Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

I think you can run the GT1-Xs on the track with the LMP1's. I thought you were going to ban the RWD's as they were fictional and more advantageous to drive.
After watching the race at Miller Motorsports park there is another option...
a Spec RUF series.. Momo GT Cup. eh just a thought. I know how you love the RUF's Robert!

Thanks. Yea, all possibilities, but I've got to stop the merry go round of options at some point. That's why I had some early discussion with you about some potential Touring cars that would be workable. Your Trans-Am suggestion didn't win out over your GT4 suggestion, so I kept the GT4, but the other car it tied with (LMP1) was also a tin top (technically) so they were combined because they do run together in real life.

I never liked Porsche or Ferrari, but occasionally a car comes along, like the Italia 458 by Ferrari, that is the exception. The Ruf felt like that on line. So, I took the leap, and don't regret it, but the Audi was my first choice. Aston or Beemer would be in real life.

I'm not banning anything. All that is to be decided later. By discussion. But since the LMP1's got four votes, they are on the list. We can work out the details later. The GT4's got three votes, but we don't have the numbers to make a mixed series work, other tan alternating. Open wheel will involve a spec ride, many have expressed wanting to be able to choose from a class of cars in a GT/tin top series. It makes sense to me, since there is brand preference there.

I'm not sure the GT-X1 cars exist in real life, or in real life racing, rather. No car can compete with the LMP1 cars from Europe. Here, the United Sports Car geniuses banned the class when they bought Panos' ALMS. Guess it was too complicated for them.

But we do have a vote. So, we have to move on with the results we have. The GT1 cars were added to at least give a classic GT option (with choice) to an otherwise spec class that is not even run in America anymore, but really getting popular in Europe due to it's cutting edge technology and speed with good manufacturer support. However, the cars are not the best when it comes to getting a handle on them (even with TC) or trying to see out of them. That's not a good mix, lol, but hey, it was popular. I think everyone was watching the WEC race today over there. I know I did.

I must say the shifter looks kinda cheap compared to the tm offering but its also half the price...well if u add to amazons price its 459.99 but shifter is not that high on the priority list .. what kind of plug does Logitech use for Their equipment? Maybe can hold off on the three pedal set from tm if I can find an adaptor for the logitech pedals..knowpeople now using fanatec pedals on their tx but their pedals are almost 300 bucks!

Nick Dawes / Dawesy I / Looks like you're full at the moment but I'll race if there are no shows.

Get my xbox one a week on Tuesday, so will only be available for the last race but will be available for the new series

Man, good to see you. I miss the old F1 crowd, but have been busy over here. There will be another series following the two we have now (GP3 and GT3). Voting is open, so have at it if you plan to run.

Also great to hear you are coming to the xbox! I think you will love it. I have has my best racing experiences on pCARS (especially with the last patch...you are really coming aboard at the right time) and I love the Thrustmaster TX Italia wheel. Could not be happier with the incredible feel of the wheel, mostly, but also the immersion of pCARS. Hopefully there will be some F1 2015 series. I know it's been met with mixed reviews.

As Peter said, plenty of room. Many of the signups are not regular or even sporadic.

Man, good to see you. I miss the old F1 crowd, but have been busy over here. There will be another series following the two we have now (GP3 and GT3). Voting is open, so have at it if you plan to run.

Also great to hear you are coming to the xbox! I think you will love it. I have has my best racing experiences on pCARS (especially with the last patch...you are really coming aboard at the right time) and I love the Thrustmaster TX Italia wheel. Could not be happier with the incredible feel of the wheel, mostly, but also the immersion of pCARS. Hopefully there will be some F1 2015 series. I know it's been met with mixed reviews.

As Peter said, plenty of room. Many of the signups are not regular or even sporadic.
Well it was the end of era tonight, last F1 race of the 360 but I'm not ready to stop racing. Glad to see some familiar names around.

