• Deleted member 151827

There was one for the PS2 and Bethesda used to make a few before they decided to milk the fallout and TES cows. Also there's good ol' street rod 1 and 2.
I just ordered a couple that are from the original xbox, but they supposedly work on the 360. We'll see. Would still like to see a proper current technology drag racing game done. One can only hope. lol

Does anyone know if that game uses a known game engine? Just curious 'cause the Miata Screenshot kind of reminds me of the engine from Dirt judging by the overall looks but won't most certainly be the case... Nevertheless I'm looking foorward to thge game.

They are using Unity engine

I love pretty much any form of motorsport but I cannot bring myself to like drifting. The lack of a stop watch as the judge of both driver and car is something I cannot accept.
Go tell that to the Japanese,here drifting competicions was born,is a motorsport like any other pal.

The drifting game that isn't quite a game just had some news...

We've spoken about Drift '19 a little before, the last time in fact was to share their message that the title will be delayed from Early Access release whilst the devs continue to work on the software behind the scenes... however, that was back in early November 2019, and since then things have gone very, very quiet indeed.

With such a long silence between updates, one would be forgiven for thinking that something pretty major is happening behind the scenes, and if that person was you, it looks like you were right all along! Surfacing on their Facebook page a few short days ago, the development team behind this very interesting title have some news for us all - they have secured the services of 505 Games (of Assetto Corsa fame) as publisher of the new title, and to better reflect both the delayed launch and long term plans, the game will undertake a re--branding exercise and from now on will forever be known as 'Drift '21'.

The full statement can be found below:

We have a big update for you. The last few weeks have been very busy for us. We've focused on fine-tuning the game and fixing bugs. The work is in full swing.​
We are also pleased to announce that we have a new global publisher - 505 Games, known for Assetto Corsa and Control. It's a great thing for us to work with such an experienced publisher.​
Together with the publisher we also decided to update the title to DRIFT21. Why DRIFT21? We're planning long-term support for the game, which will include new tracks, cars and tuning parts.​
Early Access will start this spring!​

Original Source: Drift '21 Facebook

Drift '21 will release around Spring 2020.

Got questions or news about the sim? Check out the (soon to be renamed) Drift 19 sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and start a new thread today!

Drift 19 update.jpg

Sorry, English is not my native language. Instead of "drifters" I should have written "drift racing driver" :rolleyes:
No no no, don't get me wrong, my friend! I'm not saying I don't understand your English, what you said is perfectly understandable.

That was my honest reaction when I see the news about this... "well below average" game. :D
(Because, you see, there are so many trashy drift games on Steam these days.)

wtf....mouse steering and i beat the hard difficulty timer......my best was 1min on keyboard driving.....
apologies for hijacking the forum.....there was no nfs shift thread.....

Attachments

• lol.jpg
    lol.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 55

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 199 14.7%