Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Catalunya isn't a bad choice, nice and flowing but I would prefer something I haven't raced before, or at least not very often. Catalunya is one we've run every season in F1. Laguna, Watkins, Sonoma and Willow on the other hand are not tracks regularly raced in any series I've been part of.

Last edited:
WOWOWOW!! I love this track... never raced it before but it's right up there for me with the best of them. Reminds me in places of Mount Panorama. So much work needed to keep the car on the grey stuff and at a decent speed. Fantastic :inlove:

What's a decent time around here in these cars.

Well, I had a go of them all this morning and I have to say I'm surprised that you think they really need any assist. I found them more than stable running with no assists. I threw the car around a bit to try to get it out of shape to see how I could recover and it was fine for me, even with no FFB to go by. My only issue was the restricted view but I didn't want to spend time messing around with the camera settings so just drove it as it was and I am sure I could make that a bit better once I do and thats how they have it in the real world so it's cool with me. The GT4 cars are nice too, I like the GInetta but would probably stick with the Aston if I went that route. but I would like to take the LMP1 I think simply because they look so cool and I've never driven them in a series before.

On the GT1X front I found them more difficult off the bat, especially the RUF, I always find that a bit too cumbersome for my liking. I always base my findings on the default setup because that is more often than not where I am in these cars due to not enough time to spend ages setting them up and these cars I felt would need much more time in setup to get them comfortable for me. Very understeery due to the weight I guess. While the LMP1's are pretty much decent out of the box and I could see some good racing in them.

Last edited:
This one is a no brainer for me despite how much I enjoy the GP3 cars. The historic's just have so much character and of course some seriously fun memories for me from my time in Grand Prix Legends. These cars are the closest you will get to that experience and I reckon a series with them is a must do, if not this time certainly some other time.

The 72 is just so iconic and in the game it's a fantastic drive. You can almost feel the history oozing out of it at every turn. Stunning job by SMS.

Of course the Lotus 49 is the actual GPL feature car and it's incredibly well done in this game. I would say that it has much more understeer than I remember and possibly too much grip as it was one of those cars that you could really throw into a corner and drift around but in my brief time with it this morning it seemed to have to much grip for that. But even so it's a beaut.

These cars at the Ring I can tell you were something else!! Can't wait to get it dialed in and take it for a spin there now I have got in to it for the first time :inlove: May not be able to get me out of these historic's now. If only Zaandvoort, Kyalami, Mosport, Rouen, et al were here for us to race on.. looks off into the distance relieving past glories lol

WOWOWOW!! I love this track... never raced it before but it's right up there for me with the best of them. Reminds me in places of Mount Panorama. So much work needed to keep the car on the grey stuff and at a decent speed. Fantastic :inlove:

What's a decent time around here in these cars.

Europe or F1 tracks. We will get to the American tracks next series. GP3 does not go to them, or never has, although similar sort of cars have. But I agree, many great tracks to choose from. Problem is, everyone has a different opinion. So, no Bathurst. lol. Sonoma is a snooze-fest, IMO. Willow though....but that's more suited for an American sedan series. Going twice for Catalunya. Anybody got two votes for elsewhere in Europe or F1 tracks?

Well, I had a go of them all this morning and I have to say I'm surprised that you think they really need any assist. I found them more than stable running with no assists. I threw the car around a bit to try to get it out of shape to see how I could recover and it was fine for me, even with no FFB to go by. My only issue was the restricted view but I didn't want to spend time messing around with the camera settings so just drove it as it was and I am sure I could make that a bit better once I do and that how they have it in the real world so it's cool with me. The GT4 cars are nice too, I like the GInetta but would probably stick with the Aston if I went that route. but I would like to take the LMP1 I think simply because they look so cool and I've never driven them in a series before.

On the GT1X front I found them more difficult off the bat, especially the RUF, I always find that a bit too cumbersome for my liking. I always base my findings on the default setup because that is more often than not where I am in these cars due to not enough time to spend ages setting them up and these cars I felt would need much more time in setup to get them comfortable for me. Very understeery due to the weight I guess. While the LMP1's are pretty much decent out of the box and I could see some good arcing in them.

I'd have to say that I found pretty much the opposite. Maybe it was because I'm used to the Ruf, but I had no problems taking it up to speed at Spa. Oh well, guess that's why we have voting. The LMP1 cars are nice, but I think they would get a bit tedious for me after a couple of races. Not the best car to feel like you are driving in a race, but sure are fast....

We could also drive the GT3 cars without assists no problem, but they have them in real life. Thus, we have them. The GT1 cars don't The GT1X cars should not. Also, the LMPS1 cars, unlike the GT3 cars and other LMP cars, have only TC. They really don't feel much different, except coming out of the corners, then we get to the slider. That's the flexibility. You can dial it up or dial it down according to your preference. We all could.

image.jpg

And this means..........

Watkins Glenn and Laguna both potentially have two or more votes too but I see you are wanting to keep it to Europe... personally I think some of those US tracks would suit these cars really well though so it's a shame to consider them only for sedans.

As I've said I wouldn't particularly fancy Catalunya when there are so many other tracks we don't get to race elsewhere.

If we are talking F1 tracks in Europe then as I mentioned before Silverstone would be good in these cars so with Gus's vote for that it makes two there as well. But again another track that we visit regularly elsewhere. The only other to keep it authentic to the real series would be Monza I guess.

Last edited:
I'd have to say that I found pretty much the opposite. Maybe it was because I'm used to the Ruf, but I had no problems taking it up to speed at Spa. Oh well, guess that's why we have voting. The LMP1 cars are nice, but I think they would get a bit tedious for me after a couple of races. Not the best car to feel like you are driving in a race, but sure are fast....

We could also drive the GT3 cars without assists no problem, but they have them in real life. Thus, we have them. The GT1 cars don't The GT1X cars should not. Also, the LMPS1 cars, unlike the GT3 cars and other LMP cars, have only TC. They really don't feel much different, except coming out of the corners, then we get to the slider. That's the flexibility. You can dial it up or dial it down according to your preference. We all could.
We don't all have them ;) It just goes against what I want from my racing that's all. In the LMP1's I wouldn't dial it down I would dial it off full stop lol. Takes away the fun for me knowing there's something other then my input controlling the car... that's where artificiality comes into it for me but horses for courses I suppose. I simply couldn't see any reason to have it on at all tbh in those LMP1's.

The RUF just felt like a boat lol. I'm sure I could dial it in with time on the setup but that's always whats short for me so I would leave that car alone for now.

Last edited:
Europe or F1 tracks. We will get to the American tracks next series. GP3 does not go to them, or never has, although similar sort of cars have. But I agree, many great tracks to choose from. Problem is, everyone has a different opinion. So, no Bathurst. lol. Sonoma is a snooze-fest, IMO. Willow though....but that's more suited for an American sedan series. Going twice for Catalunya. Anybody got two votes for elsewhere in Europe or F1 tracks?
Think there was some confusion there I was referring to Cadwell Park where we are racing next lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 246 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%