Newbie in 2018, start with simracing

Hello,

im new here and at the beginning i wanna apology for my english ;/

i wanna start my adventure with simracing, but i dont wanna spend xxx $$ for thinking like TM t300 PRO(i have money for it, but im not 100% sure its right thing to spend money for). at start i just wanna see (for 2-3 months) whether it is for me.

because i live in Poland and aftermarket here is dead imo. i have 2 types.

- Logitech Driving Force GT (around 85 USD)
- Thrustmaster T150 (around 180 USD)

the main question is. Is DFGT is still worth bothering in 2018? and Rim to Rim (coz i read and pedals in both are rubbish) its worth spending almost twice just to see is Simrace for me?

I was trying to find similar thread but i couldnt.

Thanks for answers Maks ;)

DFGT is fine to start, I started with one of those, then moved onto a G25 which was kindly donated to me, then onto a T500RS, pedals and shifter complete with a spare rim and a GT Omega Pro wheel stand for £100 off a neighbour :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
DFGT is fine to start, I started with one of those, then moved onto a G25 which was kindly donated to me, then onto a T500RS, pedals and shifter complete with a spare rim and a GT Omega Pro wheel stand for £100 off a neighbour :thumbsup:
my friend have g25, but he lives 500km away. and he will change wheel soon thats why im looking for cheep tester wheel.

Upvote 0
The DFGT is still the cheapest wheel worth getting. It's a little rough and noisy, only has 2 mediocre pedals, and a sequential shifter, but it has decent FFB and is still the cheapest way to find out if you like sim racing if you're really on the fence.

That said, I started out with a Logitech G29 + Shifter, and I'm glad I did. For me, the clutch and shifter are key elements that greatly increase my immersion and enjoyment. I likely would not have liked sim racing as much without them.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing