New Trademark Filings Hint at New F1 Logo Design

Liberty have spent a medium sized countries GOP on acquiring F1, now they want to put their own mark on it, regardless of what any F1 fan thinks, this is a corporate decision. All about brand ownership.
Was glad to hear F1 have been tapping Dorna (MotoGP) up for ideas, now that is a company, that although great doubt was cast upon them for some strange decisions early on, crafted MotoGP into one of the most exciting, close quarter racing on the planet, throw in Moto2 & Moto3 as a sideshow and you have TV gold.
If I only had choice of one, I certainly know which it would be for me, Marques crashed 28 times this season and won the championship :confused: and not a halo in sight!

F1 Logo.jpg

Added some lines, maybe some more people will now actually see the "1" magically appearing :)

Fact that so many people don't see F1 in the logo is actually a sign it's badly designed.

I've learned graphic design, 12 years ago. Now i work as a polygraph. The fonts they use in these Logos where actual... Sometime by the end of the 90's. :whistling: Also the letters are poorly typeset.
Now critisizing is alway easy. Maybe if i find the time and energie, i will give it a try.
And really i think they should change it. Or at least do a redesign (update).

Last edited:
I'm colour blind to red and green,so maybe it would be better for them to consider that.It's been a tough life,I sometimes spend hours at the traffic lights.:unsure:

So we have the new logo...disgusting. The logo looks fine on its own but when it's about FORMULA 1, it doesn't fit. But perhaps they tried to make the logo crappier to contrast the introduction of halo... :rolleyes:

However, at least they kept SOMETHING from the old logo... http://prntscr.com/hfgq39

They can safely remove the "TM" mark, nobody is going to steal it.

Fact that so many people don't see F1 in the logo is actually a sign it's badly designed.
It's rather a sign people need using their brain. ^^

Likewise many people don't see the bear or don't recognize the Matterhorn in Toblerone's logo, and that does not make the logo less attractive or less instantly identifiable.

And at the end of the day, there is even less of a "1" in the new one!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 387850

Well I can see why they chose the logo they did when presented with such alternatives! Can anyone explain the first image, left page, third row down and fourth across?!

To be honest the logo doesn’t bug me half as much as the “F1 Regular” font. I really dislike the sloping letter “a” and hate how letters such as “ca” and “ra” run into each other. It just looks wrong to me...

FI :D

The logo is complemented by a suite of typefaces designed by Marc Rouault, a young French designer whose portfolio had impressed Turley and the design team. A headline font, F1 Regular, is joined by two display faces, F1 Turbo and F1 Torque. “Hopefully the [main typeface] is evocative of motorsport – there’s a kind of retro aspect to it,” says Turley. “[We] tried hard to think about differentiated letter forms – [so that] a pop-up or immersive event has an identity.”
https://s3-eu-central-1.amazonaws.c...tent/uploads/2017/11/F1-typography-Torque.png
GO AWAY Marc Rouault!

They could revamp the old logo with a more up to date look.
But the fonts...:speechless::sick:

Isn't this version way better, so you can read F1 and not FI? Few minutes in Photoshop, Mr. Rouault...
f1logo.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back