Nextion Display Connection failed

Trying to build a Nextion display dash and im having issues. I have the Nextion display hooked up to a USB to TTL module, RX to TX, TX to RX and it is getting power because the display is on and working. However, whenever i try to upload the file through the Nextion editor, it wont connect and gives the message "Connection Failed, Forced Interrupt". Iv looked all over the internet and it seems other people have had the same issue but no one has said how to fix it. Does anyone have any input that may help? Thanks

This is what I did just fixed. Make sure to press Device in nextion editor and select the correct model, eg this will be found on the back of the display. Mine for example is the 3.2 touchscreen so that was under the enhanced tab. Next make sure the screen is directly plugged into the pc, no extension cables or hubs etc. Then compile then upload.

I am still having the same issues as mention above being plugged straight into a computer directly and I have the power coming from the little green additional pins that come with it hooked up to a 5V power cable from a wall socket. Any other clues?

I have the same problem. Before I could upload with the TTL module. And now I can not. Checked the wires. Everything is connected ok. Now I can not even upload a template.

[SOLVED] :D

I had some similar issues and I tried looking at a few things:

1. Test different USB cables if using a USB to TTL converter.
2. Check the correct colour coded wires match up correctly as per diagrams found online.
3. I found that I have to plug in my screen, setup up the nextion editor to how I would like to upload it and before I click upload, I unplug the screen. Then, plug in the screen at the usb port on your PC and almost instantaneously press 'upload'. Literally the second you hear that windows noise of a device being plugged in, press upload. This seems to work for me but it could just be an issue I am having?

Please let me know if this still doesn't work and I'll try and get back to you. :D

This is my first time replying to a forum on RaceDepartment.

Last edited:
Trying to build a Nextion display dash and im having issues. I have the Nextion display hooked up to a USB to TTL module, RX to TX, TX to RX and it is getting power because the display is on and working. However, whenever i try to upload the file through the Nextion editor, it wont connect and gives the message "Connection Failed, Forced Interrupt". Iv looked all over the internet and it seems other people have had the same issue but no one has said how to fix it. Does anyone have any input that may help? Thanks

Please see the reply above :)

Try a different method to upload. Using the simhub version of the Nextion Editor software, click on 'File' on the top left and select 'TFT File Output'. This will prepare the file for upload using the simhub file format. Double click on the generated file in the folder shown and a pop-up window will appear. Select the correct port then baudrate and begin the upload.

A year later, I bought a new computer, it tries and still doesn't work.
I've tried everything. The display works after connecting the power supply, the templates can only be uploaded using the SD card, but no connection with the PC = no connection with the simhub. I searched the entire internet. One person wrote that they had the same problem as me. She bought a second display and it worked immediately. It is possible that some % of the displays have a connectivity problem.

I bought it from China so no guarantee :(

Hello friends
I uploaded the program to Nextion display in the following way:
Load the empty program into the Arduino, connect them together according to the sample diagram. but swap the 2 yellow and green wires at pin RX and TX to the arduino. Next load the KMI file on Nextion, when finished, remove the 2 green and yellow wires to load the code. for the arduino and finally connect the 2 wires to the arduino according to the corect diagram.
good luck and success

Attachments

• hqEF5WIaQ7Te7atEHiNr.png
    hqEF5WIaQ7Te7atEHiNr.png
    220.7 KB · Views: 328
[SOLVED] After several days with this problem and without ITEAD's technical assistance, I managed to solve it myself. In my case, this bizarre write error also generated the "Connection Failed, Forced Interrupt" messages after the ports had been scanning for minutes. The problem was that I loaded a TFT that seems to get in the way of writing a new file. I solved it as follows: Upload the blank TFT file (only with a blank screen) for the program to release the RX and TX ports. Then use a MicroSD to upload the blank program. Finally, I uploaded it by any method. In all types, the upload worked perfectly for me.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 106 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 80 9.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 54 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 112 13.4%