New Xfinity Cars Coming to iRacing This September

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
iRacing have confirmed three new cars for the NASCAR Xfinity Series will be coming to the simulation next month.

Yes, three new vehicles for the second tier NASCAR series are set to be added to iRacing during the month of September, bringing the NASCAR Xfinity Series Ford Mustang, Toyota Supra, and Chevrolet Camaro to the category.

As usual, all cars will retail for around $11.95. However, players who purchased the previous version of the cars within a two year timeframe from release of these 2019 models will get the cars for free, with anyone who purchased the cars over two years ago will receive $5 in iRacing credits.

Also, from release of the new models the previous version of the Xfinity cars become part of the free base game offering.

Stay up to date with the latest news, check out the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 205301

....So true....
I'll get them btw, like every stuff, but that's a funny fact :)
@++

How cool is that !
I actually want to buy myself iRacing only to play Nascar now !
It might be worth it, I'm currently on my yearly "see what iRacing's been up to" kick - the oval action is a ton of fun. Oval setups are an absolute mystery to me, so I stick to the fixed series and focus on the fun (and have gotten some ok-to-good results in the process).

It's hard to believe that even relatively high license holders can't get this through their heads, but oval racing - even the shorter races - is all about having an absolute feather touch feel for the go pedal. You race in some of these drop in fixed races and half the field clearly doesn't have their sim chops firmly under them yet and a good portion of the other half has got a brick laying on their accelerator. Massive spin a full turn ahead? Keep in pinned, you'll probably end your race, but you might garner a miracle finish! Also, pacing yourself is for wimps, too. I can't tell you how many guys who walk away from me in the opening laps I end up catching (and, again, in relatively short races!). "Wow, these get SO loose!" - well no crap, you shredded your tires in the opening laps trying to keep pace with someone with a lot more experience running cleaner lines than you!

Sorry, that turned into a rant! :p

These cars look amazing - great to see all three brands running performance model silhouettes. Seeing a car that says "Mustang" and a car that says "Camry" side by side kind of bursts the ol' bubble!

I will say you get a surprising number of first-class a-holes despite the licensing system. Generally speaking, fields in iRacing are bigger and better behaved than public lobby racing and every once in a blue moon you get into a race that's near club-quality. But by and large there is still a lot of "spot the a-holes" going into T1.

I have a totally unsubstantiated theory a decent % of iRacers have been in the bottle. It's truly an international service, so the figure of speech "it's five o'clock somewhere" seems to apply. You see a lot of erratic behavior from relatively high-license guys and if you use voice chat you'll hear a good bit of slurred speech.

Quote of the year this, "gold mammouth of racing game", brilliant :D

Thanks :), i don't have this game but before to enter in the world of racing game, i search all the titles in this category and when i have seen the content of IRacing, whoooow and the second whooooww with the price^^.

My advice for this studio is to share this game to the next gen console. Subscription to the PS+ or Xbox Pass + Susbcription to Iracing, double win for money, maybe the future for the Fifa series, NBA series or other.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 498 39.1%