newer build = slower lap times

somebody please tell me the 1.0 build results in slower laptimes than older builds.
Well to be more specific, almost 12 months ago I could lap Silverstone GP in 1.40.2xx in the Fiat 500 using semislicks. I haven't played the game in ages so either im a lot slower 12 months on, my new TV's lag isn't as good as my older screen or the game physics have changed resulting in slower lap times.? if the latter is true then doesn't that make the RSR live laptime app's lap times useless ?

Yes, the devs changed the tyre model again.
Tyres now give less lateral acceleration and/or their friction coefficient was lowered altogether. Drive a combo you know well and have a previous lap time from the RC recorded in the ingame telemetry. Drive a lap now and compare the speed delta mid corner.

Edit:
after 8h driving today: tyres are now much more sensitive to pressure, camber & slip angle. You need to get the pressure right within +/- 1 psi. More camber all around helped to negate the loss of lateral grip. The toe settings now have even more influence in handling. Clockwise / anti-clockwise tracks will induce asymmetrical pressure.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 130 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 70 7.0%
  • < 5 years