Next Test and RCD files.

David O'Reilly

A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.
I thought I should create a thread for this so everyone is aware.

From my recent experiences on several servers there can be freezes and other problems.
By process of elimination it appears to me (someone who is far from expert in the intricacies ofthe sim) that The VIRTUAL TEAM FEATURE is central to the problems.

I did a fresh intall of RF2 core. Only installed 1 track (Melb) and went on line with 2 others.
Freeze within 1 min.
I exited the game and deleted all rcd files but left the virtual team folders and skin download on.
Went back on line.
Freeze within 1 minute.
Exited game and cheked again. One rcd file had been downloaded.
I deleted this file and all the virtual teams and turne off "Download custom skins".
Game ran fine from then on.

Sorry if this seems simple to experts but some wont know this.

So my hypothesis is that with "Download skins" on it will download any rcd file (virtual team) used by another driver.
However, the broadcast will look a bit crappy if all the cars are the same.

So my suggestion is that we test the server at a test race with NO RCD FILES in the server or in any of the teams/drivers PC. So all Virtual teams deleted.
BUT with you personal skin loaded and with "download skins" ON.
This way we have skins but no rcd files.
IMPORTANT, ALL WHO ENTER SERVER NEED TO HAVE NO RCD FILES.

Then we quit the server, create virtual teams and go again. (I won't as I know it doesnt work for me!).

In this way we test if things run smoothly with all our skins visible as a simple alt dds, instead of a virtual team.

If it doesn't it possibly means that all teams need to upload their skins to be put in a folder and inserted in-game by each of us.

Sorry if these seems incredibly obvious to some of you. It was a discovery for me and needs to be sorted out.

edit:
It seems iSI are aware as the rcd bug is being attended on the next build.

I thought I should create a thread for this so everyone is aware.

Interesting findings. Since there is no FSR server since few days online we can't do much to test it.

Anyhow, my suggestion for race directors is this. Let the server run with normal parameters when free practise session starts. Some people might have lagging opponents or whatever, but let it run until most skins have uploaded. Then restart dedi and disable skin transfers from server side. This way there will be no http traffic during the real event. Some drivers might not have downloaded all skins by then, but more important is that they have transferred to server and visible on broadcast.

There is an idea.
One other thing. I understand that the skin transfers occur when you are sitting in the pit box. So on arrival, especially race 1 maybe we should just sit for some time to let it all happen.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 271 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 396 40.0%