Next American Truck Simulator Map Expansion Teased

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
ATS Map Expansion Preview 4.jpg

SCS Software have shown some teaser images from the next, as yet unannounced, map expansion for American Truck Simulator.

Usually SCS Software start to share images and anecdotes from upcoming map expansion DLC packs when development has reached an advanced stage, and judging from the quality of the screenshots attached to this article, the latest pack looks to be no exception.

ATS Map Expansion Preview 8.jpg

Breaking from tradition for these reveal images, SCS have this time decided to hold back on naming the region in which they are planning to add to the American Truck Simulator title, instead showcasing some images of the new expansion and leaving the guessing game to the community - your challenge has been set!

Good news for ATS fans, this does indeed look like an attractive new area for the very popular game - I'm looking forward to finding out more in due course... are you?

American Truck Simulator and European Truck Simulator 2 are available to purchase for PC right now.

ATS Map Expansion Preview 1.jpg ATS Map Expansion Preview 2.jpg ATS Map Expansion Preview 3.jpg ATS Map Expansion Preview 5.jpg ATS Map Expansion Preview 6.jpg ATS Map Expansion Preview 7.jpg

Like to go big rigging across the highways of the USA? Fancy sharing your experiences with your fellow community members and taking in all the latest news regarding both games? Well join up with our European Truck Sim 2 and American Truck Sim sub forums to get involved with the community today!

Love what we do at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
I wonder if they would release more than 1 state at a time? That's gotta be Washington, but seems like Idaho could be an add-on. Not much there in the way of cities. And they already made the "Welcome to Idaho" sign. :p
Anyway, more dirt roads is appealing to me.
Yeah, you can already dip into Idaho near Ontario, OR. That's quite cool.

I can see SCS releasing smaller and/or sparsely populated states in packs of two in the future, although states adjacent to the game map like Colorado, Utah and Texas are large enough to be released solo.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%