Newbie server

Hi,

The last couple of days ive raced online with Race 07 the mini cup on Zandvoort. Ive noticed the big difference between AI and people. When making mistakes*, i read quickshortcuts like: "idiot", ******* and so forth. Is there a server where newbies can learn how to drive online without getting messages like this?

*In the second corner: "gerlachcorner" i made the mistake to cut it to far so i touched the inside curb (wanted to be to fast). I was drifting in heavy oversteer cause i tried to correct my drift. At that moment somebody crashed into me and hell broke loose... If that is the online way than there is no fun for me.

Hi,

The last couple of days ive raced online with Race 07 the mini cup on Zandvoort. Ive noticed the big difference between AI and people. When making mistakes*, i read quickshortcuts like: "idiot", ******* and so forth. Is there a server where newbies can learn how to drive online without getting messages like this?

*In the second corner: "gerlachcorner" i made the mistake to cut it to far so i touched the inside curb (wanted to be to fast). I was drifting in heavy oversteer cause i tried to correct my drift. At that moment somebody crashed into me and hell broke loose... If that is the online way than there is no fun for me.

Polar - Unfortunately, that's the public server way, although they are not all like that. My only suggestion is get a free RD license and join the Euro and US events that run throughout the week. We were all newbies on the RD server at some point!

You'll be guaranteed great challenging racing and help to improve rather than abuse when you make a simple mistake like that.

Polar - Unfortunately, that's the public server way, although they are not all like that. My only suggestion is get a free RD license and join the Euro and US events that run throughout the week. We were all newbies on the RD server at some point!

You'll be guaranteed great challenging racing and help to improve rather than abuse when you make a simple mistake like that.

Thanks for the answer! Ive red the online tips on this forum. Ive noticed that im much more tense when driving online than against AI (even when i set it very high). Half the pack is faster than me so they are close on my bumper. It allmost feels like a blue flag situation so i let them pass to avoid collisions and angry emotions. I have allready applied for the free lisence. I hope i get one cause i want to race with serious people.

Thanks for the answer! Ive red the online tips on this forum. Ive noticed that im much more tense when driving online than against AI (even when i set it very high). Half the pack is faster than me so they are close on my bumper. It allmost feels like a blue flag situation so i let them pass to avoid collisions and angry emotions. I have allready applied for the free lisence. I hope i get one cause i want to race with serious people.

Yeah public servers can be annoying places sometimes, the best place to be is here, all drivers range in abilities so you will definitely find someone you can have a close battle with, and not expect abuse if it goes wrong. Since I started doing online races I have gotten faster and faster and gained about 3-5 seconds a lap from when I started. Not only that, I learned how to pass somebody cleanly and made a lot of friends in the progress, I hope you can do the same :)

Yeah public servers can be annoying places sometimes, the best place to be is here, all drivers range in abilities so you will definitely find someone you can have a close battle with, and not expect abuse if it goes wrong. Since I started doing online races I have gotten faster and faster and gained about 3-5 seconds a lap from when I started. Not only that, I learned how to pass somebody cleanly and made a lot of friends in the progress, I hope you can do the same :)

Hi, well....tadaaa...ive got my free license! Im very happy with it. Thanks big time for that!!
I wonder if there are servers where you can practise tracks online on RD servers. Just only practise. So other people come online and can help you with ideal racing lines, setups ect. It would be nice to learn how to clean overtake without being i a race.

We used to have a Friendly Development Series that allowed people to get on a server with an instructor and learn how to race closely and cleanly... I don't know what happened to that. Attendance issues maybe?

In the meantime, feel free to drop in on any RD server currently up. Event threads usually have a post in them telling people when the server is up, so just get online any time you like and there's a chance that there'll be someone practicing on the server who you can learn from. :good:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back