I'm sure I'll love pcars but hope they fix F1 2015, heard it's a good game except the online doesn't work

Hey guys after having played the latest patch i think im ready to take on P.C league racing, will be open to anything except for the Formula cars. Should be great competitive fun with you guys :thumbsup:
Good to see you on board Craig. Any particular reason why you don't want the Formula cars? We've been running a GP3 (Formula C) series and its the most fun I've had racing in ages. The cars are fantastic fun to drive.

Your choice of course but just interested in your choice to not run them.

Reactions: Rob
Well, what ever series pans out I'd like to run some races in America. We've got some great tracks over here and we haven't even touched on them other than our brief test at Willow Springs. The American tracks need some love too.

I don't think its load cell, but progressive springs and not floating on a single axis. As far as the shifter goes, it looks pretty good to me, for an add on. Like something you'd see in a 2014 Mustang. But I've gotten kind of used to paddle shifters anyway. I'd only get the shifter if I had some extra dough and wanted to go old school. But I'm still going to wait and see some Actual Customer reviews. That tells the tale. Being burned twice now by TM, in a ridiculous span of time, I can honestly say their product quality is very low on their priority list. The more Wheels available the better for the customer. If TM wants to stay in the game they are going to have to step up somewhere on the game market.

Hey guys after having played the latest patch i think im ready to take on P.C league racing, will be open to anything except for the Formula cars. Should be great competitive fun with you guys :thumbsup:

Hey, great to see you too Craig. Looks like your man Lewis is on the right path. I'm pulling for him over Nico. You won the F1 league this year, no? :confused: Hopefully pCARS will slow you down. lol.

As far as open wheel goes, like Peter said, our GP3 series is a support series (something Peter and I just whipped up for the weekends we weren't running the GT cars) and the cars are universally loved.

Since IndyCar is not a DLC yet, and we have already run a GT Series as a main series, the Open Wheel will be the feature next Series, but that will probably be nothing more than you are used to, since they will probably alternate weekends, and I think F1 2014 still did this, no? In any case, have a vote on which series you would like to run in either or both categories.

Oh, and did anyone hear a shoe drop? Or was that a pin? :x3:

Well it was the end of era tonight, last F1 race of the 360 but I'm not ready to stop racing. Glad to see some familiar names around.

I'm sure I'll love pcars but hope they fix F1 2015, heard it's a good game except the online doesn't work

Yea, I hear ya. Kind of sad for me too when I had to finish my last Grid Autosport race and dust off the 360 for Netflix and YouTube for my wife.

Nick I completely agree with you about 2015 and Peter and I have been discussing (along with others) how improved the physics and A.I. are and how much potential it really has. You are also coming to xbox at a good time for F1 too, I think, since the last patch fixed a number of the major issues, even though some remain to be ironed out. I always look at the core of a game (sort of like Race Pro) and I think they got that right. Plus the pit engineer is a fantastic addition. You really don't need a HUD, IMO.

To tell you the truth, the One seems much *less* stable online than the 360, because many new games, including pCARS, have online issues, except for Forza5, but we all know why that is. Hopefully these will get better as personal internet speeds improve and Microsoft and the developers get barriers knocked down. This "online all the time" concept sure can be troublesome at times, but I see why they did it.

BTW, I'm going to hold club races in the F1 2015 section at about the same time Sunday as the 360 league every weekend there is a live F1 event (at the same track) until the end of the calendar. Feel free to join. No takers yet, but the first was kind of out of the blue. Hope anyone with F1 2015 can check it out. Maybe it will spark some interest in the same sort of concept for next season. During the off-season, maybe something with the 2014 season in F1 2015 can be scrabbled together. But pCARS is the benchmark now. No question in my mind. A little frustrating at first because it's a whole new shift in the approach and very deep, but once you get it right, oh boy....

Just ran the 78 at Road America..so far its my favorite the turbo is certainly a challenge but the 78 imo is just more fun to drive.

All of them. We would simply pick as many "historic" tracks (too bad they didn't include old Monza and Spa, as they were mapped) as possible (and there are many, including the Green Hell, which, yes, they run, as Railer pointed out to my consternation) and then couple them with a classic car on a rotational basis. I don't think any of these cars had assists, so cockpit only, real assists, standing starts, etc., and a very different, but similar car every race. In a prior league like this with F1 2013, we rotated cars per person per race, but the participation is not steady enough to do that here.

