Next Level Motion Platform vs. ProSimu T1000

As value goes the ProSimu wins outright. I own the NLM V3 and it's excellent. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, it's a very well engineered and the software is fantanstic. But I wouldn't recommend the Next Level cockpit, it's a cheaply made flexing pile of trash (including the seat). I owned that too before replacing the cockpit with a 80/20 rig from Sim-Lab and swapping the seat. So if you want to enjoy the NLM V3 it deserves to be used on a worthy cockpit which will require working out a DIY mounting solution on your chosen cockpit. The seat width mounting hole spacing on the NLM platform aren't standard either, so that too requires some work to mount a bottom mount seat.

My entire rig evolved over time leading me down this path of the completed build I'm completely happy with today, but if I were to compress the time and cost involved it would be a lot of hassle and a large bill. But that's high-end sim racing, you just don't really know until you've dived in and tried different things.

If I was starting from scratch again, I'd have to say I'd have just opted for a ProSimu solution.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I only can speak for the NLR v3 from my own experience. I just love it. Things you could take into consideration (which I also did before choosing between the available solution on the market).

- Available room space. NLR is only seatmover and needs less space.
- Noise level. NLR is very very quiet. I was told that full motion rigs make a lot of actuators noise.
- Installed base versus 'new to market'. Level of after sales support if needed (hopefully not...)
- local support available? I bought it also locally
- number of updates and support of race titles (or flight sim)
- As you already know but consider if you really want only a seat mover of a full motion rig.
- budget, value for money. Prosimu has a very keen pricing model.
- NLR is fixed and not expandable.
- Does it have good integration with VR headsets?

Hope this helps to make the right decision for you? Whatever you choose motion sim is a great immersive and addictive piece of equipment.

Grtz, Brian

Upvote 0
If sound levels are important in any way, forget the prosimu and go for the NLMv3.

The SCN Acculators make a lot of noise, i have previous owned a simxperience motion rig which uses them to,
The NLMv3 is so quiet, it's hard to believe. I can race a night with the NLMv3 without any problems, which wasn't possible with my previous motion solution.

Also the footprint is very small and it's very easy to install on a 80/20 rig

Upvote 0
Looks great, but why do all those DIY rig have a cheap (G27) on them ? And not a high Direct Drive wheel?

True, its possible to see a lot of that. Maybe their focus or interest is possibly at the time within the "project" for motion. Rather than just buying gear. or cool hardware, that can come or be added later.

To some extents if I count up what I have spent on amps/tactile/isolation and still need to spend for what I want to achieve with it. I could likely of bought a motion rig with all the cool and popular hardware too. Yet the satisfaction and interest as a "hobby" pursuing your own goals or interests can be in the project, as much as it is, in what the project is actually for.

I guess for some of the d.i.y builds, they were very satisfying and at times a challenge or stressful to their owners/builders and possibly as much as the racing itself can be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As value goes the ProSimu wins outright. I own the NLM V3 and it's excellent. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, it's a very well engineered and the software is fantanstic. But I wouldn't recommend the Next Level cockpit, it's a cheaply made flexing pile of trash (including the seat). I owned that too before replacing the cockpit with a 80/20 rig from Sim-Lab and swapping the seat. So if you want to enjoy the NLM V3 it deserves to be used on a worthy cockpit which will require working out a DIY mounting solution on your chosen cockpit. The seat width mounting hole spacing on the NLM platform aren't standard either, so that too requires some work to mount a bottom mount seat.

My entire rig evolved over time leading me down this path of the completed build I'm completely happy with today, but if I were to compress the time and cost involved it would be a lot of hassle and a large bill. But that's high-end sim racing, you just don't really know until you've dived in and tried different things.

If I was starting from scratch again, I'd have to say I'd have just opted for a ProSimu solution.
This is the situation I’m in. I’m looking at an 80/20 rig to replace the Next Level Cockpit. You have any pics of your solution and how you went about mounting the rig to the motion platform and a seat to the platform?

Upvote 0
This is the situation I’m in. I’m looking at an 80/20 rig to replace the Next Level Cockpit. You have any pics of your solution and how you went about mounting the rig to the motion platform and a seat to the platform?

Sure thing!

IMG_20180106_130220.jpg

My mount should be pretty clear in this picture. If you're building the entire rig from scratch you could just narrow the width and mount the NLM to the sides.

IMG_20180106_130220.jpg

IMG_20180108_145411.jpg

You can't really tell from the photo, but there's a 10mm difference on the width between the NLM mounting holes and the seat mounting holes. So it's 5mm out on each side. So I've bridged the gap holes with a couple of lengths of 80/20. I'm using a narrow sports seat, wider seats may have wider hole width distances so this solution will have you covered.

IMG_20180108_145452.jpg

Upvote 0
Sure thing!

