Next Car Game: Get Your Demolition Kicks Early

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Next Car Game: Get Your Demolition Kicks Early

Have you ever hoped you could get back to the glorious days of Demolition Derby and FlatOut, climb behind the wheel of your banged-up ride and once again wreck your way to the finish line and show who’s the boss?

You’re not the only one. Over the years, Bugbear have been asked thousands of times when they are going back to their roots and make another racing game that would capture the same spirit of over-the-top action and reckless racing.

For all you crashers out there Bugbear has...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

this will be amazing, flatout series was very good and it probably had the best AI in all of racing games, it looked like it was controlled by a human and not computer, this will be instant buy for me

It sounds like a good idea and the preorder prices are fair. Yet I would be worried it ends up using Steam, which I hate... maybe they could clarify a little on DRM/Delivery Method.

Wow I am so pumped for this game. The crash junkie in me hasn't been fulfilled in many many years. Modern racing sims are a joke as far as damage modeling and crash physics go. So this is easily a day one purchase for me no matter what the reviews say. I just wish hardcore modern circuit racing sims could implement this kind of crash physics and damage modeling. But car manufacturers would never allow their precious cars to be torn to pieces in a videogame. So this "casual" racing game with fictional cars is the best we can hope for. Which looks like it'll be great fun but it still sucks that car manufacturers are such a buzzkill to the industry...

Preordered. Licenses really doesn´t matter here. I think it´s really cool I hope we don´t get licensed cars or anything. Would be nice if we could model our own cars somewhat more then just the paint jobs :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 110 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.9%