Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

We don't all have them ;) It just goes against what I want from my racing that's all. In the LMP1's I wouldn't dial it down I would dial it off full stop lol. Takes away the fun for me knowing there's something other then my input controlling the car... that's where artificiality comes into it for me but horses for courses I suppose. I simply couldn't see any reason to have it on at all tbh in those LMP1's.

The RUF just felt like a boat lol. I'm sure I could dial it in with time on the setup but that's always whats short for me so I would leave that car alone for now.

If the consensus is no assist then I will choose cars without assists however if the consensus was as it was before we started the GT3 league then assists are fine as long as they're realistic. That was the sense I got and I'm not sure why the change of course now because the GT3 cars are actually easier to drive without assists.

Last edited:
It's really the same reason why I don't choose fake cars on rather not drive a car that doesn't have what it has in real life and that includes assists but that's just me and like you said it's just horses for courses.

I can't say I've driving the LMP1's without TC its always been with Real Assists. So I don't know. I have driving the LMP2 with no assists, and those buggers are as hard as the F1 cars. I takes a lot of time to get used them here. And Peter, it may be easier to drive the beast without FFB getting in the way. I find myself fighting the car a lot of times. When I get a new wheel I can test and give my two cents. I don't mind trying either way I suppose, just not sure how well these cars will drive in the rain without Real Assists. As far as GT4...After playing around with the Mustang in GT4 (Remove the rear roll bar completely) I'd give that another try but would still probably end up with the Ginetta if I ran a GT4 car.

The ffb is not a factor for me as I'm used to and like the F1 style of car. As do others. But Michael you make a good point. I try to do two things mainly. Get a consensus and keep it real. The LMP spaceships really are just open wheelers in disguise so they lack the lateral grip of an F1 car and don't have the lb per inch downforce. Ergo for many they are tough and really not true sedans. But they got the vote. My personal opinion is that an LMP900 would fit best. Or an LMP1 class with a little less power and no assists (but they don't exist). I think we need to keep it "real" unless the car is fiction.

Last edited:
Forza is ok..still feels artificial like f1 2015 does to me anyway..project cars ffb has ruined all others.lol although I do see improvements to forza but things like mod packs for extra grip and moving up the grid a position turn me off from this game.think il save my money for now anyway

Forza is ok..still feels artificial like f1 2015 does to me anyway..project cars ffb has ruined all others.lol although I do see improvements to forza but things like mod packs for extra grip and moving up the grid a position turn me off from this game.think il save my money for now anyway

They are getting closer. I agree about the physics, except that I think F1 2015 is better than pCARS if we are talking solely about slip angles and connection to the road.

Mod packs for extra grip? :rolleyes:. Well, Forza is still Forza I guess, but I don't mind customizing cars (as leagues can all run on the same spec. What they really need is real pit strategy, more tracks (including ovals) and physics that are geared toward the SIM/wheel racer instead of the controller. Tire wear, in car cockpit adjustments, and fuel usage would be nice too. Oh...and clean up that farce of a tuning model too...it's starting to make F1 look fancy.

No doubt we have been spoiled by pCARS and the best wheel ever released for the console.

Watkins Glenn and Laguna both potentially have two or more votes too but I see you are wanting to keep it to Europe... personally I think some of those US tracks would suit these cars really well though so it's a shame to consider them only for sedans.

As I've said I wouldn't particularly fancy Catalunya when there are so many other tracks we don't get to race elsewhere.

If we are talking F1 tracks in Europe then as I mentioned before Silverstone would be good in these cars so with Gus's vote for that it makes two there as well. But again another track that we visit regularly elsewhere. The only other to keep it authentic to the real series would be Monza I guess.

I don't consider these cars only for European tracks, I consider GP3 a European Series that runs on European tracks. Just trying to keep it realistic. We have plenty of time to get to the American tracks with or without open wheelers. But both at some point, will be surely done. All I ask is
1. European Track
2. One we have not been to in either series yet.

It would have been easy to follow the actual series schedule, but those are all familiar tracks. And Silverstone is boring to drive, fun to watch.

If we end up with GT1 cars and GP3 as a main series (or even the F1 Historics, which would allow a great mix if incredible tracks, of which Sonoma is not one. lol) the tables could easily turn, with the open wheelers in the USA and the sports cars in Europe.

Montoya was a diva when he was in F1... not my favorite driver. He was the Lewis Hamilton of the early 2000. lol
Ok, back to the real stuff, Robert said that he wants to keep it in europe and its the last race of the season, let's go with a bang. Something that's legendary but also fun to drive. I nominate....
Donnington.

Y

If the consensus is no assist then I will choose cars without a cyst however if the consensus was as it was before we started the GT three league then the cyst or fine as long as they're realistic that was the sense I got and I'm not sure why the change of course now because the GT three cars are actually easier to drive without assisting the LMP one cars in my opinion but that's fine I can take the LMP away they just seems to be popular
Don't get me wrong I am not saying turn them off if thats what people want, just making the point that I won't be using them. As I said it's horses for courses... I just like my courses a little more challenging ;) I made the same point when Pete Evans spoke up against the fact that they were being used. You can still have fun racing no assists even when driving against others who are using them. Admittedly in the rain it's much more of an issue but it's a choice I make for my own personal enjoyment so I am fine with that.

I wouldn't agree that the GT3's are easier to drive without assists. I am definitely quicker if I use the assists that are allowed but I just prefer to stick with how i've always driven, it went against the grain and felt odd for me when I tried them after soi many years without them so I turned them all back off.

They are getting closer. I agree about the physics, except that I think F1 2015 is better than pCARS if we are talking solely about slip angles and connection to the road.

Mod packs for extra grip? :rolleyes:. Well, Forza is still Forza I guess, but I don't mind customizing cars (as leagues can all run on the same spec. What they really need is real pit strategy, more tracks (including ovals) and physics that are geared toward the SIM/wheel racer instead of the controller. Tire wear, in car cockpit adjustments, and fuel usage would be nice too. Oh...and clean up that farce of a tuning model too...it's starting to make F1 look fancy.

No doubt we have been spoiled by pCARS and the best wheel ever released for the console.
It's those very things that have always put me off of the Forza series tbh, just all seems a bit false. But now with the F1 2014 season over I should have a little more spare time to devote to other things so will definitely have a proper look at this. I should finally be able to look at the Formula E car @Robert Waddell and also do that little test you mentioned recently with F5.

I was disappointed to see that the rain that they hyped about is oly going to be available on certain tracks in the new game and not across the board. Also, it's not dynamic.. still, I guess it's a start for them but it's difficult to see anything replacing pCars for me any time soon.

I don't consider these cars only for European tracks, I consider GP3 a European Series that runs on European tracks. Just trying to keep it realistic. We have plenty of time to get to the American tracks with or without open wheelers. But both at some point, will be surely done. All I ask is
1. European Track
2. One we have not been to in either series yet.

It would have been easy to follow the actual series schedule, but those are all familiar tracks. And Silverstone is boring to drive, fun to watch.

If we end up with GT1 cars and GP3 as a main series (or even the F1 Historics, which would allow a great mix if incredible tracks, of which Sonoma is not one. lol) the tables could easily turn, with the open wheelers in the USA and the sports cars in Europe.
We obviously drive a different Silverstone lol

I'll back out of the voting on this one then as the only alternatives would be Monza and I doubt many would fancy that one or Monaco and not having tried that track yet I am not sure how they would be around there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back