View attachment 243091
My mount should be pretty clear in this picture. If you're building the entire rig from scratch you could just narrow the width and mount the NLM to the sides.

View attachment 243091

View attachment 243092
You can't really tell from the photo, but there's a 10mm difference on the width between the NLM mounting holes and the seat mounting holes. So it's 5mm out on each side. So I've bridged the gap holes with a couple of lengths of 80/20. I'm using a narrow sports seat, wider seats may have wider hole width distances so this solution will have you covered.

View attachment 243093
Thanks very much Jeremy. That was going to be my solution for mounting the motion platform to the rig but hadn’t thought about mounting the seat in that way. Very good solution. The extra height of the seat above the platform doesn’t adversely affect the motion?

Upvote 0
Thanks very much Jeremy. That was going to be my solution for mounting the motion platform to the rig but hadn’t thought about mounting the seat in that way. Very good solution. The extra height of the seat above the platform doesn’t adversely affect the motion?

The extra height isn't enough to affect the motion that I've noticed. In reality it's not raised much higher than the stock NL seat and the box tube metal bracket that goes in-between that comes with the seat for attaching the shifter attachment.

I'm using 40mm profile but 30mm profile would work as well and I should have used that in the first place.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey Jeremy, I've decided to up my game and ditch this Next Level cockpit for a P1 (I think, I am looking at the HE one as well). I have built myself a getaway under my house and decided that now as a good a time as any to order a new cockpit and start again. The thought of rebuilding this thing down there is giving me anxiety!

So I just now ordered a GT1 Sim-labs rig and am so excited! Had to convince myself that it was necessary to part with the AUD $2000 for all that I needed but I am sure it's the right decision. Finally a proper home for my load cell brake, V2.5 wheel base and the motion platform. I ordered 6 extra of the mounting brackets so I can mount the V3 like you have in the picture. I am going to see what the seat mount is capable of and if possible I will try and drop the platform a little lower. It may not be possible though even if there is room for it to slip in-between the cross members as you need to fix it to something. I think I will eventually have it like yours.

Upvote 0
Hey Jeremy, I've decided to up my game and ditch this Next Level cockpit for a P1 (I think, I am looking at the HE one as well). I have built myself a getaway under my house and decided that now as a good a time as any to order a new cockpit and start again. The thought of rebuilding this thing down there is giving me anxiety!

So I just now ordered a GT1 Sim-labs rig and am so excited! Had to convince myself that it was necessary to part with the AUD $2000 for all that I needed but I am sure it's the right decision. Finally a proper home for my load cell brake, V2.5 wheel base and the motion platform. I ordered 6 extra of the mounting brackets so I can mount the V3 like you have in the picture. I am going to see what the seat mount is capable of and if possible I will try and drop the platform a little lower. It may not be possible though even if there is room for it to slip in-between the cross members as you need to fix it to something. I think I will eventually have it like yours.

Great plan, you'll immediately appreciate the benefit of the running a 80/20 rig with having everything mounted completely solid. My Sim-Lab rig is a early version of this GT1 model. The latest version has a much improved wheel mount solution. It also looks like those vertical profiles are taller than mine so you may have enough play to raise the wheel rather than worry about lowering the NLM. It's difficult to tell from the pictures on the Sim-Lab website but the platform may just fit within the square where the seat is mounted which will mean the those extra brackets is all your need. At worse you'll just need to source a couple of additional pieces of profile for the modification.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's difficult to tell from the pictures on the Sim-Lab website but the platform may just fit within the square where the seat is mounted which will mean the those extra brackets is all your need. At worse you'll just need to source a couple of additional pieces of profile for the modification.

With my replacement seat on my current rig, I have already drilled out the holes on the V3 top plate to accommodate the slightly narrower pattern. So, in theory, having already done this SHOULD eliminate the need for the additional mount you have between the seat and the top plate on the platform, correct? This already brings the seat lower (more in line with what I have now) but as you say it's all relative as the height of the wheel deck and the fully adjustable pedal mount should account for any height in the platform I am forced to deal with. Higher off the ground but center of gravity to the pivot point and also maintaining distance ratio with all surrounding equipment should give a comparable experience/feeling.

With all the adjustment I am about to receive I can also more than likely remove completely the metal frame that houses the gear shift mount and also the seat slider, all in-between the top plate and the seat. Which, again in theory, should make the mounting of the seat INFINITELY easier and brain swelling should not occur, this time....

So excited. I actually just asked the guys if they could throw in a 1m length of 30mm profile that's been scratched or marked as a little bonus. Hopefully they can!

Upvote 0
I am interested in ProSimu T1000 3DOF. I noticed people say that SCN actuators are loud. Question is, how loud? Is it loud enough that people will hear them working on the other floor of a house? Thanks guys :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back