Newbie help with downloaded cars

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by reidar solhaug, Jul 9, 2018.

1. reidar solhaug

reidar solhaug

Ratings:
    +2
    I`m a long time gamer but new to AC. Just bought the game, and my focus is on older moore or less classical cars. Have downloaded a few, some works fine but others won`t even load. And some loads up fine but will not move off the grid, like the 1965 Jaguar E-type and the Mercedes Benz 300SL Gullwing.
    Tryed to strengten the clutch but that was not the problem, checked the drivertrain, enegines++ but I`m running out of ideas. Heelp..

Been a long time since I made veh-files for SCGT btw, looking forward to some good racing here

2. jlnprssnr

jlnprssnr
    Premium

Ratings:
    +126
    Install Content Manager and use it to scan the mod. But, it's a shame to drive broken cars like that in a simulator this advanced instead of all the high quality content available

3. AccAkut

AccAkut
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,643
    the AI has been changed a lot over the years, you can try opening the AI app while driving the car yourself in Hot Lap mode (Practice does not work) and change the variables in there. But in general I assume you got these cars from a source that did do them bad from the start (copied physics mostly) and did no maintenance when patches required it

4. reidar solhaug

reidar solhaug

Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks jinprssnr, I have allready downloaded the Content Manager, will try it out.

Yeah, those homemade cars are mostly a ghraphic vision of the actual cars with some unspecified "car-physics" added. I`m used to that from games like GTR/GTL. But modifying and fine-tuning vehicle-physics is my passion so I think most of those homemade oldtimers will run great later on.

5. reidar solhaug

reidar solhaug

Ratings:
    +2
    AccAkut; thanks for the tip, will try it out. About sources; while looking for dlc-cars I`m trying to use only the well-known race-sim sites. The Jaguar & the Mercedes was found here:

http://rgnnr8.wixsite.com/modbase/blank-s0jrm

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.