Next Level V3 motion vs SimXperience stage one motion simulator kit

Hi guys
I’m thinking to go finally motion and I was asking my self which is better the NLV3 or the SimXperience Stage 1 motion kit?
Second question, I have 80/20 aluminum cockpit, is possible to integrate the stage one kit in it?
Thanks

NLRv3 would be easier to integrate and it would be quieter plus it would require less space but I am sure you already know that.

Also it is said that due to the where the force is applied NLRv3 gives more realistic feel.

Upvote 0
My suggestion is to go with SimX SCN5 kit.
NLV3 uses dc motors, instead of linear SCN actuators. Dc motors solutions often suffer two shortcomes: nonlinear and backlash. Even with very little backlash, ~0.5mm you will loss fidelity. Never tried the nlv3, but tried other dc motor solution, which is not even close to compare with simx SCN5 in terms of micro bumps and road surface texture feel. But pretty noisy though.

Edit: I bought SimX seat mover kit in 2012. At that time there were only 3 firms offer seat mover simulator: SimXperience, CXC, and Frex. They all use SCN actuators. Even Before that, and Later on, I think DIY community had started to use dc motor as an alternative choice for cost effectiveness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm looking forward to trying out my NLRv3 which is a great bang for the buck in terms of immersion, but I'm not unrealistic about it's abilities. From the deep dive I did, I got the following:

NLRv3 = small footprint, relatively inexpensive, very good software support of many titles, relatively quiet.
SimX = large footprint, faster, noisier, good software support of driving titles ( not so much for flying titles )
D-Box = medium footprint, extremely quiet, VERY fast Magnetic actuators that double as transducers. ( If you are going to spend thousands on tactile response on top of your motion system, it may make more sense to consider D-Box )

Pricing is basically NLRv3 -> 2x SimX -> 2x D-Box

That's just based on what I've read and watched. I'm a fan of Sim Racing Garage. Barry recently reviewed the NLRv3, had a SimX for years and currently uses a D-Box system.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi guys
I’m thinking to go finally motion and I was asking my self which is better the NLV3 or the SimXperience Stage 1 motion kit?
Second question, I have 80/20 aluminum cockpit, is possible to integrate the stage one kit in it?
Thanks

If you have the space and noise is not an issue, go for the simXperience.
If you need a small footprint and low noise levels are important, go for the NLMv3

If you want the best, forget both, forget D-box and build yourself a SFX100 motionsystem for less than the seat mover option.:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's an interesting point. So you are saying that you could setup a rig with a pivot point say under the pedals and have one actuator at each corner behind your seat. The cool part about that is that later on you could upgrade by adding two more actuators and have what is arguably the best most refined system out there.

Upvote 0
If you have the space and noise is not an issue, go for the simXperience.
If you need a small footprint and low noise levels are important, go for the NLMv3

If you want the best, forget both, forget D-box and build yourself a SFX100 motionsystem for less than the seat mover option.:)
Hi
I think that the SFX100 would be a great option and I have been following that thread from the beginning, but believe me, I don’t have that much time to build it. I work a lot( I work even during the weekends to)and I have a family and I have barely 2-3 racing sessions a week, one hour each.

Upvote 0
Other option would be the the Prosimu T1000 3dof, with 2x SCN6 actuators on front. It is not seat mover. It is 2x d-box style. I have both Prosimu and SimXperience. Both are excellent. But the prosimu uses SimTool SW which is not as good as SimXperience SC4 SW, less detail.
Both are far better than dc gear motor solution. IMO, direct mounting high resolution actuators solution is best for racing sim. Even diy servo actuator, such as SFX100, is probably better than gear motor for sim racing.

Edit: I never tried the SFX100, just guess in this regard by reading the SFX100 thread. I am not a precision mechanical designer either. Cannot comment further on diy actuators.

PS: If you decide go prosimu, go with the cheaper 2x config, not the 4x config one. The 2x is better.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back