New Update and Fresh Content Coming to AMS!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
AMS Puma 2.jpg

So you thought development of Automobilista had finished right? Wrong! A new update and some fresh content is heading to the sim - and here are the previews to prove it!

Already benefitting from a new update within the AMS Beta build, head man of Reiza Studios Renato Simioni has today confirmed some new content is also on the way to the simulation - with the little known Puma Automobiles manufacturer set to make an appearance with not one but four models coming to this outstanding racing title.

Sharing preview images on the Reiza Studios forum earlier today, Simioni has confirmed the classic Puma GTE and GTB will be added as existing content to the Brazilian TC Classics DLC, and the yet to be released new P052 and Lumimari GT will be coming to the title as free base content. Excellent!

AMS Puma 1.jpg
AMS Puma 3.jpg

For those of us maybe less familiar with the Puma Automobiles brand, here's what Wikipedia have to say on this obscure but rather cool manufacturer:

Puma is a Sports Car manufacturer, based in South Africa, which originally started out in Brazil. While based in South America, the company built cars from 1964 until roughly 1995, and also produced trucks from 1978 to 1999. The company then returned in 2013 under the name of "Puma Automobiles" and began manufacturing the Puma 52 (made especially for racing tracks) and the Puma GT 2.4 Lumimari.

Many consider[weasel words] the first development of Pumas to be a result of Brazilian regulations during the 1960s that restricted imports and were designed to encourage domestic automobile production. High tariffs and more import-friendly regulations of the mid 1980s, as well as turmoil in the company, are widely considered to be among the main factors that ended the production of the first generation of Puma's Brazilian produced automobiles. During this era, Puma sourced engines from DKW (3 cylinders), Volkswagen (4 cylinders) and General Motors (4 and 6 cylinder) and mounted them on their own chassis and Fiberglass bodies. A select number of cars were exported to US markets during the 1970s to the 1980s, but a more cost effective Kit car option was responsible for the majority of US models. The Kit car variant was actually a complete car exported without the front suspension, transaxle, engine, wheels and tires. The missing components were available from the North American distributor, or the buyer could source the needed parts locally. Less restrictive regulations permitted the importation and marketing of a greater number complete cars in Canada.

Production of the first models started in 1964 using DKW components and a front engine, front wheel design. These models were sold and manufactured exclusively for auto racing. In 1967, and the entire automobile was re-adapted for street use and commercial sale and featured an updated rear-mounted Volkswagen engine with a rear-wheel design.

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing game from Reiza Studios, and can be purchased from the Steam network.

If you enjoy Automobilista then take your experience to the next level with RaceDepartment! Join in our brilliant online Racing Club to take part in organised online race events, or head over to the Automobilista Modding Forum to have a look through our community made content, or if this isn't enough to keep you occupied, check out the general AMS sub forum and involve yourself in our wonderful sim racing community.
Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

You are suggesting this is not the "final DLC" that was supposed to involve a new manufacturer not yet in the sim? Sure looks like it to me, but if you have info that says otherwise, please share.
It's quite unlikely this is the final DLC, given the fact that this is not a DLC.

(Okay, if you want to be literal, then I guess it is, because every bit of content is "downloadable content", but it's not a DLC in the usual sense.)

Puma's looks great and I am happy they come in the game. But do hope they get just a little more power than IRL.
I really hope Reiza would just stick with what they have and developed that engine.
Making it 64 bit ,Dx11, driver animation and VR is all what is needed to make AMS 2.0
Then add weather for version 3.0

I really hope Reiza would just stick with what they have and developed that engine.
Making it 64 bit ,Dx11, driver animation and VR is all what is needed to make AMS 2.0
So what you're saying is they "just" need to replace the game engine as pretty much nothing you've just mentioned is feasible with the current one.

Sure

"This is not the final previously announced DLC though, it´s a new deal that came up more recently.

I know that people are more anxious about the DLC and for that we still need a bit more time - fingers crossed it won´t take much longer"

From Renato on the Reiza 51 forum (page 227 of the Beta build thread), where I assume Paul has got his info from.

Look before you leap, old chap.

Good news. And I wasn't leaping, just asking. If the original post had a quote from or attribution from Reiza/Renato, I wouldn't have questioned it.

Puma's looks great and I am happy they come in the game. But do hope they get just a little more power than IRL.

rF2 engine has already implemented all those modifications you mentioned. So Reiza can choose to spend 2-3 years to do the same as what ISI and S397 have done and probably end up with close to the same result, or they could simply buy the current gMotor 2.5+ engine from S397. Option two is surely the more sensible one if Reiza wishes to continue using gMotor engine.

Great stuff. I love AMS so much(steering/feel/sound/FFB/immersion/singleplayer races with>10 AI awesome!) and especially the Latin/ BRA tracks I never heard of before AMS and look so great, plus the Caterhams ( which still don't have the drivers/figures steering arms implemented in the replays: the drivers are like zombies in the cars...)
And arguably the MOST INTIMIDATING STREETCAR ever in a racingsim: Ultima 720 Street. I love it!

Thanks Reiza!

Cheers
Robin (Assetto Corsa fan too!)

Some more info as this wasn´t really meant to be more than an inside-beta preview :p

This indeed is not the final previously announced DLC, it´s a new partnership that´s come up more recently to promote Puma´s comeback. We´ll have better previews and more details on the cars soon enough, but again as previously mentioned all cars will be "free" (so long as you already own the Brazilian TC Classics DLC for the classic models). We´re aiming to release them before christmas.

The much awaited and long overdue final DLC should follow not long after.

Last edited:
When S397 were asked about the Reiza DLC recently, they said exactly the opposite. That it's not under their control and they are waiting for Reiza to deliver. Edit: here.

Just to be clear, before we can package anything, we first need to get the content delivered by Reiza, who are still putting the finishing touches to this DLC. As soon as we have it, we can check, package and start planning the marketing and release together.

Nice updates!

Btw, apparently people in Australia cannot buy AMS at the moment because the AUD currency is not defined. I'm not sure if this is fixed already (I'm not from Australia but someone mentioned it on reddit).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back