Next Car Game: New sneak peek released

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
Bugbear Entertainment released a second sneak peek of their upcoming over the top racing title Next Car Game.

The response to their first technology sneak peek was so amazing that the Finnish studios decided to give the players even more cool stuff to have fun with and released a new version of the sneak peek.

Newly added are destructive machinery, more dynamic stuff to blow up, spectacular stunts and an awesome physics cannon that is used to play with the physics engine of NCG.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got too excited when I saw the promo video on steam, it reminded me the great fun I had with "Flat Out".
So I'm thinking to buy the Early access, but I have some questions, to those who played the game:
1. I can enjoy a driving game only by using a wheel! Is NCG playable with a wheel? Is it too arcadish in physics?
@Marcel Pfister I have the CSW too, how is the FF? Is the wheel set up easy?
2. Will I have to pay further for the future updates or at this prise you have access to the final product, later when it will be finished (like Assetto Corsa)?
3. Is this game planned to have an on-line (multi-player) option, later?

Thank you, in advance, I'm looking forward to have some fun with this game as an antidote to AC!

Reactions: Dux
I just bought the early access last night. This is game is so much fun. Played it for a good hour late last night and can't wait to get home from work and give it another go. Tried it with my G27 but didn't really like the way it handled. Probably need a little more tweaking. Tried it out with the Xbox controller and had a blast. The car physics are amazing. The demolition derby was such a laugh and can't wait for multiplayer. Seeing the AI drive about in reverse as their front ends were so badly damaged to avoid being written off was great to see.

Roll on the full game :D

I am using a Fanatec CSR wheel and the FFB is great. Drifts are so easily controlled, along with hand brake J-turns. I was really surprised at how much fine control there is on the dirt tracks. All they need is a - look left, right, and behind option for the POL switch. Gets hard to find that last opponent in the derby's.

I am using a Fanatec CSR wheel and the FFB is great. Drifts are so easily controlled, along with hand brake J-turns. I was really surprised at how much fine control there is on the dirt tracks. All they need is a - look left, right, and behind option for the POL switch. Gets hard to find that last opponent in the derby's.

Out of curiosity what is your rotation set to?

I just realised after playing the game last night I was still set to 900. No wonder it didn't feel right. Is around 240 about right for this game?

Its strangely addictive, the cars seem to handle better on the dirt at the moment over the concrete.
on the dirt you can slide and drift but on the road they seem very sluggish in their turning..
but nothing wrong with the crash physics the way the cars dint.
the Ai are really good in how they attack other cars tapping and pushing your rear end.
Cant wait for this game to get online it will be so much fun with friends as you tap them out or push them in to a wall
just what you need for a bit of fun after a hard week..

But still lots of time to develop and improve..
cant wait for the next update...

I gave a try this game with my CSW (I have set to 900 in the Fanatec wheel control panel).
First try was with 900 degrees on the wheel, but the cars were almost undrivable. When set to 500-550, driving becomes more accurate and precise, but the physics and the FF are not in the level I was hoping to see. For the moment driving is just arcadish. I jumped after this in Assetto Corsa and it was impossible to keep any car in track for 15 - 20 minutes, till I got adapted again... to AC's physics.
The cockpit view is in fact useless, because after the first crash the bended hood won't let you drive (you are going blind...). Look left and right would be an useful add too.
It looks like "Next Car Game" has a big potential to become a super fun game. More cars and tracks (I would like some snow tracks too) better physics but most of all a multiplayer (online) will lift off this game!
I'm looking forward to more content!

I'm loading new update right now...:)

UPDATE 2014-02-15

While we experienced some unfortunate bumps along the way last night, we're proud to let you know that the latest update for Next Car Game is finally online! You should receive the update automatically, but in case your game is not being updated, please log out of Steam and back in to start the update process.

