Newly bought Logitech G923 with no FFB in-game!

Hello

So this is it. My G27 gave up this afternoon. Tried disassambling every part, putting together again , and then enourmous FFB in AC, but then half died with faults :( Think its the wheel motor or maybe rather some loose connection since in 'idle' it has fine resistance.

G923 was on my to-do list so ordered one right away and just within closing hours of the webshop pickup and home starting installing on Windows 10 Home 64 bit latest build.
Installed both Logitech Gaming Software and tried Logitech G Hub, but it couldn't initialize since it couldn't identify my device.
Then googling some solution and found one for Forza (I'm not driving Forza myself) with vJoy Config and Forza EMU Wheel Configurator.
Pressing 'Save' and suddenly Windows 10 identified my USB gaming device, so now I could install Logitech G Hub
Device manager identified HID device as 'Logitech G HUB G923 Racing Wheel for XBox and PC (USB)'

So far, so good.

Then trying to use Logitech Gaming Software where I could start an applet for Assetto Corsa - but couldn't start the game from there in the same manner as I could with Logitech Profiler 5.10 for my G27 device.
So I started up AC (via Steam) and configured buttons and calibration for my G923.

Still good.

But when driving out - almost NO FBB! Less than 2% compared to my G27! Increasing FFB values in the configuration menu didn't help at all.

Same things happened in rF2...and AMS2...GTR2...rFactor...WTCC...exactly the same. 2% FFB!

Restarting my Windows, the G923 has perfectly normal 900 degree both-way response as normal.

And when 'idle' (i.e. no game) you definately feel resistance on the wheel at nearly same level as my G27.

Anyone with a solution?? :(

Edit: Moreover - the wheel came without an H-shifter, but my old G27 H-shifter works fine with my G923 - except that none of the several buttons on my shifter can be mapped. Just the gears :( Again extremely dissapointing - anyone knows a tweak tool for this?

Last edited:
Sorry for the confusion if a new quite similar OP enters this board (thought my first one this night was dismissed, since I coudn't find it in my own prifile content).

So I think this OP got a bit messy (late night and tons of negative feelings) - so for the sake of clarity I will summarize,

All Steam-related content, i.e. s AC, rF2, AMS2, ACC, PC2, R3E: Virtually NO in-game FFB-strength, at max 2-5% in-game strength compared to my old G27.
iRacing: more or less the same. For both parts it though appears like the wheel reflects on everything and is very noisy - just no strength at all.
Older content like GTR2 and to some extend rFactor: some FFB-strength, but less than 50% compared to my G27, and the wheel doesn't even reflect on curbs (which my G27 surely did for older games as well)

With my G27 I used Logitech Profiler (ver. 5.10 and older) with purpose to overtake FFB-strength control over games when problems there.
Now with G923 i have to use the newest Logitech Gaming Software (ver. 9.02.65) and Logitech G-Hub software, since my G923 is recognized only as HID-device and not an USB-device, hence my old Logitech Profiler software cannot detect my new G923.
Before that , my Logitech Profiler 5.10 could easily detect and work with several different Logitech devices at same installation.

Logitech G-Hub software calibrates fine with OK FFB strength - but as written in-game it feels FFB-strength is disabled.

My OS: Windows 10 Home 64 bit version 1909 (Build 18363.1256)

So what do I do here?

This is what I've tried now after an unsuccessful mingling with vJoy Config and Forza EMU Wheel Configurator:

1. Uninstalling all my simgames, as well manually deleting related content and file path in the Steam Content-folder.
2. Uninstalling all kind of Logitech software
3. Deleted everything related in Windows AppData path
4. Deleted everything in the Windows Registry related to Logitech and games.
5. Then a PC restart and then
6. installation of Logitech Gaming Software
7. New PC restart
8. Connecting my G923 to another USB 3.1 port
9. installing the Logitech G-Hub

So far, so good - FFB strength works great in G-Hub!

BUT then I start up games, nomatter if it's my Steam-games (rF2, AC, ACC, AMS2, R3E, BeamNG, WRC8, Copa Petrobras de Marcas) or outside my Steam account (iRacing, rFactor, GTR2, rFactor, GTL, WTCC) and driving out, the FFB-strength is more or less gone.
This goes for all my newer sim games, i.e. from AC and onwards.
Older games as I stated has a bit FFB-strength, but doesn't reflect on e.g. curbs or tarmac.
If I disable FFB-strength in e.g. GTR2, the wheel reacts on curbs, tarmac, walls and track surface and my G923 wheel is very noisy, but every FFB-strength is pure gone!

10. I have tried to max out FFB strength in-game, but it does not help!
11: In Logitech G-Hub I have tried both enabling and disabling 'Apply settings from game', a global profile and dedicated profiles for each game.

Apparently my G923 has the promised 2.2Nm, turning the wheel outside games, but in-game driving out it's just gone, or almost gone.

Should there be similar opportunities for either G-Hub or Logitech Gaming Software to take over the FFB strength over my games, like my Logitech Profiler 5.10 did very well? I was thinking of that as a solution. But ofcourse I prefer to control the FFB-setup within my cames.

Moreover, GTR2 is not exactly for 900° wheels. And the G923 Game Controller (via Windows Control Panel -> Devices & Printers) have no settings for degrees of rotation in plain numbers - just for very rough calibration where you have luck hitting the right rotation width. For my old G27 Controller Settings in Windows I had numbers to rely on.

This is really messy.

Any help would be much appreciated since my new G923 is a simracing show stopper for me right now :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OK, enought was enough, even with two kind supporers from Logitech support, and ofcourse vacuuming the Internet for solutions.
Maybe it was due to the XBox/PC version and not the PS3/4/PC-version, but converting the Logitech G-Hub to proper in-game FFB I had only luck in one single older simgame Copa Petrobras de Marcas, but not exactly same FFB-strength as my G27.
Or maybe i just received a 'monday model'

But however, I got tired of Logitechs G-Hub approach.

So returned the device and came back with a Thrustmaster T300RS GT and TH8A-shifter and it really was just plug & play right from the gun and exceptional FFB-effects (just except for GTR2 with fine FFB-strength but no reaction to curbs, walls, etc, but think its down to altering values in the *PLR file - all my other sims works just excellent).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%