Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

I like the 78 and 98

Funny you mention those. The 98T became sort of a legend in a PLC Hardcore League that Peter and I participated in via F1 2013. He termed it, endearingly, "The Bathtub" and that stuck. It was such a handful, even on the 360. With pCARS, it's even more appealing. As you probably know, it's both maddening and so satisfying at the same time. Such Turbo boost.

Imola Results:
1. Gustavo - 12 (F.L.O.R.? & Pole)
2. Peter - 8
3. Railer - 6
4. Robert - 5
5. Eric - 4 (DNF)

Standings after Imola:
1. Gustavo - 36
2. Robert - 27
3. Peter - 26
3. Boothy - 18
5. Eric - 12
6. Railer - 6
7. Hunt - 3

This comes with pCars skins.. Design looks better Logitech has proven reliability. Might actually be worth $399 instead of the fragile TM. I love the pedals too.
http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g920-driving-force

What does that mean exactly? Decals like yours with those teams, or something else like a leather wrap?
It says:
Skins featuring Logitech G and esports teams Cloud 9 and TeamSoloMid.
Car designs are available for: PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

here's what they look like on the wheel. This is how I have my buttons mapped.
IMG_20150829_182214_zps5zuiczan.jpg
Looks cool Mike :thumsbup: What does it say on your d-pad, what do you have the four directions assigned to?

What rim is this btw?
LoL well because Xbox is stupid the two buttons on the bottom left are the same as the switch on the bottom right, so I just had to get creative after mapping. I used the mapping work-a-round to get the buttons I've got.
Yeah it's a shame the manettino switch can't be used for something like fuel mix in F1 or to switch the motec views in pCars, that would be so cool :inlove:

This comes with pCars skins.. Design looks better Logitech has proven reliability. Might actually be worth $399 instead of the fragile TM. I love the pedals too.
http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g920-driving-force
This does look like a really nice solid piece of kit. Of course looks are not everything and the initial reviews and feedback will be interesting to hear. It's going to be about £299 over here so certainly a considered purchase like the TX but good to have some competition in the market soon. Has a release date been announced over there? The Autumn is all I've heard so far so that could be anywhere from September to November.

Pedals look tasty although like Robert I would probably find the clutch getting in the way at first but nice to have the option of it there.

Has a release date been announced over there?

Release Date: 10/31/2015
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...gclid=CJjlkM2a0ccCFQkJaQod-UUHkQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Peter, the following forum from pCARS you may have seen, but you would be interested. Logitech seems to be getting a bit trounced, even from PC users and those with both a TX and the G27 or having used both.

To some extent, it's apples to oranges in the U.S. vs. Europe (warranty 1 vs. 2 years, price about $299 vs. $399, respectively) although you can get the $20 extended 1yr. over here. So for U.S. players, it's more favorable on pure economic statistics. But other go further and cite the TX being newer technology, better ffb, brushless motors, having a wide "ecosystem" and being able to get really nice pedals with the $100 price difference. Plus the fact that you can play now.

On the other hand, the 1000lb. gorilla in the room is reliability. Granted, the TX does not have a good track record there. However, it will take about a year from now to know whether the Logitech has the same issues or the technology really is inferior (one guy mentions an "optical sensor" that the G27 does not have). I guess we shall see. I'm happy personally, as long as I have backup. lol.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?30801-Thrustmaster-TX-vs-Logitech-G920

Looks cool Mike :thumsbup: What does it say on your d-pad, what do you have the four directions assigned to? HUD, Front Brake, R

What rim is this btw?

Yeah it's a shame the manettino switch can't be used for something like fuel mix in F1 or to switch the motec views in pCars, that would be so cool :inlove:
the directional buttons are HUD, F Brake, CAM (cycle camera), and R Brake. Yeah would be nice if Xbox changed their protocol then we could have two more buttons to map. You can map the Select button as I did for my wipers, but you have to leave the Start/Menu's button alone.
As far as the Logitech I've read reviews and haven't heard a negative thing about it. It's in the same price range as the TX and already has better pedals. Brushless motors haven't proven their worth to me yet. That used to be what we used when I did Commercial Refrigeration for Walmarts food cases. And they weren't worth a damn. We would have to replace them every 6 months. They only like the theory of the brushless motors because they supposedly saved electricity. There are G27s that are older than 5 yrs old out there that are still working. I regret buying the Thrustmaster but my choices were limited thanks to MS. I believe the TX is a better wheel than Madcatz but I'm going to read the actual customer reviews when the actual G920's are released to the public. I have to save up a lot if I plan to switch but to me reliability is way more important than just a few minutes of feel.

I think you can run the GT1-Xs on the track with the LMP1's. I thought you were going to ban the RWD's as they were fictional and more advantageous to drive.
After watching the race at Miller Motorsports park there is another option...
a Spec RUF series.. Momo GT Cup. eh just a thought. I know how you love the RUF's Robert!

Wonder why they made the g29 so god awful ugly compared to the g920?? I do like the pedals right off the bat stanless steel construction and all.thats the only thing i really would like to change on my tx not for the clutch but for the better brake and gas pedals.but I really hope it is all its cracked up to be just incase I need to replace mine at sum point at least there will be a choice..the mad catz for me is not an option unless its free.lol

That's a non-linear brake pedal too. Not to mention Logitech sells a beefier progressive spring online for about $13.00 because they know they have customers with different needs, unlike, TM's philosophy "you're gonna take whatever **** we dish out, and like it!" Competition breeds inovation, and only now is there some competition in the wheel market. MS created this mess by only allowing just two companies access to their technology. Prices will come down, and wheel systems will be innovated. Hopefully, it will all be good for the customer instead of just MicroSoft's pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back