Newly purchased "virgin" rFactor, advice needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased rFactor yesterday, so fun can begin there as well.

Can some experienced rFactor user advice me with some basic game settings, not to run through on the painful and long learning process to get everything right? What important game settings i have to take care of? (like speed sensitive steering, camera look, i donno, any useful advice i would appreciate which i need to take care in this game, also practical button setting, like speed limiter neeeds to be mapped, because it is default switched on from pit, etc etc etc....)

Also which mods would you recommend to install?
I downloaded already the FSONE mod, what else is a must here?

Thanks in advance: a nOOb rFactor user.... :)

I don't use a steering wheel so didn't change any of the FFB/axis settings.
I just remapped gear shift up/down, pitlane speed limiter and request pits buttons as the absolute essentials. sorry can't help you with detailed steering settings - I just use defaults but if there's anything else you need help with in rFactor I'll be glad to help, as I'm sure the rest of the RPM-ers will be =)

edit: I found this discussion on rscnet, hope it helps: http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=246978

yepp, just tried it, i am f..ing loving the sounds of the FSOne mod cars!!!!!

but honestly i could not make so far a single lap without a spin with them, ok i have just auto clutch switched on... :)

but i also started as a first lap in RACE at Monza with a 2:16, so there is still hope... looooool

I have just default things, only mod i installed is the FSOne, but as i saw there are much more to get, like V8-s etc, just needs some time to get them, because of my very fast net... so maybe would be good for me to harmonize which one we will use, not to download things for valuable time which i will not use...

TheStig[RPM said:
]What tracks did you install already? And did you read somewhere how to put rfactor on our server? I want to go online a.s.a.p. :)

lol going online with rFactor is nothing to be afraid of! I'm surprised you haven't done it already. It's very popular online and you're guaranteed to find someone to race with, even if it's not one of the RPM-ers

I orderd it today on the net and got my registration by mail. Installed FSOne and the trackpacks. Tried without anything but auto clutch and this is like driving cars running on steroids. Beeing able to spot a break point seems almost impossible at the speed these cars are generating.
This will require a fair amount of practise.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 271 27.4%