Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Wreckfest Update.jpg

Wreckfest has been updated today with a new hotfix release, of which you can read all about the changes below...

Having at long last reached a stage where the developers feel it is time to consider the title worthy to step out of early access, Wreckfest is a very different prospect to what it once was one or two years ago. Despite what has been a rather impressive development of late, and what is truly a very underrated by highly polished title, the development team behind Wreckfest are still hard at work bring some further refinements ahead of the upcoming console release - as can be evidenced by the new update hotfix released earlier today.

August 21st Update Notes:
  • he game no longer crashes in specific cases when entering the Settings menu.
  • The game no longer sporadically crashes when using a vehicle with ragdoll driver.
  • The lawnmower and harvester no longer occasionally glitch when customizing paint.
  • Realistic Damage now works correctly in multiplayer.
  • Added “Server Not Empty” filter to Server Browser.
  • Added sorting as per ping to Server Browser.
  • In Lobby, it’s now possible to scroll the player list with a gamepad.
  • Reverted AI aggression back to what it was before the June update so AI is again more prone to do kamikaze attacks against the player especially on Expert difficulty.
  • Increased Player Rank level cap to 100.
  • In Career, V8 Thunder series now has 6 laps instead of 3.
  • In Career, adjusted series order of National Amateurs to hopefully prevent the users from getting stuck.
  • A number of environment art improvements and fixes.

Wreckfest is out now on PC. Xbox One and PS4 versions to follow November 20th 2018.

Don't forget to check out the RaceDepartment Wreckfest sub forum for the latest news, discussions, events and mods for this awesome racing title.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Have you tried the latest update? What are your impressions of the title now that it is our of Early Access? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
but those kamikaze attacks are annoying, they gain nothing by it (i would understand that in team races); They shouldnt crash into someone for the sake of crashing in a race- you have destruction derby for that. It's the same way with AI pushing you from the side, often doesnt make any sense, you just wait with ai stuck to you and both lose time

Actually, i did some reading, and sharing experience with players on the steam discussions, it seems that they are doing these kamikaze attack only if you touched them before during the race.
Slight contact and you're on their list :p

which is more annoying is that they don't do it to other AI, so you feel like the whole crowd is after you only !

I am still experiencing periodic crashes during track loading due to "out of memory error." I have a 12 GB video card and tons of RAM... Otherwise all is good.

Bugbear Dev Janne posted this over at Steam forum:

Marc Collins;1735462352481970008 said:
Post Aug 21 update still having instability issues. Always during/near end of track loading sequence. Out of memory errors (12 GB video card!). Runs perfectly in all conditions except for these persistent crashes related to track loading.

I do have 21:9 display, so not sure if that's related, but will echo request for 21:9 support for HUD/menus.

jannesBB;1735462352483120126 said:
@Marc Collins: That seems like an issue with the system memory, not vram. Are you letting Windows configure virtual memory (paging file)? Disabling it or making other ill-advised changes can cause game instability.

If your virtual memory page file is set to small, it can cause out memory error:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/228380/discussions/0/1745594817445030248/#c1745594817445693373
RobyR;1745594817445599294 said:
I've 8gb ram, paging manually set to 256 (initial) and 2048 (max)

RobyR;1745594817446131715 said:
No more crash.
Set paging to 1024/8192

Last edited:
Bugbear Dev Janne posted this over at Steam forum:

If your virtual memory page file is set to small, it can cause out memory error:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/228380/discussions/0/1745594817445030248/#c1745594817445693373

No, I have not adjusted virtual memory or page filing. No game or app crashes, ever, on my system except Wreckfest with predictable regularity.

We'll see if anything changes when they put in proper 21:9 menu and HUD support. The crashes occur just as the track loading should be finishing and the game returns to the pre-race menu screen.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 349 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%