PC3 Next Project Cars "200% Better Than PCARS 2"

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS Revolution .jpg

Slightly Mad Studios head man Ian Bell has taken to Twitter recently to praise their new game... claiming it to be "200% better" already than the previous release.

Now going under the name of Project CARS Revolution, the third instalment to the successful Project CARS franchise is already well under development at Slightly Mad Studios HQ - and progress is so far advanced that Ian Bell claims the title is already "at least 200% better" than anything Project CARS 2 had to offer.

Criticised by some and loved by others, the last Project CARS game certainly managed to do plenty right despite its often confused nature, so news that the new title is allegedly so far ahead at this reasonably early stage is indeed positive news - even if Bell himself admitted he can be prone to the odd bout of over optimism in the past..

Ian Bell Tweet.jpg

Despite such solid beginnings, Ian Bell did go on to warn people that a release date will only be confirmed once the studio feel the software is ready to release, so don't expect it to be dropping anytime in the next few weeks.. although some more previews and information will surely start being drip fed by Bell and SMS as the hype train begins ahead of a public release.

Just to clarify - the above image is from PCARS 2..

Keep an eye out in the Project CARS Revolution sub forum here at RaceDepartment as a place to hang out and discuss the upcoming new game.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Yea, I was quite hyped for pCars 1 and was let down, didn't buy pCars 2 until like a year after at 50% off, and it's okay. I'm not gonna hype another SMS game when I know how much they lied during the development of the first game. Also, the failed console must have cost quite a lot if money, so it wouldn't be unlikely that they really overhype this to sell well and cover their loss from the console. Of course I hope that it is as good as they say, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I never cared for PC1 nor PC2 as they didn't get the reviews I was looking for.
Still got my hopes up but once again, I'm going to wait for reviews and maybe dodge a third bullet.

But I gotta give SMS credit for their marketing, they sure know how to handle that part,

Last edited:
PC2 was a pretty good game but in single player I found it lacked any longevity without any custom championships in single player.I would finish a good race & then you just got a flat feeling.The game would also be so much better with custom grids & a rewind feature for endurance races when you get taken out by some rogue AI.

PC2 was a pretty good game but in single player I found it lacked any longevity without any custom championships in single player.I would finish a good race & then you just got a flat feeling.The game would also be so much better with custom grids & a rewind feature for endurance races when you get taken out by some rogue AI.
Just sort out the AI, no need for any Mickey mouse arcade rewinds

Pretty sure he would have been a snake-oil salesman in the wild west.

"Do you suffer from rheumatism? Lumbago? Acute, chronic, sciatic, uh, neurologic, or inflammatory pain? Well, I represent the only company that makes the genuine article that cures, headaches, neuralgia, uh, earache, toothaches, backaches, swellings, sprains, sore chest, swelling of the throats, contracted chords and muscles, anxieties, and ravaged nerves, stiff joints, wrenches, dislocations, cuts and bruises! And, it adds vitality and vigor to the healthy man."
— Dr. Nigel West Dickens, Red Dead Redemption, to a group of gullible country folk.

Screen shot looks as beautiful as the previous versions, although they spent their trust equity a long time ago for me.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.8%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 305 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 436 39.5%