New toyota supra revealed

New 2019 toyata super revealed:

https://www.news.com.au/technology/...w/news-story/80809891ba8acee0062307ecbf5b4117

Its been quite a while since the last toyota supra from what I know.

166504b1d686587bb3ad5b58cfb096f0

6f8481f89b1661f920b8ae6f7187d499

27d97f955f4c5a7b61f319c23b921d8b

Last edited:
I'm a bit on the fence about the styling. I don't like making judgements on modern cars because pictures rarely seem to do them justice. Looks like they went for driving experience over big numbers.

Hopefully it looks better when actually viewed than in those two pictures.
I think it is ugly as sin in those pictures...way too many openings at the front of the car.
It is not a 'flowing' shape.

Not going to mix my words, it looks horrendous. The front is just horrible full stop, the roof is a weird bubble shape that looks too high to be in proportion with the rest of the car, rear guards look straight off a Porsche Cayman and don't suit the car in the slightest and the rear reminds of me this meme:

15226508.jpg

There is way too much going on with the whole design. Toyota missed the mark on this by a long way imo.

The rear reminds me of the cylons from battlestar galactica. I think it's a shape I could become accustomed too. Bold design takes a while to get used too.

Toyota make probably the most reliable cars money can buy.
Styling of Japanese cars in general has always looked a bit curious to me, but no doubt this will become very sought after.

Considering it's based on a BMW, I'm not sure why it would matter.

These days, Sportscar sales are way down.
Motorcycle sales are way down.
Convertible sales are way down.

Reading into these trends, driver involvement is becoming much less of a priority.

The other issue is that electric cars are going to be taking center stage soon and they have 100% torque available instantly at all rpm's without waiting for a downshift. The batteries on the floor mean they have extremely low CG. When a basic people mover can do a 0-60 in under 4 sec with instantaneous power delivery, much higher safety in terms of rollover and crashes, a car dedicated to sporty driving becomes a harder sell.

In the near future self driving cars will become commonplace and at some point probably mandatory. An entire generation will likely grow up attached to their smart phone / AR device and get shuttled around before they are old enough to drive, so they won't bother learning.

People will need to go to race tracks or off road courses to "drive" in any way that could be considered sporty.

The big question is whether weekend track days will suddenly become more popular or if people will start to forget about driving since driving will end up being something "quaint" in every day use.

If horseback riding is any indication there will always be people who enjoy riding a horse and there will always be a place for people to go to ride. Similarly the automotive culture will end up being a hobby for a certain group a people who consider it fun.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 160 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 278 13.5%