New Wheel Fanatec CSL Elite PS4

I am in the process of transitioning from a Thrustmaster T300 RS to a Fanatec CSL Elite PS4. I did this because a few months ago, I upgraded my Thrustmaster TP3A pedals to a set of Fanatec CSL Elite LC pedals.

I thought, what the heck, might as well match the Fanatec pedals with a Fanatec wheel. Even though, I really appreciate the shifting LEDs feature on the Fanatec wheel for example, the Fanatec wheel has much more features you can adjust.

As such, it almost feels like I am starting again. For every sim, I have to readjust the force feedback settings. Also, with more adjustment possibility comes also a lot of self-guessing. I am always asking myself if I could just squeeze some more performance by just tweaking one feature or another.

All this completely blind sided me. It also made me realized how much effort I had already invested in adjusting the T300 wheel just to my liking.

Off the bat, without making any adjustments on the Fanatec wheel, with a given combo track/car in a given sim, I was immediately slower. At first, I was questioning the move. Now, as I am learning about the capabilities of the Fanatec wheel, I am able to regain performance and overall get more comfortable with the wheel but it is a process.

I wonder if anyone experienced a similar situation before?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%