I must say the shifter looks kinda cheap compared to the tm offering but its also half the price...well if u add to amazons price its 459.99 but shifter is not that high on the priority list .. what kind of plug does Logitech use for Their equipment? Maybe can hold off on the three pedal set from tm if I can find an adaptor for the logitech pedals..knowpeople now using fanatec pedals on their tx but their pedals are almost 300 bucks!

It does look kind of cheap. Logitech hasn't proven anything yet, unless they want to lean on 10 year old technology as a reference. Although I'm sure we will have a good idea around October 2016 regarding their reliability.

Eric, I'd personally go with the T3PA add on pedals from Thrustmaster, since they include a simple adjustable conical brake mod, which is simple, but pretty clever at the same time. It has gotten great reviews, including from ISR. It's looks exactly how a brake should feel. Brakes are not just "non-linear" (and we don't know if Logitech will even come close to having decent resistance on a cheap pair of pedals) but are also progressively resistant. That's the hard part. Some advantages place these T3PA add on pedals in a pretty high class, like: Metal internal structure, adjustable spacing setting, adjustable angle setting, accelerator pedal with adjustable height setting, and realistic brake sensations, with ultra-progressive resistance at the end of pedal's travel.

Right now, you can get these pedals for less than $100 and free shipping from many sources, and Amazon users rate them with 4.5 out of 5 stars.

IMO, right now, since you can get the Servo Base as a stand alone from Thrustmaster for about $250 (with each component warranted separately, which is great for extended warranty coverage), the high end pedals for $100, and gorgeous wheel of your choice for $150, that's $500 ($100 more) for a system that is quite the upgrade from any base unit. Just warrant the shite out of it and race on.

Well, what ever series pans out I'd like to run some races in America. We've got some great tracks over here and we haven't even touched on them other than our brief test at Willow Springs. The American tracks need some love too.

Oh I agree completely. I was hoping the tin top series would do that, but if folks are going to gravitate toward LMP1 cars and GT4 cars, it's going to be awkward with either F1 or GP3 as the open wheel European series, but we shall make it happen. Can't ever forget about Willow, Watkins, or Road America. They missed the best one, but I'll give them a pass. lol.

On another note, there are some great unknown road courses over here too..like VIR, Barber, NOLA, Mid-Ohio, Lime Rock, and Utah.

Cadwell Park GP
Saturday, September 5, 2015
British GT - GP3 Series
6pm US EDT, 11pm GMT

1. Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / #5
2. Eric Cline / McNasty0421 / #50
3. Peter Hooper \ Hammerpgh \ #66
4. Gustavo Sobrino / SobritoS / #38
5. Alex Hinton | tha sup3n0va | #__
6. Matthew Booth / Boothy / #__

Rules
Assists: none, cockpit only
Tire Wear = Real
Weather = Overcast (http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/EGXP/2015/9/5/DailyHistory.html?req_city=Louth&req_statename=United Kingdom&reqdb.zip=00000&reqdb.magic=13&reqdb.wmo=03385)
Rules of the Road are the same as in the British GT Championship League
Races are posted in this thread and signups should include a Real Name, Gamertag, and Car #.
All races are sprint races...no mandatory pits stops, no weather changes.
Standing start unless spike lag or wheel issues, then 1st lap is a formation lap.

15 min. Practice
15 min. Qualification
30 minute Race (24 laps)
Real Tire Wear

Last edited:
Can't wait to get involved just wish this next week would fly be!

Here is the next race: Saturday, September 5th - Cadwell Park GP

That is one of the few laser scanned tracks in pCARS. The signup and information page is here (one thread, as this is a support series) and these are GP3 cars before the 2014 spec. If you need any help with setup, wheel, controller, the game layout, strategy, or anything, please don't hesitate to ask. We have all been through seemingly every frustration and elation a game could possibly throw at us, but it has been a rewarding journey and is paying off well, I think most would say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back