News about WTCC 2014

If you have informations concerning WTCC pack 2014,don't hesitate to post messages here....

32967190a.jpg

68989924b.jpg

https://twitter.com/chardon_jf/status/558915646507851777/photo/1

I thought they said they wouldn't have enough of the new tracks done to make it a full Experience?
Depends if an 'Experience' must feature a full championship's worth of content. ADAC GT Experience is missing a fair chunk of the grid due to the omission of Porsche and Lamborghini. WTCC Experience will maybe miss a few tracks? Just guessing.

From what we know of the WIP tracks yet to come, only three from the 2014 season are missing (I think?).

Regarding what makes a full Experience - True, but we've seen no mention of Marrakech, Termas de Rio Hondo or Goldenport circuits as being WIP. Perhaps S3 have a surprise for us but my feeling is we won't get a full 'experience' in the short term, if at all.

For me "Experience" is more about rules than content.
Of course it's better if it's come with all tracks (and cars) of a regular season, but an Experience can be see as a set of rules for the series: DRS, mandatory pitstop, tires, weight penalty, etc ..
I think it's easier to implement in EXperience than everything in Raceroom.

Why only five circuits? The following circuits should be available by the time WTCC 2014 is released:
  • Circuit Paul Ricard
  • Hungaroring
  • Slovakiaring
  • Salzburgring
  • Moscow Raceway
  • Spa-Francorchamps
  • Shanghai
  • Suzuka
  • Macau

It was probably easier for Sector3 to deliver DTM and ADAC GT Masters as 'full' experiences because those series are only 7/8 venue championships, and with both being German series, the circuits used are very similar.

The WTCC is a bigger series with 12 venues, only 4 of which are already present in R3E. So S3 have built 5 more but perhaps it was always too much to expect them to create the full calendar with a studio that has been in transition and on limited resources?

Also another possible factor is the WTCC calendar is very fluid with many changes most seasons. For instance, WTCC 2015 will only use six circuits from the 2014 calendar. It's always going to be tough for a small team to create all those missing circuits.

For me "Experience" is more about rules than content.
Of course it's better if it's come with all tracks (and cars) of a regular season, but an Experience can be see as a set of rules for the series: DRS, mandatory pitstop, tires, weight penalty, etc ..
I think it's easier to implement in EXperience than everything in Raceroom.

We have to play by S3's rules/definitions and they've said an Experience is a full schedule of tracks as well as the rules package. Personally, I prefer it this way. You should be experiencing what it's like to race in that series for a season, including all the locations and rules (and preferably most of the cars, though they aren't as critical). Otherwise it's just a random race session. As for a set of rules, those things could just be set as options in R3E Regular for us to activate as we choose (some of them already are), but that would not make for a complete Experience.

I'm happy with the custom seasons feature and being able to make my own schedule, I'm a preferrer of an all-inclusive R3E base to separate experiences to be honest.

Agree with James above about the ever changing circuit rota of WTCC. I guess Rio Hondo and Marrakech could be future targets after the current impressive looking list is completed, but a universally hated circuit such as Goldenport would hardly seem worth it I'd suggest (although I wouldn't complain!).

When I saw the release of the WTCC 2015 schedule, with another 4 new circuits on top of the Nurburgring, I was feeling plenty of sympathy to S3!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back