Next Level Racing V3 reverse installation

Steve Webb

Premium
Hi Guys
Hope you can help I just finished installing a V3 in my sim unfortunately due to the sim design I had to install the unit backwards so braking moves me back acceleration moves me forward left is right right is left etc

Is there a setting to reverse the signals thanks

I've never seen a way to do this.

Personally I would fix the root cause even if that seems like a lot of work, when you think about it for a while, you'll realize it is the right answer.

Why did you feel the need to install it like that? You may need some 8020 material or to fabricate something out of angle aluminum to make it work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mine is not 8020 the original seat mounting plate (where the seat brackets attach to) is welded to the frame
I could use the V3 seat mounting brackets attached to the sim mounting plate but I would be sitting way high The only option is to cut the existing mounting plate (attached to the frame) to allow the springs to fit inside the frame

Attachments

• Sim 1.jpg
    Sim 1.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 299
  • Sim 2.jpg
    Sim 2.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 299
  • Sim 3.jpg
    Sim 3.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 285
  • Sim 4.jpg
    Sim 4.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 282
Upvote 0
I know people have mounted the NLRv3 properly with that frame.

I might be able to help more by next Wednesday. Hopefully you have it resolved then. It does need some ventilation under the unit for the fans to adequately cool the unit.

Upvote 0
So I looked at all my options and finally figured it was going to be major surgery on the rig.
I cut off the top off the Mounting plates that are welded onto the rig frame (that would not allow clearance for the V3 as seen in my previous photos)
On the V3 support plates cut off the 90 degree angle at the bottom of the plate (so they would lay more or less flat against the rig and drilled new holes in the V3 plate and the rig mounting plate and used M8 bolts to attach the V3 plate
Not a perfect scenario but I should be able to pull the V3 plate close enough to the frame to attach the V3

Attachments

• Sim Top Plates.jpg
    Sim Top Plates.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 202
  • Sim Top Plates Gone.jpg
    Sim Top Plates Gone.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 248
  • Sim Side Mount Plates Rear.jpg
    Sim Side Mount Plates Rear.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 254
  • Sim Side Mount Plates Closeup.jpg
    Sim Side Mount Plates Closeup.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 240
  • Sim with Side Mounts 1.jpg
    Sim with Side Mounts 1.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 222
Upvote 0
Having it backwards will definitely affect the COG of the unit once the seat is mounted.

I would not run it this way. Pitch movements will give you grief. Left and right is probably negligible.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back