PC2 Newb looking for a mentor

I just recently started playing more now that I have a monitor for my racing rig instead of just a vive. I see most people playing GT3 and every time I do, I spin out. I'm not good with the engineering part of racing, but I can drive. I do well in the Ginetta rookie cars though, but in the faster cars I always spin out in a turn, the car has way too much oversteer and I try to fix it but still spins out.

I'd be very grateful if someone good on here could teach me/train me on how to become a great driver. Thanks, guys.

Steam name is I'm Pickle Riiick! Name is Jason from Mississippi

I'd love to help ya out mate but most my racing is done at 2am mt which would be approx. 4am. Your time if i am correct?

Your best is to post on the SMS forms as I am sure there will be many willing to help you out there.
There's not much of a fan base at Race Department for this title and the majority of driver training is done in AC.

Feel free to add me on steam, if I see ya on id be glad to run some sessions with ya and pass on any tips I have.
Steam id: [DTR] David Slute

Cheers

There are a number of factors that may be the culprit. I would hazard to say that the number one factor for you is that you are braking too late and hammering down on the gears but you have your engine braking set to high. This will cause the rears to lock momentarily thus causing the slide. Kinda like using your handbrake to initiate a turn.

Another problem I ran into when I first started was my corner exit. Say you enter the corner fine, no lock-up due to engine braking, and then you try to exit and spin. I found out I was doing a couple of things wrong:
1. I did not have the steering wheel, thus the front tires, oriented in the direction I wanted to go. I had to train myself to ensure I was pointed in the right direction before I mashed the go-pedal. Once I started steering out the corner my spins decreased immensely.
2. You may be getting on the gas to fast. Make sure you have your wheels pointed in the right direction before you mash the gas (see the connection?). In some cars you have to be a little gentle as you come out of the corner or the power going to the rears will cause acceleration oversteer.

To be honest, you should describe your problems a bit better: What corners, or is it all corners? What car? What have you tried that seems to help? etc...

Well my problem greatly decreased going from the Ginetta GT3 to the Renault GT3. The Renault handled a lot better so I do believe it's not just me, it's the car as well. I mostly spin on cold tires, and I have to remind myself not to push the car on the first lap, once tires are warmed up I may spin out once every few laps.

Not the same case with the Ginetta GT3, tires could be hot as hell and still spin like it was nothing. It's mostly on the fast corners. The slow 2nd gear corners I seem to do fine, but coming around in 3rd or 4th the tires just slip from the back and there I go.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 235 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 176 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 297 13.4%