a 970 GTX), here they are:
Screenshot_5.jpg

Sure, the only thing I'm using outside AC settings is the vsync set to "fast" through the Nvidia control panel (I have a 970 GTX), here they are:

Wow, I got same gpu, same monitor resolution and same AF and AA setting (but I also have 4xSGSSAA) and my setup does not look sharp as yours. Seems like you have 4k in comparison to mine..

Again, thanks!

@A3DR

If I may, having deeply inspected the physics of this car when I worked on the 512TR SS you are right and this is not wrong, it's actually the same on most cars but you won't see it in the setup. AC suspension physics for ride height are related to the pick up point of the suspension which is in turn related to the rod length of the strut - this will always be higher in front as that is where the car needs maximum travel where as in the rear (especially with a RWD mid engine V12 car) the suspension will have less travel and be much harder than the front.

With a customizable setup all you see will be '10' and '15' for front and rear hence it seems more logical visually that the car will sit lower in front than in the rear. Even if it said '15' and '10' if you check the rod length in the physics you will find a rod length for fornt and rear that will compensate for this in combination with the weight distribution which in AC is just a percentage number you type in.

Hope it helps.

If I may, having deeply inspected the physics of this car when I worked on the 512TR SS you are right and this is not wrong, it's actually the same on most cars but you won't see it in the setup. AC suspension physics for ride height are related to the pick up point of the suspension which is in turn related to the rod length of the strut - this will always be higher in front as that is where the car needs maximum travel where as in the rear (especially with a RWD mid engine V12 car) the suspension will have less travel and be much harder than the front.

With a customizable setup all you see will be '10' and '15' for front and rear hence it seems more logical visually that the car will sit lower in front than in the rear. Even if it said '15' and '10' if you check the rod length in the physics you will find a rod length for fornt and rear that will compensate for this in combination with the weight distribution which in AC is just a percentage number you type in.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the kind and exhaustive reply :)

Also don't expect a car of this era to be particularly 'planted and stable' at speed, especially a Ferrari.
The 550 Maranello I'm working on - despite being much newer - also displays a lot of pitch and dive under acceleration and braking. And with the pretty exhaustive data Ferrari make available on their workshop manuals I can verify its all correct.

I mean just look at the Ferrari compared to the Aston under braking (this is with the stiffer Fiorano Handling Package aswell...) - they are just really softly sprung.

QK9NEV2.jpg

Rolls a fair bit too:

mHM9VOm.jpg

Also don't expect a car of this era to be particularly 'planted and stable' at speed, especially a Ferrari.
The 550 Maranello I'm working on - despite being much newer - also displays a lot of pitch and dive under acceleration and braking. And with the pretty exhaustive data Ferrari make available on their workshop manuals I can verify its all correct.

I mean just look at the Ferrari compared to the Aston under braking (this is with the stiffer Fiorano Handling Package aswell...) - they are just really softly sprung.

QK9NEV2.jpg

Rolls a fair bit too:

mHM9VOm.jpg
This is often the mistake rookie modders make...They release a car that's way too stiff. A car can have roll and pitch and still handle amazingly well.

Given all of the above it needs to be recognized that the 550 in all variations is much softer than the Testarossa/512TR/Countach and Diablo. It's much more of a long distance hauler whereas the older cars were actually quite stiff and handled tightly at speed.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back