PC3 Next Project Cars "200% Better Than PCARS 2"

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS Revolution .jpg

Slightly Mad Studios head man Ian Bell has taken to Twitter recently to praise their new game... claiming it to be "200% better" already than the previous release.

Now going under the name of Project CARS Revolution, the third instalment to the successful Project CARS franchise is already well under development at Slightly Mad Studios HQ - and progress is so far advanced that Ian Bell claims the title is already "at least 200% better" than anything Project CARS 2 had to offer.

Criticised by some and loved by others, the last Project CARS game certainly managed to do plenty right despite its often confused nature, so news that the new title is allegedly so far ahead at this reasonably early stage is indeed positive news - even if Bell himself admitted he can be prone to the odd bout of over optimism in the past..

Ian Bell Tweet.jpg

Despite such solid beginnings, Ian Bell did go on to warn people that a release date will only be confirmed once the studio feel the software is ready to release, so don't expect it to be dropping anytime in the next few weeks.. although some more previews and information will surely start being drip fed by Bell and SMS as the hype train begins ahead of a public release.

Just to clarify - the above image is from PCARS 2..

Keep an eye out in the Project CARS Revolution sub forum here at RaceDepartment as a place to hang out and discuss the upcoming new game.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
I seriously don't see why the negativity is flowing in so much, because it really is a game that appeals to the general public. Just take the example of DIrt 5, which is supposed to be arcade-like. Same thing with Project CARS 3. From what I've seen, it really lives up to the name of PC series, albeit a bit differently than one might expect.

I seriously don't see why the negativity is flowing in so much, because it really is a game that appeals to the general public. Just take the example of DIrt 5, which is supposed to be arcade-like. Same thing with Project CARS 3. From what I've seen, it really lives up to the name of PC series, albeit a bit differently than one might expect.

Problem is the name. Dirt 4 sucked then they made Dirt Rally 2 and now Dirt 5 is a completely separate entity from Dirt Rally where it focuses more on offroad circuits while Dirt Rally seemed more on the authentic rally. No one really complain about that, and Dirt Rally 2 was handled fairly well in my opinion.

The problem with Pcars 3 is that they went with this direction that gutted almost everything but still uses the same name as if it is a sequel to the other 2 games. If they call it Pcars Revolution, I won't have many issues with the major changes. Still, the car list downright sucks this time with a lot of missing cars but barely anything gets added.

Because if SMS stuck the course and ironed out the kinks AND had the options for the casuals to disable the more simmy stuff (like PC1 +2) then both sides would be happy (well apart from those who hate SMS/Ian).

Because if SMS stuck the course and ironed out the kinks AND had the options for the casuals to disable the more simmy stuff (like PC1 +2) then both sides would be happy (well apart from those who hate SMS/Ian).
Reminds me of the Blimey (SMS) / SimBin days of GTR2 where it had all the features and they slowly but surely gutted their tech of everything that made it a great sim even though they could've just kept building on the tech and gaining sim fans.

Reminds me of the Blimey (SMS) / SimBin days of GTR2 where it had all the features and they slowly but surely gutted their tech of everything that made it a great sim even though they could've just kept building on the tech and gaining sim fans.
Indeed, I had no interest in the Shift series, but when PCARS was announced I got excited again and it showed a lot of promise. It just needed some TLC. Hopefully Reiza will be up to that task now.

(Dirt 1, 2 and even the already quite dudebro 3 were nowhere near as dumb and over the top as anything we've seen so far from Dirt 5. They were arcade-like, but not *this* over the top and pretty fun to play. Dirt 5 just looks dumb as mud, just like their recent Grid attempt did (remember Grid?). Also, Dirt 4 was for the longest time presented as "the spiritual successor of Dirt Rally, except with easier mode available", so if people don't realize Rally is not the main series, CM only have themselves to blame.)

I fail to see how a formerly great arcade-ish series being gradually dumbed down over the years to to reach the current trash state of Dirt 5 with its dumb Sharknado-style "extreme weather" and neon bright aesthetics with overwhelming particle and special effects with a is a good thing and what does it even have to do with Dirt Rally 2.0 (not) being taken away, but OK.

All I can do here is laugh, this series of games had an awful start, a fairly promising middle, and seemingly a very average finish.

II hope Mr Bell is happy in his now likely very rich life ripping old content and trying to sell t on as new. much like CM did with DR2, the most over rated game I have played in a long time.

I would not touch this with a barge pole, I did get Pcars 1 on console and it was woeful I think I played it for about 2 hours before canning it, never to be seen again

There is nothing to save there, inferior car sounds, car reflections in cockpit, rubberbanding AI, no Livetrack. I gave to this game all possible chances despite its cut content (pitstops, garage advisor, no spa/le mans) but that kind of downgrade is not acceptable. even for non sim racing enthusiats. good luck in the future SMS.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back