Next Level Racing V3 varying in game levels

All, while trying to resolve some high speed wheel oscillation issues in certain games, one of the things that became clear was that depending on the car you drive within a game, the levels of the effects ported to the V3 seat base seem to vary considerably.

As an example, I have been driving the Ferrari 312T4 in Assetto corsa, and the in game seat base effects are present, but not particularly pronounced. However if I then load the Mclaren MP2/22, the seat effects are really strong. In swapping between the two cars I made no adjustments to either the in game settings or in the NLR manager.

With the McLaren, at high speed the car effects create a side to side wobble, which then means that you inadvertently translate that into small wheel inputs - which of course make the wobble more pronounced, increasing the inputs etc to the point where the positive feedback look ends up with the wheel being wrenched from side to side. Obviously by using the setting I can damp it out and attenuate the wheels oscillation, but it doesn't do anything about the seat wobble at high speed. To do that I have to turn the setting down in the NLR manager, meaning I have to constantly adjust every time I change car type. It also means other settings are reduced, unwantedly reducing other effects.

So is there some kind of setup file that I can adjust the actual car setting down to a level where I can get rid of the wobble?

Cheers

Les

Late reply. I got my v3 platform a few weeks ago. In the motion platform software you can clone your profiles and make specific ones for each car. Then you have to click to activate the one for the car you are driving. After I had a couple profiles I felt were really dialed in I adjusted my pedals and wheel position on my rig and the settings I had been using felt insane so I'm going through the process again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back