The highlights of the update are the brand new Figure 8 derby race event and the new classic American Sedan car, but in addition to those the update also contains other major new features like new weathers and added upgrade parts. There's also a hefty amount of other improvements and fixes. Please find the complete changelog with release notes below:

Tracks:
  • New Figure 8 derby race event.
  • All race tracks now have a reverse layout as well.
  • Lap and AI counts are now fully customizable for each event.
  • Tarmac track: start area rehauled, tarmac textures reworked, last sector redecorated.
  • Gravel track: textures reworked, track surface visuals updated.
  • New birches for both tarmac and gravel track.
  • General polishing and bug fixing.

Weathers:
  • Three new weathers: bright day, cold morning and warm sunset.
  • A random weather is selected to an event at startup.

Dynamic environment objects:
  • Tire stacks now have more weight to them for added realism.
  • Reduced concrete barrier friction to prevent the car from spinning.

Vehicles & upgrading:
  • New car: American Sedan (no high detail dashboard yet).
  • Steering wheels now rotate in cockpit camera.
  • Texture/model improvements and bug fixes.
  • Increased European hatchback engine power.
  • Reworked European hatchback handling.
  • New engine backfire effect.
  • Improved differential simulation.
  • New gearbox, drivetrain, suspension and brake upgrade parts.
  • New paint jobs for cars to choose from.
  • Driving model improvements.

Driving assists:
  • Assists now have three levels of strength: 'Off', 'Half' and 'Full', with 'Off' and 'Half' being the same as earlier 'Off' and 'On' and 'Full' offering an even more assisted driving experience.

Cameras:
  • New screenshot camera mode with zoom factor and yaw, pitch and roll parameters, designed for taking screenshots with free camera and hidden HUD. In the screenshot mode, it's possible to rotate the camera as well as adjust the field-of-view, and by accessing Effect Mode, you can adjust the Depth-of-Field (DOF) parameters to your liking. There's no dedicated button for taking a screenshot yet, so you need to use an external application or PrintScreen button.
  • Brought back spherical camera from the technology demo, it's available only in camera mode at least for now.
  • Implemented another chase camera further back according to the feedback.
  • Tweaked European hatchback chase camera.

Damage:
  • Fixed engine component damage calculation in HUD.
  • Removed red damage direction indicators from HUD based on a general request.
  • Fixed an issue with gameplay damage not being calculated correctly when near death.
  • Further balancing of gameplay damage and visual damage - a completely reworked system will be introduced in the future.

Garage:
  • Reworked many textures.
  • Added some nice decorative elements.
  • Tweaked interior and yard decoration.
  • Tweaked lighting.

Gameplay:
  • Derby AI: tactical reverse mode now considers engine location more efficiently.
  • Removed speed sensitive steering when using a steering wheel.
  • Implemented further balancing tweaks to AI profiles and handling.
  • Implemented start position randomization (for player as well).

User interface:
  • Binding the Logitech G27 button 7 etc. will no longer result in exiting the settings menu.
  • Loading screen will now show a background based on the event you're playing.
  • Game is now paused and input suspended while Steam overlay is active.

Input:
  • DirectInput gamepads should now work and are also remappable.
  • Improved controller settings to reduce steering lag.

Render:
  • Fixed a bug where VSync was not able to recover back to 60 fps when temporarily dipping to 30 fps.

Audio:
  • Engine damage sound effect is now linked to actual engine damage instead of car health.

Last edited:
Why wait if it looks like something you might like down the road...it is playable now and plenty of fun but still very, very early alpha stage.

I predict once finished (and at this point who knows how long that could be) this would fall under the sim-cade banner of physics and even though it already works well with a wheel this game is really made for chase view with a gamepad IMO.

Graphics are already pretty top notch and only going to get better and better.

Why wait if it looks like something you might like down the road...it is playable now and plenty of fun but still very, very early alpha stage.

I predict once finished (and at this point who knows how long that could be) this would fall under the sim-cade banner of physics and even though it already works well with a wheel this game is really made for chase view with a gamepad IMO.

Graphics are already pretty top notch and only going to get better and better.

I agree, I have this also, you don't buy it for the content right now, that's for sure, you buy it to experience the damage physics and mayhem. its a lot of fun to smash cars to pieces. Graphically it looks pretty good, although the performance needs optimizing but I'm guessing its the crazy physics that's pulling framerates down.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 273 13.4%