Next Level Racing V3 Motion

I'm in the UK and mine arrived with the 2 prong European cable too. I just grabbed a cable with the UK plug and it worked just fine. There's isn't anything special about the cable it's a standard kettle style cable.

Upvote 0
unfortunately unit was dead on arrival ... just waiting for customer service to help with replacement ... will update on service for potential buyers as ISRTV said they are "good" ... let's hope as $6000 Cdn investment ... UPDATE: Next Level great service replacement unit is FANTASTIC !!!!!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
unfortunately unit was dead on arrival ... just waiting for customer service to help with replacement ... will update on service for potential buyers as ISRTV said they are "good" ... let's hope as $6000 Cdn investment

Aint nice when a purchase turns up not working, even more so with a big purchase like this. It could be any number of things or even something come loose/damaged internally from shipping. Not necessarily poor QC.

Hope you get a solution and they replace with new item soon.
Keep us posted...

Upvote 0
Sorry to hear that Brian. Mine came with euro plug and I just swapped over the iec lead for one I already had with aussie plug. Hope they get a new one out to you pronto !

Upvote 0
I think the QC is good because from what I understand this is rare ... Because of time difference hope they are sending a functioning unit tonight as I paid $100 to ship defective unit back to dealer today ... Unfortunately my rig is all apart twice ... will keep all updated as this is pretty big investment and I hope Next Level Racing will give Next Level support !!! Cheers

Upvote 0
No paperwork with shipment received at Canada Customs so held up last week in limbo ... very frustrated but have confidence Next Level Racing will set up and get sorted so I can get my Motion V3 soon. $6000 investment !!

Upvote 0
I have this unit and can tell you it's worth the wait. It's a nice piece of kit. Pity you've had troubles. I think they manufacture in Poland so that's why all the Euro plugs are coming. I had one too, and am in Aus.

Upvote 0
I got my unit last week and installed it on a 80/20 rig

heberger une image

It's a pretty cool upgrade. I'm still tuning, but already starting to love it. I have a GS-4 seat on top of the NLMv3, which is a nice combo.

Eventhough the space is thight, i managed to squeeze in a Buttkicker LFE as close as possible to the pivot.

hebergeur image

The software is pretty straight forward and easy to use but it misses the depth of Simcommander.

Still there some handy features, like it remembers your last used profile and the main menu settings (even after a restart)

A simXperience motionseat might be faster and delivers more detail, but you have put it in a shed if you want to race at night.

This unit is super quiet and compact and allowed me to create a motionsystem on my not permanent rig. Nightly races are no issues at all.

Motion combined with VR is pretty awesome. I don't like excessive movements which through you around in the seat. Smaller subtile movements are the key to a good experience.

The GS-4 seat provides the G-forces in the corners and the buttkickers provide the detail. The LFE, just simply kicks my ass when i hit the curb.

Upvote 0
I got my unit last week and installed it on a 80/20 rig

heberger une image

It's a pretty cool upgrade. I'm still tuning, but already starting to love it. I have a GS-4 seat on top of the NLMv3, which is a nice combo.

Eventhough the space is thight, i managed to squeeze in a Buttkicker LFE as close as possible to the pivot.

hebergeur image

The software is pretty straight forward and easy to use but it misses the depth of Simcommander.

Still there some handy features, like it remembers your last used profile and the main menu settings (even after a restart)

A simXperience motionseat might be faster and delivers more detail, but you have put it in a shed if you want to race at night.

This unit is super quiet and compact and allowed me to create a motionsystem on my not permanent rig. Nightly races are no issues at all.

Motion combined with VR is pretty awesome. I don't like excessive movements which through you around in the seat. Smaller subtile movements are the key to a good experience.

The GS-4 seat provides the G-forces in the corners and the buttkickers provide the detail. The LFE, just simply kicks my ass when i hit the curb.

Glad to see you get back into motion, with a solution that meets your needs/workspace and seems to be performing well. My only complaint is not enough photos of that nice installation. :)

Was seat height an issue in the end?

Upvote 0
Guys, care to share your settings you are finding working for you? I have been playing with it for a bit this week, and have tried turning the speed in the drop down box from Auto to Rapid. Maximum Speed slider all the way up, as it is as default, and basically everything else in the main profile set to 1.0 except for bumps which are at around 0.60. Seems to be working well. Not sure how the Rapid movement speed is different from Auto but testing it nonetheless.

I was trying to get the unit to stick to shorter, quicker movements, instead of really tilting the seat in a long sharp turn, as it can tend to do. I feel the Maximum Speed slider does this, when set lower (over more to the center of the slider) but currently I have settled on leaving it fully to the right.

Let the rest of us know what your working with.

BTW the settings I am talking about are available when you clone a profile and go into the Edit section. I think it's the second tab over.

Upvote 0
Glad to see you get back into motion, with a solution that meets your needs/workspace and seems to be performing well. My only complaint is not enough photos of that nice installation. :)

Was seat height an issue in the end?

Yeah, in the end it all worked out perfectly. I had to overcome quit a few problems but managed to get the NLMv3 installed to my liking and still have a "portable rig"

I had to:
- adjust my seating position (sit up more straight)
- adjust the hight of the wheel section (which is not easy if you're a desktop racer)
- build a whole new wider seat frame
- A lot of wiring ( so i can still install everyting with only a couple of plugs)
- adjust the pedal section
- raise the seat even a bit more to make room for my big friend: The LFE :cool:

So yes, height was an issue, but i have overcome it. Don't worry mate, pictures will show up soon, along with some photos of my other cool projects.

Guys, care to share your settings you are finding working for you? I have been playing with it for a bit this week, and have tried turning the speed in the drop down box from Auto to Rapid. Maximum Speed slider all the way up, as it is as default, and basically everything else in the main profile set to 1.0 except for bumps which are at around 0.60. Seems to be working well. Not sure how the Rapid movement speed is different from Auto but testing it nonetheless.

I was trying to get the unit to stick to shorter, quicker movements, instead of really tilting the seat in a long sharp turn, as it can tend to do. I feel the Maximum Speed slider does this, when set lower (over more to the center of the slider) but currently I have settled on leaving it fully to the right.

Let the rest of us know what your working with.

BTW the settings I am talking about are available when you clone a profile and go into the Edit section. I think it's the second tab over.

I haven't tried that yet. Are you certain that the Maximum speed settings are not the same as the overall intensity in the main window?

I prefer faster and shorter movements too and especially don't like excessive left/right movements. The combo GS-4 and motion is magic. I have reduced the roll to the lowest setting and let the GS-4 do it's job in the corners.

Upvote 0
I haven't tried that yet. Are you certain that the Maximum speed settings are not the same as the overall intensity in the main window?

I prefer faster and shorter movements too and especially don't like excessive left/right movements. The combo GS-4 and motion is magic. I have reduced the roll to the lowest setting and let the GS-4 do it's job in the corners.

I have not tested the correlation between those 2 settings, no. I might try that when I get a chance. I think adjusting the roll intensity in the slider may impact WHEN the rig moves, not how much. Like if you are in a not so tight bend, you won't feel anything at all. In that instance, I'd still want to feel the inertia, just not as much tilt on the seat. It's the initial movement and the severity of that movement that I want, not the actual travel of the seat either way. I guess with your seat that is somewhat solved and thus the lower roll intensity would actually make sense. Take away control of the motion and let the seat give you the sensation in the corner instead. With me it's slightly different, I only have simvibe to complement the motion. Still playing with it.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years