New track idea!

Kimmo Kokkonen

Lord GTR3, His master's voice
Premium
Laser Scanned tracks!
LaserScannedLegendaryTracks.jpg

So they can!

Oke! Please Kunos create a one real race track that is never modelled before, just one new track for us, thanks. Note that there's about 1000 or more tracks modelled already so we know most of and we want something new!!! MP is not so important...

I know one, it's Premier Park Porvoo Finland, just do it with Laser Scan technology and make us happy! And create Gumball 3000 mod!!!

Gumball 3000 2013 Finland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKNEDMY-oTw

Link: http://www.premierpark.fi/media

I tested that track about 2 years ago and it's should be part of AC sim, there's also offroad track for testing 4wd etc, any other game not allow this track so this is your change!!! My own version W.I.P but on ice atm...can't find my Laser Scanner...

He used to annoy me, now I look forward to his nonsense. Usually one of the best laughs I get all day. :roflmao:
<Mod Edit: No excuse for talking like that.>

So it is impossible to create Laser Scanned scratch build track but Laser Scanned modified track is easy money, oke!

This Premier Park is a really nice track, made for auto testing so it includes all needed elements for testing your driving skills but if you don't like it so no can do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Darn, shame on you Australian National Drag Racing Association... Kimmo Kokkonen had dibs on the drag strip format.

So now your new crusade is that all original tracks in AC are copied over mods from other games? From what game did they steal Vallelunga?

Well, yes, it's impossible to laser scan something that doesn't exist in the real world. :O_o:
Oh really?

Do you mean that it is not possible to copy others work if them not exists?

No it's not, just Scan Premier Park and start modding, I did few of my tracks from zero point and many said that those are just like real ones, even if I don't have Laser Scanner.

So you wanna say that Laser Scanning need already done mods and at first you have to create or copy mod and then Laser Scan it and then you are able to create Laser Scanned track, oke! So is it possible to Laser Scan my Motopark Raceway, it does exists, Please?

zzzZZZzzz....

Oh really?

No it's not, just Scan Premier Park and start modding, I did few of my tracks from zero point and many said that those are just like real ones, even if I don't have Laser Scanner.

So you wanna say that Laser Scanning need already done mods and at first you have to create or copy mod and then Laser Scan it and then you are able to create Laser Scanned track, oke! So is it possible to Laser Scan my Motopark Raceway, it does exists, Please?

zzzZZZzzz....
img

Oh really?

zzzZZZzzz....

Laser scanning involves dragging a big contraption behind a vehicle so it can scan the track surface and its surroundings. I'm not sure how you'd accomplish that on a track that only exists in the virtual world. I would expect the world's greatest track modder to know this. :O_o: Oke!

Laser scanning involves dragging a big contraption behind a vehicle so it can scan the track surface and its surroundings. I'm not sure how you'd accomplish that on a track that only exists in the virtual world. I would expect the world's greatest track modder to know this. :O_o: Oke!
Oke, sorry but I must ruin your Party!

Premier Park is a real track, located in Porvoo, Finland.

Also Motopark Raceway is a real race track, located in Virtasalmi, Finland

See real track and my mod, quite similar, used GPS data for modding, I also have my own driving experience and images from there so I know it very well.

My scratch build Motopark Raceway

A real Motopart Raceway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9NJJloVdV4

Here's some of my work (Targa Florio is my Simbin conversion from GPL/rF1)
https://www.youtube.com/user/Keni9900026/videos

Oke, sorry but I must ruin your Party!

Premier Park is a real track, located in Porvoo, Finland.

Also Motopark Raceway is a real race track, located in Virtasalmi, Finland

See real track and my mod, quite similar, used GPS data for modding, I also have my own driving experience and images from there so I know it very well.

My scratch build Motopark Raceway

A real Motopart Raceway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9NJJloVdV4

Here's some of my work (Targa Florio is my Simbin conversion from GPL/rF1)
https://www.youtube.com/user/Keni9900026/videos

You asked if a "scratch built" track can be laser scanned. A "scratch built" track is usually defined as a track that a guy in his bedroom (possibly in his underwear) created from scratch on his computer using various software and tools, i.e. he didn't just rip the track from another game and convert it to AC. He started with a blank screen and created the track and scenery.............from scratch.

A laser scanned track happens when a team goes to an actual, real-world racing facility and pulls a device behind a truck that uses lasers (possibly mounted to sharks) to scan the actual, real-world track surface, bumps, grooves, pebbles, layout, and sometimes the surrounding scenery. So, not only would laser scanning a scratch built track be impossible, but also pointless.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 186 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 364 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 507 39.0%