Team ORSM

Pfft....What do you know? :)

Seriously...I agree. The drop off is reasonable already as the times do drop away over a stint but there's no real penalty for tyre abuse. Maybe it's an Rfactor issue rather than V8Factor. I'd just like to see the tyres bite those who like to treat it like a drift mod.

given GAvin's response about the sound" haven't even started yet". I highly doubt it.

which is a shame, i've been looking forward to this since they've posted those WIP shots......

Darn it......

Personally I think the tyres need to drop off more. We just had our annual Bathurst enduro. The fastest race time was a 2:06.9 and that was mid stint. I have no problem getting the tyres to last 34 laps with average times in the low 9's. The tyres do drop off as the stint goes on with early laps in the 7's then gradually dropping to mid 9's by the end of the stint. There's a lot of tyre smoke running these lap times and I feel the driver should be punished more from over abuse of the rubber.

Wow Fast times, Especially in the race. I'm so surprised that you can be consistant all the 34 laps and dropping to just mid 9's. Congratulations.

What kind of setup do you use. can you give us some hints or better share your setup ?

Because the right front tyre is enduring some heavy punishment and is wearing a lot more than the other tyres

Note I said average times are low 9's. Traffic and the occasional brain fade hurt consistency but the times are still there over the stint. It starts out in the mid to low 7's and by the end I'm doing high 9's with the occasional dip into the 10's. The guys I raced with on the weekend were 20 seconds up the road after 57 laps. They both hit a high 6 in race trim and would probably have barely dropped into the 9's for most of the race.

You seem to have an eyebrow raised as you write your comments but I have no reason to exaggerate. I'm by no means the fastest guy around and there are plenty going faster than me.

My setup is attached but I doubt it will make much difference to anyone...it's certainly not great and in fact as the fuel gets low it's positively horrible.

Attachments

• Bathurst_JB.svm
    3.8 KB · Views: 293
To be perfectly honest with you all. I couldn't really care about the sounds. Use the old ones. There was nothing wrong with them.

If it gets it out faster do it I say.

Over 4 years in the making. Sounds can wait longer than the rest of the mod imho.

no offense or anything guys just my opinion.

dev

Some quotes from Priaulx on Autosport:

"These cars are so big and so heavy. They're fast, but they don't like to stop. So, they're really difficult to drive."

"They've got so much power and hardly any grip you can easily spin up and look like a numpty sat on the grid in loads of tyre smoke."

"The cars are really good fun to drive, but very, very hard."

So there you have it :p

So what do you have? - He drives a 2 litre front wheel drive car and not on street circuits. Pussy cars. Probably has traction control on as well. Any V8 Falcon or V8 Commodore you can spin up, I can in my Commodore. I think a Nascar on a street circuit would be worse, like in the old days of Indy.

Just stirring.

I heard him say they are heavy on the brakes and slow to turn in but for a guy that reckons they are tough he didn't do too badly in the race. Okay yes you got me for my lack of knowledge on the series he runs in, I heard them mention it on the telecast and thought I'd better come back and cop my medicine. I would like to add though as the Bathurts winning commentator Mark Skaife said, you can tell how much grip these cars have when they lift them on two wheels and they don't slide. Alex Tagliani said he thought they were easier to drive than an open wheeler, he said he had to keep prompting himself that he can go deeper into the corners because they brake so well.
I don't know, what do you do when these drivers can't give us reliable feedback. Now someone answer this so I can get my name off the ORSM feedback section heheheheh.

If you are half-skilled and have a good source, sounds can take a matter of days to create - of course dependent on how many different sounds ORSM go with - whether they go with just Ford & Holden or they decide to simulate the slightly different exhaust notes of a couple of teams.

Priaulx did very, very well - easily the best international I thought, not surprising being in the best team, an career touring car driver and with a bit of experience. I think Tags was referring to the fact that he had to keep pushing 'himself' rather than the car, I could be wrong, but I would always trust a 4-times E/WTCC champion over an open-wheeler driver who has had a single win in IndyCar in 10 years.

The only premiere motorsport series that I've seen (and I watch sh!tloads lol) that looks/is harder to drive around road circuits is NASCAR. Once the full-timers got in you can see the professionality, intensity and consistency of speed. We all know how good James Thompson is from his W/B/D/ETCC exploits, but remember him floundering like a noob, at Phillip Island especially, last year?

I heard him say they are heavy on the brakes and slow to turn in but for a guy that reckons they are tough he didn't do too badly in the race. Okay yes you got me for my lack of knowledge on the series he runs in, I heard them mention it on the telecast and thought I'd better come back and cop my medicine. I would like to add though as the Bathurts winning commentator Mark Skaife said, you can tell how much grip these cars have when they lift them on two wheels and they don't slide. Alex Tagliani said he thought they were easier to drive than an open wheeler, he said he had to keep prompting himself that he can go deeper into the corners because they brake so well.
I don't know, what do you do when these drivers can't give us reliable feedback. Now someone answer this so I can get my name off the ORSM feedback section heheheheh.

Too late now mate... Caught ya !!!!

And, Ryan, Andy was awarded the best international driver. When you consider the team he was with qualified back in the pack, then his drive was still an exceptional effort. I think he topped the international practice times too didn't he..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back