Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

I think you can run the GT1-Xs on the track with the LMP1's. I thought you were going to ban the RWD's as they were fictional and more advantageous to drive.
After watching the race at Miller Motorsports park there is another option...
a Spec RUF series.. Momo GT Cup. eh just a thought. I know how you love the RUF's Robert!

Took a look at the LMP1 class again Michael and you were right in that they are not equal and it's because of assists and KERS. Only two (the ones from 2014) have both KERS and TC as the sole assist. The RWD Fictional has ABS/SC and KERS and the 2011 Audi R18 does not have KERS. So, we have a choice of two.

Good to see you on board Craig. Any particular reason why you don't want the Formula cars? We've been running a GP3 (Formula C) series and its the most fun I've had racing in ages. The cars are fantastic fun to drive.

Your choice of course but just interested in your choice to not run them.

Hey pete, well to be honest i don't feel comftable with the handling to have wheel to wheel racing,mind you this could have changed after the latest patch. I will do some testing today mate,see if i could alter somethings :thumbsup:

Hey, great to see you too Craig. Looks like your man Lewis is on the right path. I'm pulling for him over Nico. You won the F1 league this year, no? :confused: Hopefully pCARS will slow you down. lol.

As far as open wheel goes, like Peter said, our GP3 series is a support series (something Peter and I just whipped up for the weekends we weren't running the GT cars) and the cars are universally loved.

Since IndyCar is not a DLC yet, and we have already run a GT Series as a main series, the Open Wheel will be the feature next Series, but that will probably be nothing more than you are used to, since they will probably alternate weekends, and I think F1 2014 still did this, no? In any case, have a vote on which series you would like to run in either or both categories.

Oh, and did anyone hear a shoe drop? Or was that a pin? :x3:

Hey Robert nice to know your still around , Yea Lewis is doing his thing and unfortunately lost out by 3 points i think but i quit after the USA grand prix due to a 360 situation, Pcars is another level, i have adapted but really want to nail my setups down,ive had alot of fun on this game so far and the online race i had a few days back made me realise the games League potential (Fantastic race)

Yea as i said to pete the handling s abit uncomftable but this could come down to controller settings GP3/F3 cars are better compared to the others have to admit,il do abit of testing today around certain tracks.

As for Indy car,That is something i will be up for, that would be another challenge where i could get a grasp on it and hopefully excel. Look forward to racing with you guys :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob
I would happily go for Silverstone but I know the guys have been there in GT3 (I was on holiday so missed it) so think they were wanting a new track, same thing with Spa. Raupana is a DLC isn't it? Only available in Time Trial for me last time I checked.

Watkins Glenn would do me.. also not averse to Boothys Sonoma suggestion, I was going to mention that one too.

Last edited:
I'll have a look at these cars this week. One thing that I am a bit confused about though is if the assists are what makes them unequal then why not just run them no assists. I do that as a matter of course anyway and we are all big boys so I am sure no assist is not a problem for us surely :whistling:

Funny you mention those. The 98T became sort of a legend in a PLC Hardcore League that Peter and I participated in via F1 2013. He termed it, endearingly, "The Bathtub" and that stuck. It was such a handful, even on the 360. With pCARS, it's even more appealing. As you probably know, it's both maddening and so satisfying at the same time. Such Turbo boost.
Very, very fond memories of that series, such a lot of fun. Just one slight correction.. it was the Williams FW07B that I named the 'Bathtub', slowest car on the grid and with just 4 gears but oh so much fun to drive. Would love to see that and others from the classics in this game :inlove:

The 98T was indeed one of the harder cars to drive fast and consistently in the game, the turbo kick was tough to manage at times but also because of it's lack of gear indicator on the dash. I certainly had some fun in it though.

Ironically I was watching a great program on the iconic Lotus 72 yesterday and this morning :)

Reactions: Rob
give it whirl Peter... I don't have a wheel so I can't really say. I just know those cars are super light and very torque-y. I would rather race, though instead of trying to drive my car out of the gravel every couple of laps or so. I'm just not that confident in the FFB allowing me to save the car when it snaps loose, hell I'm not confident in the wheel even working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%