Next RD iRacing Club event at SPA with which car?

Hey guys,

With SPA coming out in a few days, was thinking of hosting a club event on this track for fellow RDers next week. If you were to choose what car you'd like to race with on this track what would it be?

After 2 hrs of running laps with the F1 car at Spa, I have to agree with some posts, it will be a very tough race. Still early days though. This track needs a car that is fast with good downforce. Star Mazda, Vette, DP are all good examples. I am up for any car guys except the Jetta(Stingy to buy it only to let it collect dust in the garage) :)

My first initial laps here were with the FW31. But have done more laps with the Vette and its truly a beast running around SPA. I haven't done many laps in the Vette but for those more experienced with it, would you guys happen to have a setup to try out here? :)

I was thinking of hosting a mixed class Vette, DP and Radical. If it wasn't for the limit, I'd add Mustang, V8 and the little mazda. I know not everyone has all the cars, but I think it would make for a very realistic race.

I've done laps with quite a few different cars here. And everyone of them is a blast. Looks like the majority would be interested in driving the Vette around SPA for a club event.

Now I'll ask you guys, if you'd be interested in keeping the same amount of time for the previous club events we've had, staying within or about 30mins. Which at SPA will be around 15ish laps. OR Up the laps a bit to where we have to make a mandatory pitstop? And have the race last 45 mins. Any feedback or opinions on this?

Also attached is a Vette setup that an iRacer shared on the forums.

Attachments

• Spa Q.sto
    1.3 KB · Views: 270
Can someone post what they think are respectable lap times to be shooting foe around Spa in the Corvette?

I'm loving the car, but am lacking confidence in the grip in some corners, so am wondering how far out my meagre lap times currently are, lol.

Can someone post what they think are respectable lap times to be shooting foe around Spa in the Corvette?

I'm loving the car, but am lacking confidence in the grip in some corners, so am wondering how far out my meagre lap times currently are, lol.

Here ya go Daz, this was posted by Dario in the SPA thread to give you an idea what laptimes are being ran here.
http://members.iracing.com/membersit...sionid=2881988

My PB here is a 2.16.4. But tough to be consistent especially for 15 laps which is the race length for the club event.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.1%