• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured New Xfinity Cars Coming to iRacing This September

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +23,524

iRacing have confirmed three new cars for the NASCAR Xfinity Series will be coming to the simulation next month.

Yes, three new vehicles for the second tier NASCAR series are set to be added to iRacing during the month of September, bringing the NASCAR Xfinity Series Ford Mustang, Toyota Supra, and Chevrolet Camaro to the category.

As usual, all cars will retail for around $11.95. However, players who purchased the previous version of the cars within a two year timeframe from release of these 2019 models will get the cars for free, with anyone who purchased the cars over two years ago will receive $5 in iRacing credits.

Also, from release of the new models the previous version of the Xfinity cars become part of the free base game offering.

Stay up to date with the latest news, check out the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  2. G_B

G_B

Ratings:
    +9
    Thank for the infos.
    That change from GTR3, we have price, trailer :)

Long life To Iracing, the gold mammouth of racing game.

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. erba72

erba72

Ratings:
    +92
    How cool is that !
    I actually want to buy myself iRacing only to play Nascar now !

• Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  4. chargenick1563

chargenick1563

Ratings:
    +4
    Unfortunately for iRacing, the 2020 Xfinity Series Mustang was just revealed not too long ago. All that work just to have to replace the Mustang again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. F_B

F_B

Ratings:
    +921
    That the Iracing curse: once they release a car/track it gets abandoned or drastically changed within a short period. :D

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Brice.S.

Brice.S.

Ratings:
    +186
    ....So true....
    I'll get them btw, like every stuff, but that's a funny fact :)
    @++

7. MarcG

MarcG
    Premium

Ratings:
    +757
    Quote of the year this, "gold mammouth of racing game", brilliant :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Nick Hill

Nick Hill
    Premium

Ratings:
    +460
    It might be worth it, I'm currently on my yearly "see what iRacing's been up to" kick - the oval action is a ton of fun. Oval setups are an absolute mystery to me, so I stick to the fixed series and focus on the fun (and have gotten some ok-to-good results in the process).

It's hard to believe that even relatively high license holders can't get this through their heads, but oval racing - even the shorter races - is all about having an absolute feather touch feel for the go pedal. You race in some of these drop in fixed races and half the field clearly doesn't have their sim chops firmly under them yet and a good portion of the other half has got a brick laying on their accelerator. Massive spin a full turn ahead? Keep in pinned, you'll probably end your race, but you might garner a miracle finish! Also, pacing yourself is for wimps, too. I can't tell you how many guys who walk away from me in the opening laps I end up catching (and, again, in relatively short races!). "Wow, these get SO loose!" - well no crap, you shredded your tires in the opening laps trying to keep pace with someone with a lot more experience running cleaner lines than you!

Sorry, that turned into a rant! :p

These cars look amazing - great to see all three brands running performance model silhouettes. Seeing a car that says "Mustang" and a car that says "Camry" side by side kind of bursts the ol' bubble!

• Love Love x 1
  9. testdriver77

testdriver77

Ratings:
    +52
    Wtf Toyota..... why its possible to place here an Toyota and for others its not possible (FH4 for example)???

10. FernandoAFM

FernandoAFM
    Fernando Mattos Premium

Ratings:
    +106
    I think Toyota allows racing cars / trucks. Didn’t they allow the Toyota Artic Truck in FH4? I think it’s the same deal here.

11. Nick Hill

Nick Hill
    Premium

Ratings:
    +460
    I will say you get a surprising number of first-class a-holes despite the licensing system. Generally speaking, fields in iRacing are bigger and better behaved than public lobby racing and every once in a blue moon you get into a race that's near club-quality. But by and large there is still a lot of "spot the a-holes" going into T1.

I have a totally unsubstantiated theory a decent % of iRacers have been in the bottle. It's truly an international service, so the figure of speech "it's five o'clock somewhere" seems to apply. You see a lot of erratic behavior from relatively high-license guys and if you use voice chat you'll hear a good bit of slurred speech.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Brice.S.

Brice.S.

Ratings:
    +186
    ...that's why ovals are great : generally speaking, there is no t1 chaos ;)
    @++

13. G_B

G_B

Ratings:
    +9
    Thanks :), i don't have this game but before to enter in the world of racing game, i search all the titles in this category and when i have seen the content of IRacing, whoooow and the second whooooww with the price^^.

My advice for this studio is to share this game to the next gen console. Subscription to the PS+ or Xbox Pass + Susbcription to Iracing, double win for money, maybe the future for the Fifa series, NBA series or other.

• Haha Haha x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.