Newbie, how does the racing work here?

Hi all,

I am new here and also pretty new to simracing. I could not find anything here describing how you race together. Only events on special dates? Can everybody join?
Can also beginners join? (I am far away from the top rounds i saw here and somewhere else, e.g. Brands Hatch with a Seat I just managed a 1:37.400).

Sorry in case I oversaw something and am asking ridiculous questions!

Regards

Hi m8,

First of all welcome to our community, hope you will enjoy our company and races together. :) Speed is not the most important factor to have really memorable race nights here, what is much more important is to have a friendly attitude and respect towards others on the race tracks, if you have this sure you will find this place suitable for you. :)

Basically to race here with us there are 2 ways:

1. Racing Club: passworded organized races for Club members in Race 07, GTR 2, GTL, ARCA and rFactor. To join the Club you can put your application here:
Applications - RaceDepartment Forums

After approval you will gain special forum rights where you will be able to post in the Racing Club forum part, and also the password for the servers will be visible for you

2. Leagues:you can join any of our Leagues freely, you do not need to be Club member for it. We are running currently 2 Leagues, Race 07 WTCC League (huge entries over 350 together) and GTR 2 Gillet Vertigo cup (smaller size League with around 50 entries). We are using GPCOS for the Leauge management system, if you want to participate in them you need to register yourself there, also the League server password you will find in GPCOS. You can read more about them in here:

Race 07 WTCC
World Touring Car Championship - RaceDepartment Forums

GTR 2 Gillet Vertigo
Gillet Vertigo Cup - RaceDepartment Forums

GPCOS:
gpcos.racedepartment.com

Cheers: Atti

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years