New transmission simulation

Anyone else feeling it? The new system simulates oscillation under load as well as gear oscillations as far as i can feel.

Tested with new WTCC2014 at Macau and it really does feel great.

The undulation of the road causes the transmission to act very true to life, as does the inner wheel lifts.

Some great innovation on this!

Just wanted to point this out, as it really is innovative and feels great :)

Yep. Definitely not getting the attention it should get. In terms of "feel" it is way ahead of the transmission models in any other sim at the moment, even rF2...

That and the new FFB fixes in the later updates, makes this the no1 sim right now, in terms of race feel. Also, the latest content added has been amazing. Especially the Grp. 5 pack.

Add to this the new dedicated server option, and it is coming together nicely. I feel confident in backing RRE as my main sim and i'm happy they still innovate.

More people should get this title, especially now that it has evolved a great deal.

The new transmission model feels great, I agree. It's improved the feel of every car, a game changer in a more subtle way.

rFactor 2 is deservedly heralded as raising the bar in terms of innovation (e.g. tyre flat spots, real road, chassis flex) and I think this new feature in R3E is right up there. I don't feel Sector3 is getting the credit they deserve for this. If drive train elasticity was the product of rF2, AC or pCARS I'm sure we would hear a lot more about it. But as I said, it's gone under the radar and unfortunately that's symptomatic of R3E as a whole - a great sim that doesn't get the attention it deserves.

R3E has been my main sim for around a year now, despite the fact that it's far from finished and missing many core features. You could argue it's not the most hardcore driving simulator, but it's the best 'racing' sim by far in my opinion and that's why I play it the most.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 378 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%