New Update and Fresh Content Coming to AMS!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS Puma 2.jpg

So you thought development of Automobilista had finished right? Wrong! A new update and some fresh content is heading to the sim - and here are the previews to prove it!

Already benefitting from a new update within the AMS Beta build, head man of Reiza Studios Renato Simioni has today confirmed some new content is also on the way to the simulation - with the little known Puma Automobiles manufacturer set to make an appearance with not one but four models coming to this outstanding racing title.

Sharing preview images on the Reiza Studios forum earlier today, Simioni has confirmed the classic Puma GTE and GTB will be added as existing content to the Brazilian TC Classics DLC, and the yet to be released new P052 and Lumimari GT will be coming to the title as free base content. Excellent!

AMS Puma 1.jpg
AMS Puma 3.jpg

For those of us maybe less familiar with the Puma Automobiles brand, here's what Wikipedia have to say on this obscure but rather cool manufacturer:

Puma is a Sports Car manufacturer, based in South Africa, which originally started out in Brazil. While based in South America, the company built cars from 1964 until roughly 1995, and also produced trucks from 1978 to 1999. The company then returned in 2013 under the name of "Puma Automobiles" and began manufacturing the Puma 52 (made especially for racing tracks) and the Puma GT 2.4 Lumimari.

Many consider[weasel words] the first development of Pumas to be a result of Brazilian regulations during the 1960s that restricted imports and were designed to encourage domestic automobile production. High tariffs and more import-friendly regulations of the mid 1980s, as well as turmoil in the company, are widely considered to be among the main factors that ended the production of the first generation of Puma's Brazilian produced automobiles. During this era, Puma sourced engines from DKW (3 cylinders), Volkswagen (4 cylinders) and General Motors (4 and 6 cylinder) and mounted them on their own chassis and Fiberglass bodies. A select number of cars were exported to US markets during the 1970s to the 1980s, but a more cost effective Kit car option was responsible for the majority of US models. The Kit car variant was actually a complete car exported without the front suspension, transaxle, engine, wheels and tires. The missing components were available from the North American distributor, or the buyer could source the needed parts locally. Less restrictive regulations permitted the importation and marketing of a greater number complete cars in Canada.

Production of the first models started in 1964 using DKW components and a front engine, front wheel design. These models were sold and manufactured exclusively for auto racing. In 1967, and the entire automobile was re-adapted for street use and commercial sale and featured an updated rear-mounted Volkswagen engine with a rear-wheel design.

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing game from Reiza Studios, and can be purchased from the Steam network.

If you enjoy Automobilista then take your experience to the next level with RaceDepartment! Join in our brilliant online Racing Club to take part in organised online race events, or head over to the Automobilista Modding Forum to have a look through our community made content, or if this isn't enough to keep you occupied, check out the general AMS sub forum and involve yourself in our wonderful sim racing community.
Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Surprised they are still adding content to AMS when they were beginning their marketing cycle for their next title a short while back.

They haven't even decided on the engine yet. I'm not sure they've begun a 'marketing cycle' other than confirming they are indeed intending to make another game.

In the early 2018 (or was it late 2017?) update they were still to release a bug fix patch and the final DLC. We're still waiting for that, although we're lead to believe it's close.

The content presented here came about from a partnership they've struck up while working on that final update + the Reiza DLC, announced in the last public update.

I for one am not complaining that the game is still being supported.

I'm almost sad I bought VR, I'd love to try those 2 new TC classics cars but will wait and hope they make it into their next sim :) Even though I wont experience the new additions Reiza restores my faith in sim devs with their choice of content :thumbsup:

Last edited:
They haven't even decided on the engine yet. I'm not sure they've begun a 'marketing cycle' other than confirming they are indeed intending to make another game.

In the early 2018 (or was it late 2017?) update they were still to release a bug fix patch and the final DLC. We're still waiting for that, although we're lead to believe it's close.

The content presented here came about from a partnership they've struck up while working on that final update + the Reiza DLC, announced in the last public update.

I for one am not complaining that the game is still being supported.

You are suggesting this is not the "final DLC" that was supposed to involve a new manufacturer not yet in the sim? Sure looks like it to me, but if you have info that says otherwise, please share.

I'm almost sad I bought VR, I'd love to try those 2 new TC classics cars but will wait and hope they make it into their next sim :) Even though I wont experience the new additions Reiza restore my faith in sim devs with their choice of content :thumbsup:

Your self-imposed VR isolation is very sad. Thanks for sharing. We're here for you if you need support or a shoulder to cry on. We'll find time to help you and the other VR zealots in between great sessions enjoying AMS.

Your self-imposed VR isolation is very sad. Thanks for sharing. We're here for you if you need support or a shoulder to cry on. We'll find time to help you and the other VR zealots in between great sessions enjoying AMS.
Glad to know I have shoulders to cry on if needed, invest in 1980's style garments with padded shoulders for extra absorption cos I'm feeling really zealoty at the moment!

Last edited:
What about the rF2 DLC that was due to release "in the very short term", i.e. at most three weeks from November 2nd. There is now one day left to this maximum deadline that was given.

Renato mentioned that those 3 weeks was to provide them to S397 but we as users won't see when that happens (hopefully already did)…...Plus whatever time S397 deems necessary before an actual release.
I'm still hoping for end of Nov when they release the road map.

You are suggesting this is not the "final DLC" that was supposed to involve a new manufacturer not yet in the sim? Sure looks like it to me, but if you have info that says otherwise, please share.
it isnt. as 2 of thr 4 cars are free. and this is the new partnership that brings extra cars in. for me atleast it seems very unlikely this is the manufacturers carpack. maybe @Renato Simioni can answer this?

Sure

"This is not the final previously announced DLC though, it´s a new deal that came up more recently.

I know that people are more anxious about the DLC and for that we still need a bit more time - fingers crossed it won´t take much longer"

From Renato on the Reiza 51 forum (page 227 of the Beta build thread), where I assume Paul has got his info from.

Look before you leap, old chap.

it isnt. as 2 of thr 4 cars are free. and this is the new partnership that brings extra cars in. for me atleast it seems very unlikely this is the manufacturers carpack. maybe @Renato Simioni can answer this?
He did ;) https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/ams-beta-builds-1-5-12b-now-up.414/page-227#post-37418

For people who don't have access. here's the post:
This is not the final previously announced DLC though, it´s a new deal that came up more recently.

I know that people are more anxious about the DLC and for that we still need a bit more time - fingers crossed it won´t take much longer.

What about the rF2 DLC that was due to release "in the very short term", i.e. at most three weeks from November 2nd. There is now one day left to this maximum deadline that was given.
Reiza is not controling when rF2 content is gonna be released .. that is on S379 ...

With Puma P052 we basically have Mazda mx5 cup :) Than "muscle" car, old and new street sport car .. not bad ..

Last edited:
For all of you that thumb your noses up that if it's not "VR", I'm not buying it. I've been sim racing for 15 years and own an Oculus and the new Samsung Odessey+. I still rank Reiza as a top notch racing simulation that I actually race the most, and look forward to both they and RF2 with the new items coming soon. /Jack :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back