New wheel needed

Jim Hawley

PrestoGP Veteran
Right, I've got issues with my 3 year old g25, it keeps calibrating itself on the cock and the pedal pots are shot, basically it's had it:frown:

I've been looking at the two most obvious replacements, a new g27 or a fanatec gt3 rs:cool:. (yes I'm feeling flush atm)

I've been chatting with Chris J on the subject, he made some very good points, but before I place an order is anyone here using either? and could give me some real feedback on them

More to the point is anyone using the gt3?, the g27 is just a new improved g25 so I know pretty much what to expect but the fanatec is an unknown thing for me.

Any help would be appreciated here

Thanks

Jim

hey guys

I've already swapped the clutch for the brake pot some time ago, not tried the cleaning fluid tho, that's worth a shot

As for the wheel not centering properly I have no idea why or what to try to fix that

It's only just started doing it and it's not always out the same way, sometimes its 1 o'clock sometimes it's 10 o'clock

Jim

Hi Jim I have the same problem with G25 when start my PC 1or10 o'clock (not ever) but after that I unplug and plug the usb all is OK but think that have you tried this:).
About G27 you know all only news that I know about Gt3 and related special pedals my friend have a load cell problem but maybe the first version,in any case the pedals of Fanatec are really beauty and with many opportunity of adjustments.
Look here nice rewiew of mate Brian
http://www.racedepartment.com/content/795-fanatec-club-sport-pedal-review.html

I had a g25 before and it was giving me the same problems , last month I put it in the rubbish bin and replace it with a g27, the g27 is much quiter & smoother , the extra buttons will give u more options to setup your racing strategy and other things and you can find more features to adjust in the advanced menu setting of the steering in the in-game menu.

PS. I tried to cleane the pots before with an electronic fluid , they worked perfect for couple of races but then the same issue came back.

Anthony

As long as my only wheel throughout my sim-life is still working as it was new, I will continue to hail it. And I am of course talking about the Logitech Momo. We are now talking 3 years with heavy use... I do not dear to think about how many hours that is... maybe 1000?

The icing on the cake is that I bought it "second hand" (probably not used much though) for a 1/3rd of full price (about 34 euros) :D

I have to say I am tempted by the club sport pedals, they use the hall pots that Valter refers to, and being pressure sensitive not position controlled is something that gets me a little bit excited:eek::tongue:

I could do with a wheel that is quieter than my g25 as I have new neighbours who have decided to use a different room for sleeping than my old neighbours, i.e. the room next to my office, and they go to bed quite early so I don't want to upset them with the noise of my rattly old wheel if I'm racing late in the evening

Not sure about the Gt3 wheel tho, the paddles look a bit small and flimsy, maybe thats just the impression I get from the photos

Jim

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back